• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Question about RCI Reservation

sylcro

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have recently called and used a bonus week for a reservation and guest certificate for my older sister and husband at Fairfield Oceanwalk in Daytona. Checkin is Oct 28 to Nov 4 and since I own at a Fairfield Resort in Pompano I was able to get Nov 4,5 and 6th as extra nights for them. I realized from reading reviews here that some of the 1 bdrms there are entirely interior rooms with non opening windows and no view. This is a concern because they are both smokers but the other problem is that my sister has suffered from some claustrophobia issues most of her life. I called the resort and they suggested I call RCI and try to see what they were going to release for us. It appears that the unit is a 'B' unit, and the Fairfield Rep with the Resort says that all their B units are interior.

The rep suggested that I call RCI daily to see if anything appears in their inventory for that location and I will do that. I have explained this situation to everyone and was much bumped around from RCI and to my home resort and then back to Oceanwalk. I have repeatedly mentioned they are smokers and no one has commented. My concern is also that this may be a non-smoking unit and I checked the Fairfield website and couldn't find anything about it. I was told by the RCI rep who booked this for me that all the units were nice and that although she couldn't tell me if there was a balcony or oceanview she assured me not to worry about it because 'all the views will be nice'. Also, no mention about non smoking.

Any suggestions about how I can clarify this at least about smoking and is there anyway to see if RCI can make note to try to change something if they should receive any last minute inventory? Apparently RCI is showing a rm1214B and that likely will be the unit they give us. This then would be 12th flr, interior. If I check the website daily and find a 1 bdm there and call them would they be able to trade for it? I found this previous one in extra vacations although the rep told me that I could only search last call/then she put me on hold and found it. I checked the Extra Vacations just after that phone call and the Oceanwalk unit was no longer there which makes me think that it wasn't last call but was actually in extra vacations.

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
sylcro,

RCI doesn't control unit assignment -- resorts have full control over that. The smoking issue is related to unit assignment and we won't be able to make those arrangements for you. However, we can try to help confirm the type of unit you need.

Please send an e-mail to feedback@rci.com and enter TUG in the subject line. The Communications Team will make every effort to help.

sylcro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Madge

Thanks for replying to my question about making changes to reservations with RCI. I decided to call RCI daily and check the website, on Fri 10/21 I called again to check and the RCI guide 'Michelle' was very nice; she checked and there was no new inventory for OceanWalk. She listened to my story and then suggested that another resort in the area might be okay for my family. She found a 2 Bdm GC in Daytona/It is the Daytona Seabreeze which BlueGreen recently renovated. She did not have a lot of info on it and put me on hold and actually called the resort! She then confirmed that this had a balcony and also all their units are oceanfront. Since the problem with Oceanwalk was due to the fact that they might be confined to a unit without any exterior window she actually cancelled that one as they had not sent the unit confirmation in to the resort yet and she booked the other resort for us for 10/28.
I just got a call last night from my family and they are thrilled with the resort and the 2 bdm/2 bath unit. I wish that RCI could clone this VG; there is a huge difference between Michelle and previous people who I had spoken with at RCI. Previously, I had simply felt that RCI did not want to help explore any other options or even speak with me if I wasn't doing something like booking another vacation or searching for one.

I feel that Michelle went well beyond any previous reps at RCI and she single-handedly saved my view of RCI with that one phone call. I gave a phone survey recommendation on her and also did one online after the call. I just wish I knew her agent# or last name to ensure that her great service was noted! Thanks for everything. Keep up the good work, I have learned a great deal through Tug and your professional help here!

Sylvia

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
sylcro,

Wow, that's just great to hear! If you will follow up with a message to feedback@rci.com and give your RCI ID number, the Communications Team will be able to get Michelle the kudos she deserves!

Thanks very much for letting me know your outcome.