• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Question between enrolled points and trust points

nanceetom

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I convert my enrolled properties for destination points, can they be rented for any Marriott timeshare property Or, are trust owners the only ones able to do this?? You probably can tell we just finished a presentation!

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
The enrolled points would have the same value as Trust points when booking other MVC resorts.

csalter2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Diamond Resorts Gold
If I convert my enrolled properties for destination points, can they be rented for any Marriott timeshare property Or, are trust owners the only ones able to do this?? You probably can tell we just finished a presentation!

Absolutely you can. The best part is that often enrolled points have cheaper maintenance fee per point than destination points so you can get a higher profit with the enrolled points.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Some salespeople like to play things up as though there's a huge difference between using Trust (purchased) Points and Exchange (from enrolled/elected Weeks) Points but in practice the difference - with respect to availability - is slight and not at all insurmountable. From the TUG DC FAQ:
Technically, in compliance with the governing documents, DC Trust Members have direct access to inventory in the DC Trust as well as inventory available through the DC Exchange Company; and, DC Exchange Members have direct access to only the inventory that's available through the DC Exchange Company. Functionally, it appears that Marriott is managing inventory such that a few select high-demand intervals are available only from the Trust at the 13-months Reservation Window, then at the 12-months Reservation Window most intervals are made available through the Exchange Company. Effectively, it appears that inventory is currently being managed by Marriott such that the technical v. functional legal aspects are practically nullified with respect to the overwhelming majority of available intervals.

Another thing to be on guard against is that some salespeople have claimed that as new resorts come online there is a very real possibility that Marriott will limit their usage to only Trust Members, or, to only DC Members. This is something that Marriott *can* do, but again in practice we have found that as each new resort came online after the DC was established in 2010, Trust and Exchange Members had equal access AND intervals were immediately made available through II for Weeks exchanges.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
As a practical matter - from someone who almost always has both Trust DPs and Exchange DPs available - whenever I make a reservation MVC doesn't care where I pull my points from.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
While there is a technical difference that could apply in very extreme circumstances, it makes no difference in practice.