• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Question Re Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge in Toronto

travel bug

TUG Member
Reaction score
We fly from Saskatoon to Toronto with Air Canada. We have an 8 hour layover and then depart with a different airline to Portugal. Was wondering if I could purchase lounge passes to use when we're in the airport. It said you needed to show your boarding pass however all we will have is our stubb showing we flew into the Toronto airport on that day?? Does the lounge only work for situations when you have time in between Air Canada flights? Thanks.

kennedy

Reaction score
I think that you should be able to buy yourself into the lounge. However, the only time that I tried was when I was connecting from an Air Canada filight to another Air Canada flight. However, I do think that having your boarding pass stub should be sufficient. I think the cost is $25 per person.

GregGH

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello

we have this card (that we got on a great deal that is long longer offered ) but have meet others who pay the price and find it helpful - also a nice way to see some of the lounges .... http://www.prioritypass.com/

If you are flying from terminal three for your overseas you might look at the KLM or American lounge day pass (both members of priority pass )

8 Hour layover ... ugh

Greg

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Travel bug

You might also want to ask the question over at flyertalk air canada forum.

You can buy the lounge access for $25 or $30 for your depature / connection if you are not travelling on Tango fare but Tango plus or hight but not sure if it works after your ac destination. If you are doing this before end of Feb, there is also a slight chance someone might have some spare mll passes to give away

travel bug

TUG Member
Reaction score
Re Air Canada Lounge

After checking into the passes I'm not really sure that we'd be able to use them in the airport give that we are not connecting with an Air Canada flight. Rather than possibly waste money on purchasing pases ahead of time they may not accept - I'm going to take the advice and try to buy our way into the lounge once we get there. Don't have much to lose and it might work. Thanks for those Tuggers that offered their input.

WestCoastJ

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you're not connecting to an Air Canada flight, you will not be able to use the A/C lounge. The new terminal 1 is pretty nice, lots of shops and restaurants. I would suggest that you think about getting a day pass to one of the airport hotels - not sure of the cost but that might work better for you.

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
I've never heard of a day pass to a hotel. Would you mind telling me what you know regarding these? Thanks.

Most hotels have 'day rates' especially those near the airport...rates are pretty good compared to overnight, and might also include shuttle service.

Brian

travel bug

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe there is a hotel attached to the airport in Toronto. What services or benefits would you receive for your day pass? I could think of using the pool - is there anything else? Thanks for the info.

SteveH

TUG Member
Reaction score
A relatively inexpensive option for YYZ would be to bid for one night on Priceline. Of course your arrival time into Toronto would need to be 11am or later for most check-ins. You can usually snag a 3 star between $25- $35. Check out biddingfortravel.com for recent successful bids.
Steve