• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

question for selling timeshare

yumdrey

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am selling one of my TS and got contact from closing company (buyer chose this company) yesterday. Closing company sent me couple forms I need to sign, but I have a question before I fax them to closing co.
They sent me,
1) Purchase and Sale Agreement
2) Resort Release and Attorney Permission to Prepare form

I am wondering if attorney permission is same as power of attorney? In TUG BBS, I have read many thread about pcc and their power of attorney form, so I am afraid that if this attorney permission is the same one.
Thank you in advance!

aliikai2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not being able to see the form

My guess it is the authorization for an estopple letter to the resort to verify your ownership etc.

What does it say?

Greg
Hi all,
I am selling one of my TS and got contact from closing company (buyer chose this company) yesterday. Closing company sent me couple forms I need to sign, but I have a question before I fax them to closing co.
They sent me,
1) Purchase and Sale Agreement
2) Resort Release and Attorney Permission to Prepare form

I am wondering if attorney permission is same as power of attorney? In TUG BBS, I have read many thread about pcc and their power of attorney form, so I am afraid that if this attorney permission is the same one.
Thank you in advance!

yumdrey

TUG Member
Reaction score
It says :
"Request to Represent
Please be advised that during the process of closing your purchase or transfer certain legal issues may be arise. (closing company's name) is not authorized to practice law, therefore, it has retained the firm of Mxxx, Exxx & Sxxx, PLLC to handle and resolve any legal issues which need to be resolved relative to your closing, including preparation of your Deed. This may generate fees to you from Mxxx, Exxx & Sxxx if their legal services are required to complete your sale/purchase/transfer."

Does this look like power of attorney? It is the first time selling for me, so I want to make sure if it is safe to sign and fax. Thanks!

Last edited:

Bill4728

Reaction score
It doesn't look like a POA to me.

It looks to me that the closing companies want you to know that the fee you will be charged could change if they need the advice of the attorney.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I agree that its merely a "we may need legal asistance" acknowledgement and not terribly significant. However, I might insert a clause to this effect: "Any such fees shall be limited to ordinary, reasonable and necessary closing services, unless otherwise agreed in writing."

Last edited:

richardm

TUG Member
Reaction score
A few closing agents use local attorneys for deed prep..

There are many closing agents that simply charge a standard escrow fee, then farm out the deed prep and recording to a local attorney. Normally they will have already negotiated a standard fee for attorney's service, which is included in their quote to you.

This document most likely refers to additional seller related costs that may apply such as the preparation of an affidavit of death, lien releases, etc.

Talk to your closing agent and get an idea of what documents may specifically may be required for your sale.. The "reasonable" clause recommendation sounds a bit soft to me, as no definition of "reasonable" would be attached to the document so I would assume it would be deemed too vague to hold much legal weight. If it makes you feel more comfortable- then by all means go ahead.

It worries me a little that your closing company is the one sending you the purchase and sale agreement, however? It seems a little inconsistent that they worry about the illegal practice of law as it relates to deed prep- but are comfortable with creating a legal contract between two parties...

If you find you are truly uncomfortable with the choice of closing agent, you can always offer to pay the costs and use your own choice if your buyer agrees.

Good luck and congrats on your sale!

yumdrey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you!

I checked the contract and it says all the closing cost should be paid by buyer. It made me feel better :)
So I signed and faxed it.
Thank you all for sharing your thoughts!