• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Questions about Island Park Village, ID

schenriq

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I had just made an offer to buy a 2BR fixed July week here and now have some trepidation. Here are my questions to the owners at Timbers at Island Park Village:
1. I called the front desk and inquired about any upcoming special assessment(s) and was told there's none. Is this true?

2. Checkin day: I was told, based on unit number on the ad, that I can only checkin on a Saturday and that my "fixed" unit is upstairs. I have no problem with stairs myself but this might be a factor when I'm renting it to someone with a bad knee on some years. Not a deal breaker though.

I actually like the fixed quality and that is the reason for this purchase. Dealing with Wyndham points and calling at exactly 8am (and the ensuing redial storm) on another property is a hassle.

3. I'm planning to use it on even years and on other years rent it out or exchange it. I know it exchanges well per my research but I'm not sure how easy it would be to rent it out in July.

4. Is there an internal trade within this very resort so that I can bank this fixed week and go sometime in September instead. Just gotta ask :D but not a deal breaker either.

Thanks in advance to the TUG braintrust.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own there, and use my week 29. That is a good week as it coincides with Pioneer Day (long weekend) in Utah. I have never asked about internal trades, but have used RCI (24 TPUs for 1 br) and Trading Places. In fact, I am in a TPI exchange right now at a Mayan Palace.

After the golf course and lot owners split from the condos and took the clubhouse, there has been some talk of building a new activities bldg & pool, but I am not close enough to it to know details. I don't go to Yellowstone to hang out at a resort. I suppose that might result in a SA, but don't know.

All in all, I like owning there.

Jim

schenriq

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Jim. I've read a lot of your posts during my IPV research and they're very informative. I think I'll push thru with this purchase. We might bump onto each other during your checkout :hi: if they allow early checkin.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Jerome, I've stayed at IPV as an exchanger through TPI. It was great! Owning a July week there would put you or your guests in the Park in prime Yellowstone season. I think you'd likely have no trouble renting it out, if the price was right. I'd rent it. :shrug:

Dave

schenriq

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jerome, I've stayed at IPV as an exchanger through TPI. It was great! Owning a July week there would put you or your guests in the Park in prime Yellowstone season. I think you'd likely have no trouble renting it out, if the price was right. I'd rent it. :shrug:

Dave

Dave, for you, I won't charge much above the MF :D but I have to close the transfer first. Hopefully, unit description is accurate but I trust them as I'm a repeat customer.

Before I got bitten by the timeshare bug, circa 2011 I think, we rented a house in Island Park via VRBO. It was in mid-July and we had a great week visiting Yellowstone daily. Yep IP's location is very convenient which is only bettered by West Yellowstone or staying inside the Park but for more $$.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Dave, for you, I won't charge much above the MF :D but I have to close the transfer first. Hopefully, unit description is accurate but I trust them as I'm a repeat customer.

Before I got bitten by the timeshare bug, circa 2011 I think, we rented a house in Island Park via VRBO. It was in mid-July and we had a great week visiting Yellowstone daily. Yep IP's location is very convenient which is only bettered by West Yellowstone or staying inside the Park but for more $$.

I agree it would be an easy rental. The location is great, and an easy drive to West Yellowstone. (Excellent breakfast at the Running Bear restaurant in West Yellowstone was unbeatable!)

I've been to Yellowstone lots, the last time was that exchange to IPV in 2013. We did a two-week trip, following the Yellowstone piece with a week east of the Park, seeing Custer's Little Bighorn Battlefield, Devil's Tower, Mt. Rushmore and the Black Hills, back through Cody, Wyoming, and ending with a final night at the Old Faithful Inn in Yellowstone. Awesome trip!

Dave

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The unit is tied to a specific unit however there are also floating weeks. If you ever had an issue I would call and see if there are any units that they can switch you into. I find that they do try and be flexible.

We went to Yellowstone the week after labor day this year and expected the crowds to be gone but it was so busy. This year we are going a week later and hope for less people

schenriq

TUG Member
Reaction score
The unit is tied to a specific unit however there are also floating weeks.

Thanks, this confirms what I was told by the front desk. That a fixed week is fixed to a specific unit. Now that I think about it, how do I confirm that it's indeed a fixed week that I'm buying? Is there a special wording on the deed? Was there an estoppel when you guys bought your unit(s)?

We went to Yellowstone the week after labor day this year and expected the crowds to be gone but it was so busy. This year we are going a week later and hope for less people

Still sounds fun even when you had lots of company. Can't wait to get back there :D

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Thanks, this confirms what I was told by the front desk. That a fixed week is fixed to a specific unit. Now that I think about it, how do I confirm that it's indeed a fixed week that I'm buying? Is there a special wording on the deed? Was there an estoppel when you guys bought your unit(s)?

Still sounds fun even when you had lots of company. Can't wait to get back there :D

Get permission from the seller to call Trading Places and inquire. When I gave away my unit, that's what we did. I just called and followed up with an email authorizing TPI to answer any questions about my unit posed by (whatever the guy's name was). If a seller refuses to do that, it would be a huge red flag for me.

If you're using a broker, you could get them to do the checking for you. I personally would prefer to do it myself, but that's just me.

My "purchaser" did his due diligence, then we used LT Transfers, think that's the exact name, to do the transfer process.

schenriq

TUG Member
Reaction score
Get permission from the seller to call Trading Places and inquire. When I gave away my unit, that's what we did. I just called and followed up with an email authorizing TPI to answer any questions about my unit posed by (whatever the guy's name was).
Thanks, Bev. I was told by the front desk at IPV to call TPI and ask for title services. Did just that and spoke with Warren, the very helpful gentleman at TPI title. He asked for the week# and the unit# and the block#. Luckily, those info are present on the listing so he was able to confirm that it's indeed a fixed red week. It's too easy to be true but I'm not complaining. Hopefully not ever :D