• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

question re kierland villas staroptions

stevenjill

Reaction score
hi i will be purchasing my first timeshare at the westin kierland villas and a very very cheap price from a timeshare reseller however the reseller has told me that the staroptions will not transfer and i am under the impression they will. is there any reason why staroptions won't transfer, that is the only reason i am purchasing

Bill4728

Reaction score
All the TS at Kierland are, what we here on TUG call, mandatory. This means that all the week at Kierland must be in SVN. So every week at Kierland will receive StarOptions.

This info is only true for mandatory resorts and mandatory phases at resorts which have both mandatory & voluntary phases.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Welcome! For a good introduction to how Starwood works, see the FAQ at the top of the page.

clsmit

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ, HRA, WKORV, WMH, SBP, WLR
FWIW, at an "owners update" at SVV this Thanksgiving, the sales manager used the terms voluntary and mandatory. So it might be part of the SVO terminology, too. James, any insight?

Captron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVRx3 SBP Worldmark
Steven,

Just nod and take your savings to the bank. The "mandatory" often sell for much more so you may be getting an even better deal than you thought!:banana: