• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Question about something RCI is saying re membership and points system

chazpbg

TUG Member
Reaction score
I recently found out my RCI points resorts has gone bust and is therefore no longer in the RCI system. I still own a week in the RCI weeks system. In the past, I've transferred my week into the points system (for a fee). RCI is telling me I can still do this through the years my membership is paid up (2024 in my case), even they I don't have a points resort anymore (after 2024, I'm out of luck, RCI says).

I want to make sure this is true, because if I can't transfer the week into points, I'm likely to get rid of the week -- it's only good to me for its value in points. I'd hate to pay the maintenance fees then find out RCI won't allow this because I don't have a points resort anymore. Basically, can I trust what RCI is saying?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I recently found out my RCI points resorts has gone bust and is therefore no longer in the RCI system. I still own a week in the RCI weeks system. In the past, I've transferred my week into the points system (for a fee). RCI is telling me I can still do this through the years my membership is paid up (2024 in my case), even they I don't have a points resort anymore (after 2024, I'm out of luck, RCI says).

I want to make sure this is true, because if I can't transfer the week into points, I'm likely to get rid of the week -- it's only good to me for its value in points. I'd hate to pay the maintenance fees then find out RCI won't allow this because I don't have a points resort anymore. Basically, can I trust what RCI is saying?
Which resort so we can research? Is the point resort and the week resort you own in the same resort? Or is the resort you own in weeks closing down? I’m confused as to what’s going bust? Leaving RCI?

chazpbg

TUG Member
Reaction score
The week resort is Falcon Glen in South Africa, the points resort is Rayburn Country Club in Texas. Rayburn has gone bankrupt. I always converted Falcon Glen into points (for a small fee from RCI). I'm paid up through my RCI points membership through 2024. RCI is telling me I can still do the conversion with Falcon Glen through 2024 since I'm paid up through my membership until then. But... after 2024, I won't be able to renew membership without buying a new points resort. I guess what RCI is saying makes sense, but I'm wondering if someone else can confirm. I'd hate to pay Falcon Glen MF and then find out I couldn't convert it to points -- at least through 2024. I'm probably dumping the week after 2024 no matter what. It doesn't have much value in the weeks system.

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Random aside: We exchanged into Falcon Glen in 2013 and really enjoyed our experience. You have a lovely timeshare!