• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

question on billing for new resale owner

Tim47

Reaction score
I bought a new resale contract for 154,000 points. This month is first month i will make a payment. On the billing page it says amount owed $16.25 and total due amount $93.68. The $16.25 looks like it is the program charge with plus partners. I thought resale contracts were not eligible for plus partners only without plus partners. Do you have a choice? The property is grand desert tower 1 which the maintenance fees found here is $5.41 per thousand. It looks like they charged $6.00 per thousand. Is there anything I'm missing? Thanks.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Your monthly payment about should be $84.01 if you don't own any other contracts. If you own other contracts and altogether they don't total more than 258,000 points you're still paying the $175 minimum program fee instead of $0.68 per thousand points.

154 x $5.41=$833.14 + $175 (minimum program fee) = $1008.14 divided by 12 = $84.01

The other amount is likely for Perks. Iirc that was on everyone's Paymentus account after the change over to Paymentus. You'll need to call to get it removed.

Tim47

Reaction score
Your monthly payment about should be $84.01 if you don't own any other contracts. If you own other contracts and altogether they don't total more than 258,000 points you're still paying the $175 minimum program fee instead of $0.68 per thousand points.

154 x $5.41=$833.14 + $175 (minimum program fee) = $1008.14 divided by 12 = $84.01

The other amount is likely for Perks. Iirc that was on everyone's Paymentus account after the change over to Paymentus. You'll need to call to get it removed.
Thanks for the reply. I'll give them a call.

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
I think I have a similar problem as a new resale owner. What exactly is that “perks” thing and what do I say to remove it?

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
I think I have a similar problem as a new resale owner. What exactly is that “perks” thing and what do I say to remove it?
It's discounts and offers you can get on many sites for free. It's meh. If you bought developer it's free.

Tell them that you never asked for it and don't want it. They'll take it off but I don't know if they'll refund previous months payments. However they might and should.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Sorry, my bad. Perks is now called Vacation Sidekick.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert

Regarding Vacation Sidekick, as a resale owner it was never put on my Paymentus account because resale owners don't get it. So I wouldn't expect that's it in this case.

Tim47

Reaction score
I bought a new resale contract for 154,000 points. This month is first month i will make a payment. On the billing page it says amount owed $16.25 and total due amount $93.68. The $16.25 looks like it is the program charge with plus partners. I thought resale contracts were not eligible for plus partners only without plus partners. Do you have a choice? The property is grand desert tower 1 which the maintenance fees found here is $5.41 per thousand. It looks like they charged $6.00 per thousand. Is there anything I'm missing? Thanks.
Just a follow up. Called finance to see why monthly payments seemed higher. The difference was they charge an $8.00 fee if you are did not set on autopay. He said he has never seen the program fee less than $16.25. So I was charged the correct maintenance fee and there weren't any add on items.

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
Alright, so see if anyone can make heads or tails of this, I've been a member since February (and I've got it on autopay so the $8 thing shouldn't be impacting). 252,000 points at Bonnet Creek:
$16.25 amount owed, total due $159.26
$159.26*12 = 1,911.12 annual minus $175 program fee = $1,736.12 annual. $1,736.12 / 252 = $6.89 per thousand. That seems... slightly high? I can't find an updated amount for what bonnet creek should be on the maintenance fee chart, but I was expecting something less than that based on it being listed at $6.37 last year. Am I miscalculating something somewhere?

Edit: Also, what the heck does $16.25 Payment Amount / $159.26 total due amount actually mean? What is that $16.25?

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Alright, so see if anyone can make heads or tails of this, I've been a member since February (and I've got it on autopay so the $8 thing shouldn't be impacting). 252,000 points at Bonnet Creek:
$16.25 amount owed, total due $159.26
$159.26*12 = 1,911.12 annual minus $175 program fee = $1,736.12 annual. $1,736.12 / 252 = $6.89 per thousand. That seems... slightly high? I can't find an updated amount for what bonnet creek should be on the maintenance fee chart, but I was expecting something less than that based on it being listed at $6.37 last year. Am I miscalculating something somewhere?

Edit: Also, what the heck does $16.25 Payment Amount / $159.26 total due amount actually mean? What is that $16.25?
According to this post (but do the math yourself because he missed the reserve fund in his calculation), Bonnet Creek is $6.81 before adding the program fee. Which given your math, leads me to believe that Wyndham is charging you the Plus Partners program fee and not the non-Plus Partners program fee.

I would call Wyndham to dispute this, and just to be cheeky, if it were me I'd initially approach it from the angle of "Since you're charging me for PlusPartners, please add PlusPartners to my account." I mean, there's a non-zero (though probably close to zero) chance it might work, and I'd pay $20 per year for it. Then I'd concede that an equally acceptable solution is that they charge me the non-PlusPartners program fee instead.

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
According to this post (but do the math yourself because he missed the reserve fund in his calculation), Bonnet Creek is $6.81 before adding the program fee. Which given your math, leads me to believe that Wyndham is charging you the Plus Partners program fee and not the non-Plus Partners program fee.

I would call Wyndham to dispute this, and just to be cheeky, if it were me I'd initially approach it from the angle of "Since you're charging me for PlusPartners, please add PlusPartners to my account." I mean, there's a non-zero (though probably close to zero) chance it might work, and I'd pay $20 per year for it. Then I'd concede that an equally acceptable solution is that they charge me the non-PlusPartners program fee instead.
Yeah, I think the math works out exactly if the program fee I am getting charged is $195 and not $175. What exactly is plus partners?

Edit: I see it lets you use your points for booking things, but the only points chart I can find (theme park tickets) looks awful. 49,000 for a day ticket to Walt Disney World in mid-season? At $6.89/k that’s over $300 in annual dues for a ticket that normally costs around $110. Is there anything that plus partners is actually useful for?

Last edited:

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Yeah, I think the math works out exactly if the program fee I am getting charged is $195 and not $175. What exactly is plus partners?

Edit: I see it lets you use your points for booking things, but the only points chart I can find (theme park tickets) looks awful. 49,000 for a day ticket to Walt Disney World in mid-season? At $6.89/k that’s over $300 in annual dues for a ticket that normally costs around $110. Is there anything that plus partners is actually useful for?

It gives you RCI Nightly stays. As a resale owner, you can only book full weeks with RCI. The exception being those few resorts where they have multiple entries in RCI but each entry is for a different number of days. So for example they may have Funtimes resort and Funtimes resort 3 days. The latter obviously means it’s a three day reservation. With RCI nightly stays, you can book 1 to 14 nights at resorts that participate in nightly stays. The booking fee is also cheaper. A one night reservation is $59 plus points. As a resale owner, even if you only needed one night, you’d still have to book a week. It gives you another vacation option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It gives you RCI Nightly stays. As a resale owner, you can only book full weeks with RCI. The exception being those few resorts where they have multiple entries in RCI but each entry is for a different number of days. So for example they may have Funtimes resort and Funtimes resort 3 days. The latter obviously means it’s a three day reservation. With RCI nightly stays, you can book 1 to 14 nights at resorts that participate in nightly stays. The booking fee is also cheaper. A one night reservation is $59 plus points. As a resale owner, even if you only needed one night, you’d still have to book a week. It gives you another vacation option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So, I know this is from a few months ago, but I haven’t bothered to call to dispute the extra plus partners charge yet, and I just noticed this on my account:

IMG_1023.png

Does that mean I have “plus partners?”

Last edited:

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
So, I know this is from a few months ago, but I haven’t bothered to call to dispute the extra plus partners charge yet, and I just noticed this on my account:

View attachment 78980

Does that mean I have “plus partners?”
I couldn't swear to it, given all the issues the website has, but it looks like you do.

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I couldn't swear to it, given all the issues the website has, but it looks like you do.
I guess I’m going to have to figure out how to use it then.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
You don't really have to do anything. If you have it, you have access to Points inventory in your Wyndham RCI Portal. It will just be there. You might try confirming if you do or do not see it next time someone posts non-trivial Points inventory in the Sightings board.

Nothing else in Plus Partners has any value, IMO, and it can all be safely ignored.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I guess I’m going to have to figure out how to use it then.
Don't use it for anything other then RCI nightly stays. Using your points for airfare and car rentals is a poor conversion rate. You're better off finding some friends and family who want a cheap vacation and charging them $5 per 1,0000 points used. That might be less then your maintenance fees you paid on those points, but it's a better return then using your points to pay for airfare or car rentals.