• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Question re bidding on car for Orlando on Priceline.com

Diane

TUG Member
Reaction score
I need to pick up a car (full size) at MCO on Oct 25 for two weeks. Can any TUGGER can tell me if there is any kind of pattern for winning bids on Priceline as the pick up date approaches?

I am seeing auto rates on Hotwire and Travelocity increase as the date gets closer and have not had any success on Priceline. This is not what I would expect.

Thanks,

Diane

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
With any car rental, I think it totally depends on availability. Car rental agencies give Priceline inventory that they think they won't be able to rent themselves. With holiday weeks I see prices going up closer to the date - with off-season, slow travel weeks, I see prices going down as it gets closer.

Diane

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Denise. That makes a lot of sense.

I ended up making a reservation today directly with Alamo using a $20 Entertainment Book code. Alamo's website had a lower rate than shown on Hotwire and was below where Priceline would be if I increased my bid there.

Diane

Last edited:

falmouth3

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Keep your eye on prices. If you continue to have a good deal on the car rental, then you have a lock on the price. If they go down, cancel your reservation and make another at the lesser price.

Sue

BM243923

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort-Weeks 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9
Check Coscto pricing. They offer 25% off discount plus do not charge for extra driver. I have booked with Alamo, but will continue to check if price goes less since I do not go till Feb 20, 2009

Kenrabs

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I booked originally through alamo for a midsize for Oct 12th weekly rental. Using priceline I got it for a little cheaper $14 a day with Avis. Saved $10. Keep trying and you should beat your alamo price.

readyalready

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're arriving in FL that day too and I found Dollar's minivan rates to be much lower than Alamo using the FL rates from mousesavers. KISS2 gets a full size for $435 including taxes for two weeks starting the 25th, don't know how that compares...

Last edited:

Diane

TUG Member
Reaction score
You got a great rate. Dollar is quoting me $434.74 for the same two weeks for a full size car. With Alamo and the Entertainment Card discount I am now at $343.08 for the same two weeks, full size. As suggested, will keep checking.

Diane

readyalready

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also try Budget with the entertainment code and coupon, I couldn't get the coupon to work but it should have been 243 plus taxes.

Diane

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Tried all the suggestions. Just bid on Priceline.com for the last time and it looks like the best rate is Alamo with the Entertainment card coupon. A total of $333.72 for full two weeks. Am going with that.

Diane