• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Question about selling

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've got multiple deeds/contracts (all paid off) with HGV.

My understanding (please correct me if I'm wrong) is that:
If I have enough points in my 2021 "pool", and I wish to sell a deed/contract that has that many or less points, that those would be included with the sale to the new owner?

So I have like a:
point deeds and let's pretend I have say 6,382 (made up number) of points for 2021 available.

I could sell:
the 3400
OR
the 4800
but not the 7000
and have the 2021 points available for the new purchaser?

It's also my understanding that the option to have the points included at all, while dependent upon the above, would be something negotiated? (ie, I could technically list as no points available for 2021, or list them and request reimbursement of the MF, etc.)?

natarajanv

TUG Member
Reaction score
yes, your understanding is correct. Also in your contract you can mention the usage year/first year of occupancy as 2021 for the buyers to get the full points, or you can say it as 2022 so they don't get any points for this year.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
You are correct, sir.
Your contract should specify the year the buyer's use commences and who's to pay the MF's.
You might offer to pay HGVC's transfer fee, but specify the buyer to pay activation + dues.

If you say 2021 and the buyer wants you to book a stay in 2021 while transfer is pending....
A guest booking would reduce your other TS points, so that would need to be addressed.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
You are correct, sir.
Your contract should specify the year the buyer's use commences and who's to pay the MF's.
You might offer to pay HGVC's transfer fee, but specify the buyer to pay activation + dues.

If you say 2021 and the buyer wants you to book a stay in 2021 while transfer is pending....
A guest booking would reduce your other TS points, so that would need to be addressed.

Thank you.

So if I'm reading the 2021 Club rules correctly, outside of the LT Transfers closing stuff (recording fees, etc.)

Transfer fee is: $429 (?) -is that the Ownership Change Fee?

Activation Fee is $399 (unless purchased through HGV Resale/affiliate)
Club Dues are $186

Zenichiro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Casa Yabel
Resort transfer fee of $425 has increased for 2021. Also there is a one-time points activation fee of $609 that will be billed to you after the transfer of ownership has been completed along with the annual HGV Club dues of $186.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Activation fee is $609 at present.

Cheers.

Out of curiosity where is that? I'm looking at the 2021 Club Rules Pages 24-25 have the fees. Indeed, searching for the word "activation" it's only found on page 24. Nowhere on that page does it show anything of $609.

There's only 3 fees listed under Activation Fees:

Enrollment / Activation fee
Purchased through HRC or its Affiliates
$382
Ownership Change Fee
One fee (when multiple weeks enrolled at same time)
$429
Activation Fee Voluntary (1 Interval) $399

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity where is that? I'm looking at the 2021 Club Rules Pages 24-25 have the fees. Indeed, searching for the word "activation" it's only found on page 24. Nowhere on that page does it show anything of $609.

$382
Ownership Change Fee
$429
Activation Fee Voluntary (1 Interval)$399

Well, it's on the bills for two units I bought recently (two in the same contract, subject to two fees) :)

I don't actually know why it doesn't appear to be listed properly in their fee schedule.

Cheers.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, it's on the bills for two units I bought recently (two in the same contract, subject to two fees) :)

I don't actually know why it doesn't appear to be listed properly in their fee schedule.

Cheers.

Ah, I see.

Zenichiro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Casa Yabel
The $609 is the account creation fee I believe. Then depending on if you want your unit converted to points, enrollment or "transfer" fee of $399. Then you have club dues, which will be the only re-occurring fee going forward for a points account.

rangnatp

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None

$382
Ownership Change Fee
$429
Activation Fee Voluntary (1 Interval)$399
I just did a google search and found this - https://d1m2ucn09z2f8d.cloudfront.n...resale-process-frequently-asked-questions.pdf

It's from 2020 and talks about the fees involved in resales.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, we've had an account for some time and the charge for our activation if new purchases was $609. So this doesn't seem quite right to me.

Cheers.

Zenichiro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Casa Yabel
if your a member then I don’t think you have that fee.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I saw the $609 activation fee for private sales mentioned in a PDF doc entitled:
"Resale Process - Frequently Asked Questions."

It's in a link in "Help">"Contact Us" - bottom of the page, under "Resale Services."
This link may take you there: https://tinyurl.com/y2dzvpay

Will I pay any fees if I sell or transfer my timeshare interest?
You may incur additional fees if you sell your interest on the resale market, including:
• An Ownership Change fee [$429] to transfer the timeshare and maintenance fees to the new account.
• A Membership Activation fee ($609) per timeshare to set up and modify the new Member’s... accounts
• An Estoppel fee ($70).

Last edited:

Wright17s

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite Premier; Valdoro x6, Trump, Paradise, Sunrise Lodge
For what it's worth, the $425 (now $429) ownership change fee is generally paid through closing... the $609 membership activation fee is billed directly by Hilton about 30 days after the points/contract have been added to your account.

I can verify as an existing HGV member/owner I still had to pay the $609 membership activation fee for each resale contract I purchased.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I figured that they hadn't overcharged me. But one can always hope :)

Cheers.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
A couple of years ago, the resale's activation fee was listed directly on the HGVC fees pages. For some reason, they are now leaving it off (maybe so they don't call attention to the resales market).

giowop

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard
For what it's worth, the $425 (now $429) ownership change fee is generally paid through closing... the $609 membership activation fee is billed directly by Hilton about 30 days after the points/contract have been added to your account.

I can verify as an existing HGV member/owner I still had to pay the $609 membership activation fee for each resale contract I purchased.

Ditto for me as an owner of multiple deeds. Sucks to get zapped each time for $609 until I remember how far ahead I am by taking the resale market route!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Especially for those folks that dug up that link. Much appreciated!