• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Question about Grande Vista and Florida Club [Merged]

sportsfan1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a Platinum 2BR unit at MGV reserved for an early May week (spring break) that I am pretty sure is eligible for Florida Club. Unfortunately, we are no longer available that week and would like to switch to another Florida Club resort - preferably BeachPlace or OceanPointe. We'd like to reserve a week around the July 4th week with some flexibility.

My question is - what's the best way to accomplish this, or am I just wasting my time? I'm concerned about unit availability during the summer weeks I'm requesting, but I can't confirm with Marriott because they are closed today. I am not an II member - mainly because it makes no sense to me, but is that the best way to accomplish this?

Any other suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a Platinum 2BR unit at MGV reserved for an early May week (spring break) that I am pretty sure is eligible for Florida Club. Unfortunately, we are no longer available that week and would like to switch to another Florida Club resort - preferably BeachPlace or OceanPointe. We'd like to reserve a week around the July 4th week with some flexibility.

My question is - what's the best way to accomplish this, or am I just wasting my time? I'm concerned about unit availability during the summer weeks I'm requesting, but I can't confirm with Marriott because they are closed today. I am not an II member - mainly because it makes no sense to me, but is that the best way to accomplish this?

Any other suggestions?

Florida Club uses "Like for Like", so if you have a Platinum week then you must get a Platinum week. I think it is Platinum time at Legends Edge in the summer, but it is Gold time at Doral, Beach Place, and Ocean Pointe.

Bottom line; you may do better depositing it into Interval now and start search for any location you want (without any Like for Like restrictions). Sign up for an Interval International membership.

Best of luck.

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what unit numbers in MGV are enrolled in Florida club. There used to be a document on MVC website but no longer there.

TIA

sportsfan1

TUG Member
Reaction score
BeachPlace is Platinum during July 4th week but you are right about OceanPointe. So I can either look to trade in Florida Club through MVCI or deposit into II?

Any idea of my chances of getting a trade for MGV during the first week of April for BP or OP the week of July 4th in II? I don't want to pay the membership fee to join if my chances are low...

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
BeachPlace is Platinum during July 4th week but you are right about OceanPointe. So I can either look to trade in Florida Club through MVCI or deposit into II?

Any idea of my chances of getting a trade for MGV during the first week of April for BP or OP the week of July 4th in II? I don't want to pay the membership fee to join if my chances are low...

If you don't use the Florida Club then you will not be depositing your week into MVCI. You can however join Interval International and deposit your week there. FYI: I would first lock off the week and make two deposits into Interval and obtain two trades instead of one trade. I personally think it's a better value (my own opinion).

By the way, the Florida Club has the six month rule, i.e. you can book use of the club within six months of occupancy. All the dates you are looking for are within six months of today so I would advise you to call Marriott first thing on Monday morning and ask if you can get into the resorts in question on the dates you are looking for.

The Florida Club allows you to make reservations at a sister resort, so you will be cancelling your May reservation at Grande Vista and booking a reservation at another Marriott Resort in the Florida Club (but remember "like for like" meaning it must be the same season and same size). Same season refers to Platinum or Gold in your case since Grande Vista does not have any silver weeks.

I wasn't aware that a Grande Vista early May week was Platinum; I thought it was Gold.....

Maybe member Dioxide45 can clarify when he reads this.

Last edited:

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what villa numbers in MGV are enrolled in Florida club. There used to be a document on MVC website which had a link on the pdf provided on TUG but the link no longer works.

TIA

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I have the document saved. Here it is.

Attachments

• ParticipatingFloridaClub.pdf
    247.4 KB · Views: 188

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I wasn't aware that a Grand Vista early May week was Platinum; I thought it was Gold.....

Maybe member Dioxide45 can clarify when he reads this.
Weeks 18 through 21 are gold season. The only way to book a week that includes some of the days of May as Platinum would be to book week 17 checking in on April 24th through the 27th. I wouldn't consider that week to be Spring Break.

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
If it is plat, and you have booked early May, I would consider looking at what is available through Florida Club. As Dioxide points out, May is not usually Plat season except for 1 early week and typically high value for Gold weeks at MGV.

Check what you can obtain further out. The advantage of that is that if you can find an equal or higher TDI plat week through Florida Club (or even Grande Vista for that matter), you probably will be better off for several reasons: more time to use in II, better trade value for your deposit (since there is more time before checkin date) and likely a better TDI.

Good luck.

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Any other suggestions?
For summer & Platinum your options are another GV week, BeachPlace or Legend's Edge. LE weeks 27 & 28 are Platinum Plus though. Doral is actually silver for the summer. I'd check with Marriott and see what's available but have a plan in case nothing is except maybe the summer at GV. It sounds like BP would be your first choice but you could also deposit with II and try for a different week. The 4th is in week 27 this year for all but a Sunday check in. If the week is enrolled you might consider trading for points and you likely can reserve OP on DC points. If not, and given your post history I suspect you're not, give yourself as many options as possible including II.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
For summer & Platinum your options are another GV week, BeachPlace or Legend's Edge. LE weeks 27 & 28 are Platinum Plus though. Doral is actually silver for the summer. I'd check with Marriott and see what's available but have a plan in case nothing is except maybe the summer at GV. It sounds like BP would be your first choice but you could also deposit with II and try for a different week. The 4th is in week 27 this year for all but a Sunday check in. If the week is enrolled you might consider trading for points and you likely can reserve OP on DC points. If not, and given your post history I suspect you're not, give yourself as many options as possible including II.
Wouldn't one have had to have traded for DC points by Fall 2019 for a 2020 week?

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't one have had to have traded for DC points by Fall 2019 for a 2020 week?
With that week yes, but they may have other options. ETA, I was thinking of taking points on another option or the following year but I see I wasn't clear.

Last edited: