• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Questions about Hyatt's Waitlist

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
My Hyatt purchase has finally been done after waiting for more than three months. I would like to reserve a week for next summer at the Hyatt High Sierra Lodge but it doesn't seem to have any availability now. I put myself on the wait-list for any week between 27-31. What's the chance for me to get one of these weeks? How long do you think it will take? I'm afraid that if it takes too long, my points will become LCUP which I definitely try to avoid.
Also, Is it too early to wait-list for week 51-52 of 2009? It seems that online, it would only allow me to reserve Oct 2009 or before.
Finally, is it possible that I tell Hyatt I will use my own week during HRPP, wait-list for something else, then cancel my own week if the wait-list comes through or if I see something online that I would like to reserve before the end of CUP period ? If so, is there additional charge for canceling my own usage week?
Thanks all for your help. I still have tons to learn. ;)

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lisa - Your HRPP week (or portion thereof) is a unique reservation. If you take no action it will be released to the Club and there will be little if any chance to get it back once released. However, IF it has not be taken by another Club member you might have a chance to get it.

One way to preserve your options is the reserve the HRPP week then keep looking for another CUP reservation. If something becomes available, cancel your HRPP week and confirm the CUP reservation. The problem with online waitlisting is you will not get confirmed because of lack of available points. Your point balance will only be restored AFTER you cancel your HRPP week. Thus the CUP reservation would have to be done ad-hoc verbally. You cannot benefit from a long-term placement on the wait list.

The best way to work the system is to have lots of points where the HRPP weeks are staggered by a few months. That way you can reserve and cancel and still have a workable balance.

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Thanks Kal. You understood my questions and gave very helpful answer.