• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Question: Blue Tree Resort at Lake Buena Vista??

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
My sisters and I are going to Florida during "Mardi Gras-2017":whoopie: and we will be staying at my youngest sisters friends timeshare.

Since I'm the only one who has a TS, they are asking me all kinds of questions that I can't answer. So maybe Owners can help or anyone who has stayed here.

Blue Tree Resort at Lake Buena Vista
12007 Cypress Run Dr.
Orlando,Fl

The one most is where is it located(next to)??
Is this a nice resort??
What is the Pine(I believe this is the Building location- That's where her friend owns)?
Are there going to be extra fees(Parking,Check-in fees, House Keeping)??
Is there Resort transportation to any of the "Theme Parks" and is there a fee.
Are there restaurants near by(walking distance)??

Goggle Maps shows : Westgate Blue Trees Resort and next to it shows Blue Tree Resort - so which is which???
TIA :hi:

maggiesmom

Last edited:

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you were going to New Orleans or most any other place in La. ... I would be asking about local festival activities .. re: Mardi Grais.... not sure this resort is 'themed' in the style of this festival.

Orlando? That world is centered around THE RODENT (ie mouse).

Others will have to answer about this individual resort in Orlando.

Last edited:

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
I didn't say anything about New Orleans , I was asking about a resort in Orlando. I will change the subject title.

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott's Shadow Ridge Enclaves
Resort In Cocoa Beach, FL
I used to own there, but have not stayed in some time. The location is great for Disney and very close to restaurants. It's only a few blocks from the Crossing. I would rate this place a 6.5 out of 10 even if the units have been updated. The resort is kind of small. There are two different managements for Blue Tree. One part is managed by Westgate. That's not where I owned. They had a different check in area. I do recall some on site activities. No fees for parking or wifi, unless that has changed. Maybe someone else can add more information.

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you looked at their website. I believe they are showing that the resort have been refurbish.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Looks like it is located behind the Giordano's that is on Apopka Vineland Rd (535). Plenty of restaurants close by and also very close to the Crossroads, where there are more restaurants than you can probably count.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks like it is located behind the Giordano's that is on Apopka Vineland Rd (535). Plenty of restaurants close by and also very close to the Crossroads, where there are more restaurants than you can probably count.

It is directly across from DRI Cypress Pointe Resort.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
My sisters and I are going to Florida during "Mardi Gras-2017":whoopie: and we will be staying at my youngest sisters friends timeshare.

Since I'm the only one who has a TS, they are asking me all kinds of questions that I can't answer. So maybe Owners can help or anyone who has stayed here.

12007 Cypress Run Dr.
Orlando,Fl

The one most is where is it located(next to)??
Is this a nice resort??
What is the Pine(I believe this is the Building location- That's where her friend owns)?
Are there going to be extra fees(Parking,Check-in fees, House Keeping)??
Is there Resort transportation to any of the "Theme Parks" and is there a fee.
Are there restaurants near by(walking distance)??

Goggle Maps shows : Westgate Blue Trees Resort and next to it shows Blue Tree Resort - so which is which???
TIA :hi:

maggiesmom
Timeshare Users Group

Ratings And Reviews

Sort
10/23/2015

Great Resort Near Disney World
Room / Unit: 12-336
Bedrooms: TwoKitchen: FullLaundry: In Room
Deck / Balcony: YesInternet: Free - In RoomConvenience Store: On Site
Parking: On-Site FreeUnexpected Visitor Fees: NoInterval Type: Owner
JAN
Units was in a POA building, NOT a Westgate building.

Blue Tree Resort offers a location a few blocks away from Disney’s entrance on route 535 in Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, Florida. There are eateries and shops close by. The resort sprawls over a generous 16 acres of property which has 18 separate condominium buildings of various shapes and sizes – none more than 3 stories. Upgrades and maintenance on these buildings has been impressive over the past 10 years. The grounds are well kept. On the fenced-in property there are four outdoor pools, three of which are heated. There are also several BBQ grills, a volleyball court, basketball and tennis courts, two jacuzzis, a fitness center, a game room, a horseshoe pit, 3 elevators serving many of the two-bedroom executive units, fountains, play areas, a small miniature golf course, a small grocery/gift/attraction ticket space, a check-in area with computers/printer, a meeting room, and the office for the activity director. All units received new windows in 2011 and the Property Owners Association completed the painting of the outside of their buildings. Most units now have new granite counter tops in the kitchens, flat screen TVs and DVDs. Wi-Fi is available in all units free of charge and a new system has operated well for almost 2 years now. Many units have a washer and dryer, but for those which do not, there is a generous laundry on-site/indoors. Building 12 has them. The Blue Tree POA is in the final stages of putting in new sliding glass doors. They also redid Pool #2 with new pavers and interactive sprayers in the kiddie pool. They do continuous refurbishments of the units. A decorative fence as been recently added around the front perimeter of the property. All buildings have been re-roofed in the past several years with clay tiles. New stainless steel appliances have been placed in units.

Upon entering the property, take your first right turn a go straight to the check-in building. Check-in time is at 4 pm and check-out time is at 10 am.

Much more information and pictures may be found at bluetreeowners . org

Reservations typically to be in 7-night intervals, and typically run from either Saturday to Saturday, or Sunday to Sunday. Owners may rent by the day, and there is a reduced price program for owners who wish to come during the off-seasons. If multiple weeks are reserved, you will receive a separate confirmation for each 7-day period, and a cleaning with new linens and towels will be done after each 7-night period.

I found this in TUG reviews

Silentg

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
For the latest information just check the Blue Tree Resort website and TripAdvisor website.

Last edited:

nkldavy

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The POA buildings and the developer buildings are on the same piece of land. Recently the POA, by agreement, has taken over the management of the developer (Westgate) buildings, and the seat on the Board that Westgate had will be filled, I am told, by an owner.
Uncle Davey

Maple_Leaf

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
The POA buildings and the developer buildings are on the same piece of land. Recently the POA, by agreement, has taken over the management of the developer (Westgate) buildings, and the seat on the Board that Westgate had will be filled, I am told, by an owner.
Uncle Davey
So Wastegate is gone from both resort management and the Board?

nkldavy

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
That is what I was told by someone I have known (and trust) for a couple of decades and is in the POA management at the resort. Westgate still owns a handful of the buildings there. The POA is doing sales of the Westgate units: 1 phone call and if you say no, that's supposed to be the end of it. Expect I'll get more of the details when I'm there in January.
Uncle Davey

Maple_Leaf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
If Wastegate is gone it is a huge win for the owners. The poor reviews on social media are usually for the Wastegate units. Visitors are frequently confused by having to check in at separate locations depending on whether they stay in a SPM or Wastegate unit. A single check-in location and single management under SPM is good news for everyone, except Wastegate.

Maple_Leaf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
That is what I was told by someone I have known (and trust) for a couple of decades and is in the POA management at the resort. Westgate still owns a handful of the buildings there. The POA is doing sales of the Westgate units: 1 phone call and if you say no, that's supposed to be the end of it. Expect I'll get more of the details when I'm there in January.
Uncle Davey
Are there any fixed weeks in either the POA or Wastegate parts of the resort?

Maple_Leaf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
I have a simple existential question about this resort. If the units are deeded to owners, and the owners control the board and SPM manages the resort, does Wastegate exist here anymore?

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
I have a simple existential question about this resort. If the units are deeded to owners, and the owners control the board and SPM manages the resort, does Wastegate exist here anymore?

I stayed last year on a II AC and the office staff still had Westgate on uniforms.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
This thread was started in October 2016 and reopen yesterday.

Maple_Leaf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
I stayed last year on a II AC and the office staff still had Westgate on uniforms.
Thank you for the update. It appears SPM manages 70% of the accommodation units and all of the common areas. Wastegate appears to still operate 30% of the accommodation units. So it appears someone could make the mistake of buying a Wastegate week on Ebay and be subject to Wastegate's notorious resale owner depredations while another owner in the next building would be happily managed by SPM. Frightening.

http://bluetreeowners.org/tag/westgate/

If my understanding is incorrect I definitely would appreciate a correction.

Last edited: