• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Questions about setting up new RCI points account

Goldi

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have a RCI Platinum Weeks account which is paid up through April 2024. This account is in husbands name. I just won a bid for a RCI points timeshare at Massanutten. The advertisement states that there is a $222 fee to activate a new RCI points account. Will RCI link the existing RCI Platinum Weeks account to the new RCI points account? Will we still have to pay a $222 activation fee or just a fee to transfer the points to the new RCI points account?
Also should we put the timeshare in my husbands name since the existing RCI Platinum Weeks account is in his name?

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
Bump

Yellowfin

TUG Member
Reaction score
my understanding is that the accounts will be separate and require another annual fee (but I do not know for sure, maybe someone can confirm)

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
You will have to pay the $224 to set up the RCI points account. Then you can get a prorated refund on your rci weeks account and platinum fee. They pro-rate it in such a way that you may not get much for it. Your rci weeks account will then be included in your rci points fee. They may be able to just transfer the platinum part without pro rating and having you re buy that one.

In order to get them linked (with a single fee) I think both timeshares have to be deeded the same way. They may be able to link if the weeks is in one name and the points are in both but I am not sure. If you have the weeks in his name and the points in your name for sure they won't link the two accounts.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
You will have to pay the $224 to set up the RCI points account. Then you can get a prorated refund on your rci weeks account and platinum fee. They pro-rate it in such a way that you may not get much for it. Your rci weeks account will then be included in your rci points fee. They may be able to just transfer the platinum part without pro rating and having you re buy that one.

In order to get them linked (with a single fee) I think both timeshares have to be deeded the same way. They may be able to link if the weeks is in one name and the points are in both but I am not sure. If you have the weeks in his name and the points in your name for sure they won't link the two accounts.
I am going through the transfer of an RCI points contract, I should have it open in the next couple of months. I checked my RCI weeks account, it is valid until May 2021. How do I link the accounts? Do I mention it on the transfer of RCI points membership form or I call RCI after the points contract is open to link the two? Assuming I have exactly a year left of my Weeks membership, I should get a full refund for that year, right? I am not sure what you mean that they have a way of prorating it that is not in the favor of the member.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I am going through the transfer of an RCI points contract, I should have it open in the next couple of months. I checked my RCI weeks account, it is valid until May 2021. How do I link the accounts? Do I mention it on the transfer of RCI points membership form or I call RCI after the points contract is open to link the two? Assuming I have exactly a year left of my Weeks membership, I should get a full refund for that year, right? I am not sure what you mean that they have a way of prorating it that is not in the favor of the member.
they take what you actually paid and then prorate it based on the full monthly fee as if you only signed up for a year. So lets say the annual fee is $99 but you paid $249 for 3 years and used 24 out of the 36 months, your prorated refund would be $51. ($249- 99/12=8.25*24=$198)=$51.

If you had a 2 for 1 discount and paid $99 for 2 years and have a year left, then your pro-rated refund is $0.

You can indicate that you have a weeks account already on the form or it may be just as easy to wait until the points account is set up, have then refund anything you get back and link them at that time. If you pay for platinum for points you get platinum for both weeks and points.

Goldi

TUG Member
Reaction score

The weeks timeshare is in both names, however, the RCI weeks account is only in husband’s name. The new Massanutten points timeshare is in only husband’s name. I was hoping that if we put the new timeshare in husband’s name they would link both RCI points and weeks.

Last edited:

Goldi

TUG Member
Reaction score
The closing on our Massanutten Woodstone is moving right along. We are waiting for the resort to record the deed and our RCI points account to be setup. Last Friday I looked at husband’s RCI Weeks account. I noticed a deposit from Massanutten. The description was “Massanutten $239 Offer”. I wasn’t expecting this so soon. The resorts available were all at Massanutten and another one at Spotsylvania Presidential resort. There was a good selection of dates available. I could not find an expiration for the offer on RCI so called and asked. I was told that I had to book by Mar 31st or loose the offer. I’m glad I called and asked otherwise I wouldn’t have known the expiration date. I went ahead and booked a 1 bedroom at Massanutten Woodstone for middle of June.
I read on Tug that we will also receive an offer (certificate) in the RCI Points account once it is setup. I was hoping to see resorts available in Florida. Has anyone else been offered resorts outside of Massanutten? I’m just wondering what to expect in the future.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The closing on our Massanutten Woodstone is moving right along. We are waiting for the resort to record the deed and our RCI points account to be setup. Last Friday I looked at husband’s RCI Weeks account. I noticed a deposit from Massanutten. The description was “Massanutten $239 Offer”. I wasn’t expecting this so soon. The resorts available were all at Massanutten and another one at Spotsylvania Presidential resort. There was a good selection of dates available. I could not find an expiration for the offer on RCI so called and asked. I was told that I had to book by Mar 31st or loose the offer. I’m glad I called and asked otherwise I wouldn’t have known the expiration date. I went ahead and booked a 1 bedroom at Massanutten Woodstone for middle of June.
I read on Tug that we will also receive an offer (certificate) in the RCI Points account once it is setup. I was hoping to see resorts available in Florida. Has anyone else been offered resorts outside of Massanutten? I’m just wondering what to expect in the future.
The resorts don't have to be a part of Vacation Village but they are restricted to something like 45 days out and they usually can only pull resorts that have a tpu value of around 7 or fewer points.

Goldi

TUG Member
Reaction score
The resorts don't have to be a part of Vacation Village but they are restricted to something like 45 days out and they usually can only pull resorts that have a tpu value of around 7 or fewer points.
I saw weeks available as far out as Sept and Oct. I assume the offer we received is the VV “certificate” that I’ve read about. Hopefully in the future they will offer options in Florida.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
sorry to hijack the thread. We are recent Regal Vistas owners, the deed was recorded about 4 weeks ago, our RCI points account was set up about 10 days ago. I already made two reservations with the points.
Today I tried to register on the Massanutten owners site but it looks like the account number of the previous owners (PR....) is not recognized, I need an owner number.
Does anyone have an email address/ contact person at the Massanutten owners services so I can get in touch with them?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
sorry to hijack the thread. We are recent Regal Vistas owners, the deed was recorded about 4 weeks ago, our RCI points account was set up about 10 days ago. I already made two reservations with the points.
Today I tried to register on the Massanutten owners site but it looks like the account number of the previous owners (PR....) is not recognized, I need an owner number.
Does anyone have an email address/ contact person at the Massanutten owners services so I can get in touch with them?
You may not be in the system yet. My sale was waiting on the for the recorded deed to be sent with the resort transfer check.

Goldi

TUG Member
Reaction score

I found this phone number on owners.massresort.com :

Billing/Account Administration
Phone: 540.289.4911 | Email: ownersassoc@massresort.com