• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Question about US Collection points fees

Kamaisy

Reaction score
I have the opportunity to buy 10k points in the US collection. The seller said the MF have not gone up in the 8 years he has held them. Does that sound accurate?

The 10k points currently is advertised to have fees of about 1700/yr.

Any input is greatly appreciated, especially those that have paid fees over the years for the US collection.

cindyc

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Kohala Suites, HGVC - Boulevard, HGV - Sedona Summit (deeded weeks), Sheraton Desert Oasis
I think the fees per point have gone up, but only a little.

Make sure you don't pay much if anything to acquire the points as they don't have much resale value. Also, make sure you like the resorts in the US Collection as you will not be able to trade for Diamond properties in Hawaii, Europe, or Canada.

Kamaisy

Reaction score
The cost for 10k is $500 plus the Diamond fee of 250, per the seller. Seems like a token amount. I’ll try to get it for free first though.

the main purpose of buying in is for the many weekend trips we do in Tahoe for skiing. I’ve stayed at both their resorts there, both paid reservation and the presentation deals. I would say we do ~ 10 trips throughout the ski season and maybe 4 over the summer and fall, 2-3 nights per stay, mostly reserved close in, with weekday trips at times.

I wasn’t able to find a current Definitive list of the US Collection. Does anyone have a link to that?

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Not only will your resell DRI Points be restricted to the US Collection it also does not include any of the Affiliates but only DRI owned/managed resorts.

Kamaisy

Reaction score
So you are confirming that I will have full access to the US Collection, or are you implying that some of the US collection is an affiliate and I will not beable to use there?

As indicated, this is mainly for Lake Tahoe, and anywhere else is a bonus.

Kamaisy

Reaction score
At my most recent diamond presentation, I got them down to $2 a point. The added cost for access to a greater collection isn’t justified by our vacation habits.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Many of the Resorts in the US Collection and other Collections are Affiliates. Such as if you go to the DRI Home Page, Destinations, United States, Hawaii you will find about 16 Resorts listed. Only 3 are DRI Properties (KBC, Point at Poipu, and Modern Honolulu [which is not formally in the Hawaiian Collection]). The others are Affiliates. There are 3 Mainland DRI Resorts that are part of the Hawaiian Collection.

mjc775

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Waikiki Beach Walk + DRI/HVC
LTVR IS part of the US collection. However I’ve had a hard time being able to make late summer reservations unless I book 12-13 months out. For reservations a few months out often I find availability via Expedia where there is none on the member website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is all the resorts of the US Collection and the number of weeks owned in 2019.
The distribution of weeks between low, mid, high and peak seasons owned at each resorts is unknown.
So, trying to book a peak season week at a resort with few weeks owned by the US Collection could be very difficult or impossible.
1612113624148.png

1612113659066.png

1612113690982.png

1612113721104.png

1612113762431.png

US Collection owned 66% of the Premiere Vacation Collection in 2019 and this is the resorts and number of weeks at each resorts the PVC owned in 2017.
Sea of Cortez in Mexico may be excluded of the 66% of PVC owned by the US Collection.
1612113994693.png

mjc775

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Waikiki Beach Walk + DRI/HVC
This is all the resorts of the US Collection and the number of weeks owned in 2019.
The distribution of weeks between low, mid, high and peak seasons owned at each resorts is unknown.
So, trying to book a peak season week at a resort with few weeks owned by the US Collection could be very difficult or impossible.
View attachment 31757

So Diamond has about 1/3 of the weeks at LTVR.This might explain why no deluxe units were available at LTVR for midseason this year when I tried to reserve exactly 13 months out... The fine print they don’t mention in the sales presentation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kamaisy

Reaction score
So someone above said that the resale points will not work with the affiliate resorts. Can someone confirm this? As well as the Premiere Collection that was listed?

When I was at the last presentation, the booking page we were shown was flush with reservations for 2 and 3 day stays throughout the ski season. We don’t do weeks and dont need holiday weekends.

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
So someone above said that the resale points will not work with the affiliate resorts. Can someone confirm this? As well as the Premiere Collection that was listed?

When I was at the last presentation, the booking page we were shown was flush with reservations for 2 and 3 day stays throughout the ski season. We don’t do weeks and dont need holiday weekends.
Logically, resale US Collection members should have access to these units/resorts because US Collection owns units there and pay MF for those units/resorts.
These resorts are not like the 100+ affiliated resorts of THE Club where the US Collection doesn't pay MF for them.