• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Question on a Vegas Show

Purseval

Reaction score
I went to BestofVegas.com to book a show at the Flamingo and all it gives is categories like Golden Circle, main floor special (which is what i wanted), main floor and balcony. If you choose a category they don't give you the seat numbers, only the category. Is it general admission by category, first come first served, or do they assign you seats after you buy? I'd rather not pay the kind of money they are asking only to find out I have nosebleed seats.

itradehilton

TUG Member
Reaction score
When we got tickets they assigned the seats when we picked up the tickets the day of the show and it was first come - first seat. It was a small theater and the seats were great.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just by chance if you are staying at the same hotel as the show, in this case The Flamingo, the hotel usually puts aside very good tickets for its guests.

Purseval

Reaction score
This time I'm staying across the street at Ballys. They had a special going on $56 dollars a night for their $139 tower rooms plus 2 buffet vouchers (good at Paris, Rio Carnival or the Spice Market at Planet Hollywood) worth $56 for each day you stay. That was too good to pass up.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
There really aren't bad seats at the Las Vegas venues. The theaters are not that big- except the huge arenas. I have never seen a theatergoer with a nosebleed. That said, there are good seats and there are GOOD seats. Be at the box office a little early.

Jim

Purseval

Reaction score
We bought 2 tickets today for a show on a Wednesday. We arrive in Vegas on a Monday afternoon so I'm going to wander over to the Flamingo box office at 10am on Tuesday and see what the line is like. Then I'll decide how early I want to show up on Wednesday. I hate sitting in the back, even in a small venue, so it's worth it to me to get in line early for a chance the best view possible at our price range. Thanks for the advice :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
You should follow their rules and regulation. when my friend visited to vegas, they caught him and throw him out of a hotel due to his mischievous behavior.

Purseval

Reaction score
You should follow their rules and regulation. when my friend visited to vegas, they caught him and throw him out of a hotel due to his mischievous behavior.

I don't have the slightest idea what point you're trying to make. Perhaps you replied to this thread thinking you were on another one?

itradehilton

TUG Member
Reaction score
johnnyfreud786 seems to have some very random thoughts that apply to nothing.

Anyhow, did you find it easy to get your tickets? also did you get good seats?

Purseval

Reaction score
Anyhow, did you find it easy to get your tickets? also did you get good seats?
We got our tickets at a 20% discount, which was the best we could find. seats aren't assigned until the day of the show when you pick them up so we won't know that until Feb. 15. But I will let you know and also let you know how the lines are when the box office opens.

Our last visit to Vegas we got Phantom of the Opera tickets at a fabulous price thanks to a tip from this board :cheer: Those seats were assigned at the time we bought them and the lady even let us choose between a couple of different views. So whether or not your seats are assigned depends on the venue.

blakebr

TUG Member
Reaction score
You may also want to check tix4tonight on-line, and at the kiosks when you are in Las Vegas. You can save 50% off of show tickets. We love Las Vegas. We have been there only 15+ times.

Purseval

Reaction score
We finally went to see Donny and Marie at the Flamingo showroom. I thought the box office opened at 10am but it must have been 9am because I walked in at 9:30 and it was already open. In spite of not being there when it opened we got seats in the first row of the table section. The only people who had better seats were in the Golden Circle section. That was the good news.

The bad news is how they arrange the seating. All the tables are at a right angle to the stage. So if you are at a table with someone sitting to your right not only do you have to look over your shoulder to see the show you also have to peer around your neighbor. My wife has a sore shoulder that she blames on 90 minutes of having her neck turned at this odd angle.

The show itself was very nice and although we really didn't scope out what was behind us it doesn't look like there is really a bad seat in the house, except for the oddball way they make you watch the stage.

They also have a "live entertainment" tax added on to the price of anything you buy at the show. You have to admire the creativity of the politicians who keep figuring out different ways to pick your pocket.

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
That seating arrangement is fairly common here if there are tables. What we locals generally do is turn our chairs 90º when the show starts, so we are facing the stage. Leastways, that's what *I* do...

Fern

Purseval

Reaction score
That seating arrangement is fairly common here if there are tables. What we locals generally do is turn our chairs 90º when the show starts, so we are facing the stage. Leastways, that's what *I* do...

Fern

I didn't see anyone in my line of sight doing that, probably because there were 4 to a table and unless everyone knew each other whoever tried to rotate would end up blocking someone else.

itradehilton

TUG Member
Reaction score
Purseval;1248109 They also have a "live entertainment" tax added on to the price of anything you buy at the show. You have to admire the creativity of the politicians who keep figuring out different ways to pick your pocket.[/QUOTE said:
What next, a tax if you want to sit down?