• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Question on first time trading a Hilton managed property

anneww

TUG Member
Reaction score
We've owned two weeks at the Charter Club on Marco Island since 2007, and we've gone every year since. We bought both weeks for a really good price thanks to the great advice here on TUG.
We won't be going this November and have rented out one of the weeks. We'd like to trade the other week for a vacation in 2022. Also, we are members of HGVC and have used Open Season in the past. We're most interested in a ski vacation in Park City or Breckenridge, Jan-Mar., or a week in Hawaii in April. We could add to the Hawaii trip with Open Season since we'll be traveling from the east coast. I just want to make sure that I do the trade right and not miss anything. Thanks!

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
We're most interested in a ski vacation in Park City or Breckenridge, Jan-Mar., or a week in Hawaii in April.
How many points are we talking about and what size room do you want to rent?

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Jan to Mar in Breck will be harder. Hawaii will be easy on the Big Island but less so on Oahu. Depends when you want to go. Depends when Easter is that year as well. April is usually ok unless it is a late easter.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
CORRECTED:
If that 2020 week is enrolled in HGVC and you cancel it's annual booking, then
the HGVC points should show up in your account online for use in 2020.

You can Save the points for a 2021 stay, but not for 2022. That's a bridge too far.
The only way to use 2020 points for a stay in 2022 is to book thru the RCI portal.

Alternatively:
You could cancel a 2021 week, and save those points to 2022

Last edited:

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I agree with @Sandy VDH completely. Since I do follow both ski resorts, I will say that you can find availability at either if you are patient/flexible. I will say that first or second full weeks in January seem to be the easiest to find. Park City has slightly more availability (IMO). I have picked up club booking at both locations for next year.

dvc_john

TUG Member
Reaction score
A basic primer for affiliates:
If that week is enrolled in HGVC and you cancelled it's annual booking,
then the points should show up in your account online for use in 2021.

The points will need to be Saved to 2022 to be used for a stay in 2022.
If booking thru the RCI portal, you don't need to Save.

I read OP's post as they have 2 November 2020 weeks, and have rented one of them out. And they want to use the other for 2022.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if they cancel a Nov 2020 reservation, wouldn't the points go into 2020. Then save would only save them to 2021. ???

Last edited:

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I read OP's post as they have 2 November 2020 weeks, and have rented one of them out. And they want to use the other for 2022.

Wait. What year is this? Still 2020? -- I'll correct my post.
There's no way for them to use 2020 points for 2022, except thru RCI.
Or, they could wait, cancel their 2021 week, and save the points to 2022.

Last edited:

jscboston

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Sunrise (Park City UT), The District by Hilton Club (DC), HGVC Flamingo (Las Vegas, baby!)
I have been to Sunrise Lodge at Park City several times, and own HGVC weeks there and also in Vegas. For 1BR and 2 BR units I have only been able to book PC using my Park City Home Weeks. None left when the 9 month booking window opens for non PC owners. However, I’ve had pretty good luck booking Studio units at PC using my Vegas points once the 9 month window opens.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
For 1BR and 2 BR units I have only been able to book PC using my Park City Home Weeks. None left when the 9 month booking window opens for non PC owners.

Ummm, I scored a 1BR at Park City for mid-December, which I made
as a club booking ~8 mos.+1 wk. before (mid-April). Just lucky, I guess.

anneww

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the replies on the HGVC ski resorts and Hawaii! It's all really helpful! Our weeks at The Charter Club of Marco Beach are worth 5,000 pts/week. Not surprised to see that Park City would be easier to book than Breckenridge. I noticed this past winter that open season had some availability at Park City compared to very little at Breckenridge. The last time we went to Park City (rented a condo) we stayed the first week of January which was a good time to go crowd wise. Good to know that the studios are easier to book too. Ideally, we would need a one bedroom unit.
If we can trade the 2020 points into RCI for 2022, what are the chances of getting a one bedroom unit out west at a ski resort? We'll have the EPIC local ski pass (NH & VT) that year, but would happily go to Steamboat even though they're on the IKON pass.

There are a lot of great options for units in Hawaii on the Big Island, so we'll look forward to booking that trip in the next few years.

Thanks again!