• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Questions about my Aunt's Wyndham Timeshares

Baggi

Reaction score
She has two different ones. One is 220,000 points a year and the other is 210,000 points a year.

She isn't sure if she should try and sell them or just give them away?

The other question is, she isn't sure where the deeds are. Can she go to Wyndham to get that information? I mean, they are charging her upkeep all the time, straight out of her bank account. They must have some proof she owns them? Or if not, can she just demand they stop taking the funds and be good?

Thanks for your time! I hope I posted this in the correct forum.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Best forum to post it would be in the Wyndham one, which is under Timeshare Resort Systems. She can find out where they are deeded by logging into the Wyndham website and selecting "My Account." It should then provide a listing of her contracts.

her options are to keep and use them, to try to sell them if they are lower fee ones, to give them away potentially by using the free timeshare forum here on TUG, or to give them back to Wyndham via their Ovations program.

if she chooses to give them back to Wyndham, they have a limited edition portion of the Ovations program that allows her to use the points for three years with no fees, but eligibility depends on where they're deeded to.

If you've got any other questions once she's looked up what she owns, you could either update this thread or repost in the Wyndham forum. IIRC, @ecwinch typically moderated that one and might be able to move this thread there.

Baggi

Reaction score
Best forum to post it would be in the Wyndham one, which is under Timeshare Resort Systems. She can find out where they are deeded by logging into the Wyndham website and selecting "My Account." It should then provide a listing of her contracts.

her options are to keep and use them, to try to sell them if they are lower fee ones, to give them away potentially by using the free timeshare forum here on TUG, or to give them back to Wyndham via their Ovations program.

if she chooses to give them back to Wyndham, they have a limited edition portion of the Ovations program that allows her to use the points for three years with no fees, but eligibility depends on where they're deeded to.

If you've got any other questions once she's looked up what she owns, you could either update this thread or repost in the Wyndham forum. IIRC, @ecwinch typically moderated that one and might be able to move this thread there.
She doesn't have the login information for the website either. She has to call them whenever she makes a reservation.

I'll look into the Ovations program for her or tell her about it and wait to repost to see if this thread gets moved.

Thanks for the information!

Hobokie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara (HGVC) + Worldmark
She should call and get her login? Or maybe try "forgot password" or "forgot username" and see if you are able to reset this way?

Baggi

Reaction score
She has two timeshares with Wyndham. She wants to get rid of them. Do they have any value?

Right now the only information I have is a picture she sent me of mail she got with her annual points, type (UDI) contract numbers and points (220,000 and 210,000 annual).

Any value?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I bet with the screenshots she sent, you can create a login.

Go to myclubwyndham.com

Select Register Now

You'll need her member number, name, contract number

Login in and go to my ownership tab -> financial info tab

Tell us what resorts, # points and the maintenance fees.

Then you'll get opinions here on if they are worth anything or not. It will depend on what resorts and what her maintenance fees are if they are worth anything on the secondary market.

Ovations will not pay her for them. At best, they'll give her a couple years usage.

Good luck!

schoolmarm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA, Bali Hai, and National Harbor; Summit at Massanutten
Typically timeshares do not have much monetary value if you are trying to sell them. The value is in using them to take vacations. If YOU are interested, you can take them over. If she bought from Wyndham, she might have VIP status and that has some value...it is only retained by transfer to a family member. It is lost on resale.

The resorts are really nice and I certainly like to use them.

Baggi

Reaction score
Typically timeshares do not have much monetary value if you are trying to sell them. The value is in using them to take vacations. If YOU are interested, you can take them over. If she bought from Wyndham, she might have VIP status and that has some value...it is only retained by transfer to a family member. It is lost on resale.

The resorts are really nice and I certainly like to use them.
I'm not interested.

She has let us use them, for free, in the past. We had a great vacation last year actually, in January. Got 10 days, for free, at Disney world. But I think she said she pays $3,000 a year in upkeep for her two timeshares with Wyndham and that's just way too much money for us.

I think because she doesn't use them she will be happy to just get rid of them.

I believe she is giving her Diamond resort timeshare back and paying $150. Something like that.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Calling the Ovations number is a good idea to gage what you can get for them. Getting three years of maintenance free usage is not a bad deal IMHO. When I am thinking about cashing out of the timeshare game, selling for 3x dues would not be a bad deal at all.

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
As @Sandi Bo suggested, it's easy to register online and get ALL THE FACTS (VIP Status, Points, where deeded, monthly dues, etc.) so you can make a fact-based decision.
If after ascertaining all the facts, you decide that it's not worth it to take over developer points purchased by your aunt with its attendant benefits as a family member, that would be a well-considered decision. It's not worth much in a resale market but if there's VIP status involved, it's worth inheriting if it makes sense to you. Just my 2 cents.