• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Question About HRC Cup Points "expiring"

mrbocce

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Stupid question from Newbie
I own 2 separate weeks with HRC. When they say that CUP points are expiring at a certain date , before they go to LCUP, does that mean you have to use them by expiration date? Or, does it mean you have to reserve something by those dates?

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
Hello @mrbocce, welcome to TUG. I personally am not familiar with Hyatt Residence Club (HRC), but if you ask this question in the Hyatt sub forum I’m sure you will get a reply.

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
use them by expiration date? Or, does it mean you have to reserve something by those dates?

Use and reserve in the HRC system are the same thing. Your reservation can be as far in the future as you can find availability. (Which is max 1 year out)

mrbocce

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
yes, thank you. I also aware of the Interval International option (EEE) as Hyatt refers to it once the points are transferred to II

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also aware of the Interval International option (EEE) as Hyatt refers to it once the points are transferred to II
To be clear, EEE is when the points are still held by Hyatt. The window to turn your points into EEE closes 4 months before the CUP points expire (the check in date)

However, you can reserve an II trade using CUP points right up until they expire.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
Stupid question from Newbie
I own 2 separate weeks with HRC. When they say that CUP points are expiring at a certain date , before they go to LCUP, does that mean you have to use them by expiration date? Or, does it mean you have to reserve something by those dates?
You can use your CUP pts to make an HRC reservation more than 60 days from check in, up until the day before your home use week start date. For example I have a Friday check in, week 13 unit. My home week 13 starts on March 26 this year, so my CUP pts turn to LCUP on March 26. I can make an II exchange before the 26th. But I believe not on 3/26 and after.

When my pts become LCUP on 3/26, then I can only reserve within HRC , 60 days from check in. LCUP pts expire after 6 months.

mrbocce

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Use and reserve in the HRC system are the same thing. Your reservation can be as far in the future as you can find availability. (Which is max 1 year out)
got it. many thanks

mrbocce

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
To be clear, EEE is when the points are still held by Hyatt. The window to turn your points into EEE closes 4 months before the CUP points expire (the check in date)

However, you can reserve an II trade using CUP points right up until they expire.
understand. thank you for taking the time to reply