• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Questions about board/owners association - Hyatt Kaanapali

eddeeeee

Reaction score
Is there any way to find out what items/issues/etc are being handled/discussed by the board/owners association? I've been an owner (resale) for a bit over a year and have only ever received the proxy request and the annual assessment breakdown. The HOA where I live has weekly updates on things that are occurring. I'm sure there are far fewer issues running a timeshare, but I would like to be somewhat aware of what is going on. Or, because it is still run by the developer, are we just supposed to be happy and not ask questions? I do not currently have any concerns nor do I think anything is being hidden, just curious.

PerryKing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYATT: Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Bonita Springs, and 2X Dorado Puerto Rico.
-##-
MEXICO: Crown Paradise, Royal Holiday Club, Vidanta Mayan Palace, and Vidanta "Kingdom of the Sun-Nuevo Vallarta at Vidanta World.
Hi. You can always just call the Resort Manager and ask all your questions. I'm sure he will respond to your inquries. Also if you stay there they have an owners update meeting once a week where they discuss the property issues. BUT be carefull that you do not attend another type meeting of Owners , that is actualy a sales meeting. (Unless that's what your intersted in). I forget what they call that one exactly. But its a similar name. So beware, that you get to the correct meeting. I was at the Hyatt Maui club this last November.

Also several of the HRC properties that I own have owners web sites where they might have property information. These sites usually start out with good intentions but don't allways get updated very often in the long run. If they do not have such a site, maybe suggest that they start one for the benifit of all the owners.

SO, Your Best Bet I think would be to just call the Hyatt Ka a'napali directly and ask for the RESORT MANAGER, Introduce your self, and ask your questions.

Also, depending on the sales percentage of units , im guessing there should be some owners actualy on the board by now, but I'm not sure, if there are Owner Board members, get their contact infomation and give one of them a call. There are only about 15 Hyatt Residence Clubs, and at the club level I have always found the local staffs and Resort Managers to be very responsive to the Owner / Members and realy do care about your concerns.

For ll of the properties I own in the HRC, when the notices of the Board meeting for the approval of the next years budget arrives, it has always come with a letter of explination of issues and update about effect of those issues on the new budget. I guess your saying there was no such letter of explination sent with your proposed budget notice then this year ? Did they state that they might be holding the Board meeting via on line streaming this year and explain how all could watch and participate ? Several of my HRC properties are doing that this year.

If do you callthe resort directly , then please Let me know how that works out for you.

Perry
Denver Colorado

Last edited:

eddeeeee

Reaction score
Hi. You can always just call the Resort Manager and ask all your questions. I'm sure he will respond to your inquries. Also if you stay there they have an owners update meeting once a week where they discuss the property issues. BUT be carefull that you do not attend another type meeting of Owners , that is actualy a sales meeting. (Unless that's what your intersted in). I forget what they call that one exactly. But its a similar name. So beware, that you get to the correct meeting. I was at the Hyatt Maui club this last November.

Also several of the HRC properties that I own have owners web sites where they might have property information. These sites usually start out with good intentions but don't allways get updated very often in the long run. If they do not have such a site, maybe suggest that they start one for the benifit of all the owners.

SO, Your Best Bet I think would be to just call the Hyatt Ka a'napali directly and ask for the RESORT MANAGER, Introduce your self, and ask your questions.

Also, depending on the sales percentage of units , im guessing there should be some owners actualy on the board by now, but I'm not sure, if there are Owner Board members, get their contact infomation and give one of them a call. There are only about 15 Hyatt Residence Clubs, and at the club level I have always found the local staffs and Resort Managers to be very responsive to the Owner / Members and realy do care about your concerns.

For ll of the properties I own in the HRC, when the notices of the Board meeting for the approval of the next years budget arrives, it has always come with a letter of explination of issues and update about effect of those issues on the new budget. I guess your saying there was no such letter of explination sent with your proposed budget notice then this year ? Did they state that they might be holding the Board meeting via on line streaming this year and explain how all could watch and participate ? Several of my HRC properties are doing that this year.

If do you callthe resort directly , then please Let me know how that works out for you.

Perry
Denver Colorado
Thank you for your suggestions. My proxy letter said an agenda was included, but none was. There was no mention of streaming the meeting. I tried emailing the contact on the proxy and have had no response. I will look to attend an owners meeting on my next visit in May, should travel be 'fun' and not miserable at that time. I will also call the resort manager next week. Have a good weekend and enjoy the snow. ( I live in Denver too and hope it puts the fires to rest for the year.)

eddeeeee

Reaction score
I called and received a copy of the newsletter today. She is also going to look into why I did not receive a meeting agenda and forward a copy to me if there is one. Thanks for your suggestion.

PerryKing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYATT: Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Bonita Springs, and 2X Dorado Puerto Rico.
-##-
MEXICO: Crown Paradise, Royal Holiday Club, Vidanta Mayan Palace, and Vidanta "Kingdom of the Sun-Nuevo Vallarta at Vidanta World.
thanks ! Mahalo and Aloha !! from ARVADA CO - West Woods Ranch .