• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Question about select Orlando resorts and social distancing

DebBrown

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
We're looking at using our II cert for a week in Orlando in March. There are limited choices and I'm hoping the experts here can help. Are any of these low/lower density and spread out enough that we can avoid other occupants? Vistana, Westgate Lakes, Westgate Town Center, Westgate Vacation Villas, Legacy Vacation Club. I'm thinking Vistana is our best option.

TIA
Deb

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
The only one I’ve been to is Vistana. Low to mid rise buildings, nice resort. I’m not sure if you can request an area, but I think there is a list of what areas have which check in days.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Both Vistana Villages and Vistana Resort are very large resort. Vistana Resort is probably far less dense. Many of the buildings are only two or three stories and for any building three stories or less has stairs to the second and third floor. Many where the stairs only go to two units. Some of the newer sections like Lakes and Cascades are four stories with elevators and tends to be where they are placing most guests unless you ask for something else. I beleive all of the Vistana Villages buildings are five floors and all have elevators.

Consider that most of the Orlando properties are running lower then 50% capacity right now.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't been to any that you mention - but if I were looking at a resort and wanted to avoid people as much as possible I would look for a low rise building without a common hallway into units.

DebBrown

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I don't know why I didn't see these replies earlier. I thought TUG would notify me! My apologies for not acknowledging your help.

Right now, the choices are Vistana vs Vistana Villages so I will go with the original for less density. We've been living extremely isolated for months now and I don't want to blow it!