• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Question about rescinding, please help

sky_512

Reaction score
Hello all, I bought Worldmark vacation credit of 6000 yesterday (9/21) with $16k after attending a seminar(!) in Austin, TX. Did some research last night and realized what a ridiculous deal that was and felt very stupid. Also luckily found this forum and learnt about rescinding and resale market. I’m going to rescind tomorrow (9/23) via certified mail following the template I found in this forum. Have a few questions about rescission. Would really appreciate if anyone can respond.

1. I’m an OR resident and came to visit Austin just for this weekend. Returning back to OR tomorrow afternoon and planning to send certified mail in the morning (9/23). My contract has two parts, one for TX and another for OR. So I’m planning to mail first page of both parts along with rescission letter. Is it ok/should there be any issue?

2. My contract says that I have five calendar days from the contract day to rescind. Which day will it be considered as my rescission request, the day letter is mailed or the day it is delivered?

3. How long usually Wyndham take to confirm, if at all, that my purchase has been cancelled? FYI, I haven’t paid anything yet. Plan was to pay $16K with 0% interest in 6 months using their (Wyndham) in-home financing. But they do have my credit and debit card number. Is there anything else I need to do apart from sending the rescission letter?

Thanks in advance!

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi. Welcome to TUG. Sorry to be brief, but here are your answers:
1) This should be fine. Just be sure all signers sign the rescission letter.
2) The day it is postmarked is the determining date of the rescission. If you signed the contrace 9/21, day 1 is the 22nd for this purpose.
3) Impossible to answer. And they are not required by law to inform you of the progress of the rescission, but are required to process it. You will not be charged anything- and if they do, it will be refunded within 45 days. If you signed up for a credit card, that's a separate issue and you'll have to cancel the cc separately- but if no charges were made on it, you may be able to cancel it without a charge. I assume you don't have a physical card yet, but the customer service number will be on the back.

Welcone to TUG. Glad you found us. WorldMark is a good system, but buying resale is the way to go. their website is www.WMOwners.com/ There is also an active forum here on TUG.

Jim

sky_512

Reaction score
Thanks a lot Jim for your quick reply.

Re:#3, no I don't have a physical card yet. When you said "if no charges were made on it", were you referring to $16k (price of 6k credit I purchased) or some yearly cc charge? Since I'm rescinding in time, is there still a chance of charges being made on it?

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot Jim for your quick reply.

Re:#3, no I don't have a physical card yet. When you said "if no charges were made on it", were you referring to $16k (price of 6k credit I purchased) or some yearly cc charge? Since I'm rescinding in time, is there still a chance of charges being made on it?
I have no way of knowing when they will put a charge on that card. What you should do is nothing. They might not charge anything to the new account, but as I said it's two diffferent things. The timeshare, which will be rescinded and matters put back to the way affairs were between the seller and you before ypu made the purchase, and the new credit card which is an agreement between you and a bank. Any charges put on that will be reversed, but it will be up to you to cancel the card- but wait until after you know any charges put on it are refunded.

Jim

sky_512

Reaction score
I have no way of knowing when they will put a charge on that card. What you should do is nothing. They might not charge anything to the new account, but as I said it's two diffferent things. The timeshare, which will be rescinded and matters put back to the way affairs were between the seller and you before ypu made the purchase, and the new credit card which is an agreement between you and a bank. Any charges put on that will be reversed, but it will be up to you to cancel the card- but wait until after you know any charges put on it are refunded.

Jim

Makes sense. Thank you.