• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Questions about WKORV

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have a trip booked for two weeks in Hawaii next July, and the second leg of our trip includes a stay at WKORV. I have a neigbor who now would like to join us on that second leg of our trip and also stay at WKORV.

I have a couple of questions:

He is the type who does not like shaky or even potential shaky deals. To make this as simple as possible, what would be his best bet to rent a 2BR OV unit? Should I recommend Myresortnetwork & Redweek, or should I help him find a broker to handle the deal?

What is a fair rent to pay for a 2BR OV unit in mid-July??

If he does indeed rent a unit from an owner, what are his chances of being located next to or very nearby me if we both place requests? My view request has been in place since the 12 month mark. Would his request affect (lower) my request?

Thanks in advance.
Terry

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
I would think that he could do just fine renting via the TUG marketplace as well. Maybe even craigslist. If you helped him, I'm sure it would be safe.

Regarding views and being close together, July is usually a high demand time, so if whoever he rents from booked their week at 12 months out too, then I would say that you would have an equal chance of getting similarly placed villas. However, if the week hasn't been reserved yet, then his villa assignment would be slightly less desirable than yours. But it's a great resort, so if you want to be close together to get the most out of your vacation, then I wouldn't worry about whether requesting to be together means you get a lesser view assignment. I guess you need to decide which is more important to you.

TUGers have rented 2 BD OVs for anywhere from $3400-4200/week. Not sure what the market is like these days with airfare to Hawaii going through the roof, but that used to be the range. Check asking prices on the various rental sites for comps.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I have a couple of questions:

He is the type who does not like shaky or even potential shaky deals. To make this as simple as possible, what would be his best bet to rent a 2BR OV unit? Should I recommend Myresortnetwork & Redweek, or should I help him find a broker to handle the deal?

I wouldn't bother with a broker - unless you want to pay a lot more. If he wants 100% security he should rent directly from the resort. If he rents from an owner, he can have the resort send him a confirmation in the renter's name which is no more shaky then going through a 3rd party. If he rents from Redweek or Myresortnetwork he would be renting directly from an owner anyway.

What is a fair rent to pay for a 2BR OV unit in mid-July??

I rent my 2 bdm. OV for $3,500. (And no, this isn't an Ad - it's already rented! :D)

If he does indeed rent a unit from an owner, what are his chances of being located next to or very nearby me if we both place requests?

If he rents from an owner, the owner can request that he be located next to you, however, make sure it's in place before 8 mos. out or the owner will have no priority to request a view. However, location is never guaranteed.

My view request has been in place since the 12 month mark. Would his request affect (lower) my request?

Possibly - if they move you to be near him.