• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Question about synching two seperate Marriott Hawaii trades...

Davey54321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi! We were thrilled that our Marriott Ko A'lina request just came in for next August 2009. Now, we want to put in a request for either Marriotts on Maui or Kuai (total of 4 resorts) for the following week.

The problem is that we got Sunday to Sunday at Marriott Ko A'lina and we want the request (Deposit first) to specify Sunday to Sunday. The online software doesn't seem able to specify this - can we accomplish this by calling in tomorrow to the II Marriott desk? Or should we rather just put in the request (regardless of checkin date at this point) and reject it if it comes in on a date other than Sunday? We want to take full advantage of the timeshare allotments, so would rather not cut short either week because the online system is limited, if at all possible. (Having never been to Hawaii, any of these 4 fine resorts would be acceptable to us for our first visit there; we'll plan a return trip to the island we missed for our next Hawaii trip.)

Has anybody had experience with consecutive week requests for II/Marriott in Hawaii- getting exactly the dates you want? (We put in the Ko A'lina request first for this reason - so we'd know exact the date to request next!)

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm curious what you used as your trader and when you put in the request. I'm waiting and hoping with my gold Aruba - so I'm don't know if I'll get anything.

I think you should call II today and put in the request. My request is Fri -Fri since it's what I need. I don't know if you have a better chance by allowing other check-ins and be willing to stay in a hotel one night...

PS - A moderator may move this to the Marriott board where you'll get better responses.

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
You are very fortunate to get any summer Hawaii week, so be hesitant about too many restrictions on your second week or it may not come in. Have you looked at the www.marriottrades.com site? It is Marriott owners trading among themselves. Only a small enrollment fee is involved.

Davey54321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks to those responding...

FYI, I was able to put in the request for the four other Marriott Hawaii resorts for a specific Sunday (August 2009) arrival date by calling Intervals Marriott desk this afternoon. Though the request appears online as a Thursday arrival request (as they all do) the Marriott reps assure me that the internal request specifies Sunday only at this time.

FYI too - we got our Ko'A lina request using Thanksgiving (Sports) week 2008 at Cypress Harbour to trade. This next request is also using a Cypress Harbour Sports week (2009, Memorial Day) so fingers crossed we get lucky!

And as for not being too picky in this Hawaii trade request, we may revise our search to include Saturday if this request doesn't come through for us in the next several months or so. But for now, we have enough advance time to give this a try for awhile. We would rather not have to cut our stay short at either island's resorts if we don't have to - wouldn't think twice about extending it a day or two with interim reservations if we had to!

Thanks again for the help/responses here!

mjkaplan

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lawrence Welk Resort, San Diego, CA
Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II , Palm Desert, CA
Next time you do something like this, talk to the Marriott Interval desk when you first make the request. You can speak to them and have them link your requests for back to back weeks so that they do not overlap, and let them know you want the weeks at different properties. We did this last summer, and once one week came in (at KBC) we just limited the second week to the previous week with the check out date to match the other check in date. By doing this we were already in line with our request for the second week.

The Interval agents can put alot more stipulations on the requests than you can online.