• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Question about Hyatt Vacation Club------ HELP

shole105

Reaction score
Hi all,

Me and my wife just joined the Hyatt Vacation Club 2 days ago, but I am still having doubt since we purchased 1100 points for around $2400 each year for 10 years, I just want to know if it is worth it? are the points really stated they can be used in Interval and use it on other Hyatt hotels? Like how many points do I need if I want to book a all inclusive hotels in Cancun and stuff, since I cannot find any information online so I am just trying my luck here

Thank you all!

lotus921v

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham South Shore, Wyndham Bali Hai, Wyndham Shearwater, Worldmark, Regal Vistas at Massanutten, Marriott Grand Chateau
Rescind immediately and do research before deciding which system works for you and how many points you’ll need. You’re not going to get all inclusive options through a timeshare

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Rescind, get your money back, and then join TUG and read these boards throughly for a few months to get yourself educated. Buy on the resale market--not from the developer--and you will save thousands, if not tens of thousands. There are many different systems with different locations offering varying levels of quality and pricing, so be sure you know what you're buying. A timeshare can be an excellent purchase for your family and spending time together in some beautiful places--but only if you thoroughly understand what you're buying.

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Monkey King Coffee - Captain Cook, Hawaii
Absolutely rescind. Furthermore, when you mail your rescission letter, do so return receipt requested. It's only a couple bucks. And now you have physical evidence that you rescinded in time.

Then, after getting a good night's sleep, come ask us about how Hyatt works.

ChicagoDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe x2
Hyatt Highlands Inn
Renaissance Aruba
Westin Lagunamar
Definitely rescind as others have mentioned along with tracking of the letter. First of all 1,100 points won’t get you a reservation at most places unless out of season and second, you can buy more points resale for far less money and actually own a tangible property. I bought 1,500 points last September and then quickly rescinded after finding this website. The clock is ticking, so don't delay on sending your notice.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
There will be instructions how to rescind. Follow those instructions exactly!

shole105

Reaction score
Do i need to give them a reason if I want to rescind?????

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
thank you guys! will do that for sure!

You only have a few days to rescind so be sure to do it the first thing on Tuesday, May 30th, 2023. You don't need to provide them any reason other than to say that you are exercising your rights provided under timeshare rescission law.

Go to any United States Post Office and send your rescission paperwork via USPS CERTIFIED MAIL. Maintain copies of your paperwork as well as the USPS Mailing Receipt which will indicate the day in which you mailed it.

Also, be sure that any buyer who signed the purchase paperwork (i.e. spouse) also signs the rescission paperwork.

NOTE: They do not need to acknowledge receipt of your paperwork but they are obligated by law to act on it. Allow up to 45 days for a refund.

shole105

Reaction score
You only have a few days to rescind so be sure to do it the first thing on Tuesday, May 30th, 2023. You don't need to provide them any reason other than to say that you are exercising your rights provided under timeshare rescission law.

Go to any United States Post Office and send your rescission paperwork via USPS CERTIFIED MAIL. Maintain copies of your paperwork as well as the USPS Mailing Receipt which will indicate the day in which you mailed it.

Also, be sure that any buyer who signed the purchase paperwork (i.e. spouse) also signs the rescission paperwork.

NOTE: They do not need to acknowledge receipt of your paperwork but they are obligated by law to act on it. Allow up to 45 days for a refund.

thank you for the clarification ! I will do that ASAP!

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
thank you for the clarification ! I will do that ASAP!
To the OP: just curious how things worked out. Can you give us an update?

shole105

Reaction score
To the OP: just curious how things worked out. Can you give us an update?
sent out the certified mail via USPS last tuesday... check today... just got delivered!.. I am worried right now, but I saw if I sent my mail and kept my receipt I sent out within 7 days of the agreement I should be good right?

Last edited:

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
sent out the certified mail via USPS last tuesday... check today... just got delivered!.. I am worried right now, but I saw if I sent my mail and kept my receipt I sent out within 7 days of the agreement I should be good right?
Yes, you should be good. It might take 2-3 weeks to get your check, but you did what you needed to do. Be sure to keep that receipt because it proves you met the rescission rules to a T.

shole105

Reaction score
Yes, you should be good. It might take 2-3 weeks to get your check, but you did what you needed to do. Be sure to keep that receipt because it proves you met the rescission rules to a T.
Thanks man, the sales have called me and send me email, do I just ignore them or should I take the call???

lotus921v

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham South Shore, Wyndham Bali Hai, Wyndham Shearwater, Worldmark, Regal Vistas at Massanutten, Marriott Grand Chateau
Thanks man, the sales have called me and send me email, do I just ignore them or should I take the call???
They’re just trying to get you to change your mind. You have nothing to gain by taking their calls