• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Question About Depositing 3BR Grand Vista Week

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a question regarding how I deposit my 3BR Grand Vista week into II. I’ve only had 1BR weeks for years now and simply cannot remember how to elect and deposit larger units. Just bought the GV week via resale and want to get it into II to use.

I want to select my own week for deposit instead of letting Marriott choose it. Where my confusion lies is do I just deposit the whole 3BR unit and then select what I want to use to trade once it’s in II or do I have to lock it off separately in the MVC system and then deposit both into II? I hope that makes sense. I just can’t remember. Thank you in advance for any help.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
You need to lock off and make two reservations first with Marriott, then take the confirmation numbers to II and deposit them separately. I always select Exchange - Owner Deposit when making my reservations on the Marriott Vacation Club website.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
You book the week yourself (probably want 51 or 52, or maybe July 4th week assuming platinum, for gold probably doesn't really matter). Call Marriott and lockoff and have them deposit into II. You'll have to pay the lockoff fee. Within a couple of days you should see the two separate units under "My Units" in II. You'll be able to identify them because they'll have check-in dates and an exchange number.

I'm sure there are other ways but that's the easiest. I have 2BR lockoff there.

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
As @jmhpsu93 said. Book the week you want, Call to lock it off and deposit it to II.

Also you can book the 2BR online first and pay the $90 online. Then book the studio online too but you have to call to deposit both units. This way you may have a better options.

Make sure you do not select book for deposit.

Last edited:

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
I book both online and pay the lock off fee. I select owner use instead of deposit to II. Then with reservation number, unit size and dates I call II to deposit unit.

Many ways to skin a cat or to deposit with II.

See you when you get back here to MKO.

Btw you have spoiled my wife. We are here at the Disney World Arts and food festival. She has been comparing you carrot cake to the carrot cake here and said that yours is so much better. Actually she echoed what I said and says that she has not had any carrot cake better before or since!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
No need to call Marriott or II to do anything. Book online on the Marriott website. I own a 2BR MGV and always use the "Exchange - Owner Deposit" option. I make a reservation for the 1BR side and then go back and do it for the studio. No need to book for "Occupy" but don't use "Exchange - Marriott Deposit" With "Exchange - Owner Deposit", you pick your check in date and get a confirmation number via email. Take that confirmation number to the Interval International account and deposit each side separately.

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok, thank you everyone. I was just drawing a total blank on what was the best way to handle it. Wanted to make sure.

@frank808, thank you for the compliments on the carrot cake. I will say it is the best cake I make even though the one in Hawaii was a little dry by my standards. But I’m so glad you enjoyed it so much. Tell your wife thank you as well and when we get back to MKO I will make another one for y’all.

We’re headed to Mesquite, NV in a few weeks and I plan on making a cheesecake for DaveNV and his hubby Jeff. Just spreading the love around TUGGERS. ❤️❤️

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
@frank808, thank you for the compliments on the carrot cake. I will say it is the best cake I make even though the one in Hawaii was a little dry by my standards. But I’m so glad you enjoyed it so much. Tell your wife thank you as well and when we get back to MKO I will make another one for y’all.

We’re headed to Mesquite, NV in a few weeks and I plan on making a cheesecake for DaveNV and his hubby Jeff. Just spreading the love around TUGGERS. ❤❤

I feel jealous already as we all loved you cakes. The cheesecake was amazing as well.

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Awww...thank you! We have to plan another meet up in Hawaii or even somewhere else!

I feel jealous already as we all loved you cakes. The cheesecake was amazing as well.

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you know if you have personal choice? Not usually a great value but for 165,000 points you can use them for hotel, air, any travel items. Book ahead with one of the airlines that isn't charging change fees (all of them?). Best of Luck
Awww...thank you! We have to plan another meet up in Hawaii or even somewhere else!

That would be amazing. We may be heading to Texas early March. Not firm yet.

Also we are thinking MKO end of Aug & early Sep. Again with COVID, I cannot be firm.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Thanks Jan. Have fun in Nevada. Will be returning to Hawaii tomorrow. See you in a few months.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Also we are thinking MKO end of Aug & early Sep. Again with COVID, I cannot be firm.
If you get here hit me up. I should be at MKO by end of August but currently have a room down at Hilton Hawaiian Village. Will cancel that as soon as I see weeks at MKO.

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just few weeks ago there was a mini bulk Aug 22-Sep 12 (HZZAA, HZZBA) where I got mine.

For sure I will be in touch once it all firms up.

Let me know when you are here in July. I should be around after the 10th.

Are you now in Orlando again.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes in Orlando. Missed out on that bulk bank since we got here Jan 4. Have not been checking II at all for the past 3 weeks.

Will be up in Seattle hopefully June 30-July 9th so we might miss you. Still do not know if our cruises will go for sure.

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you get here hit me up. I should be at MKO by end of August but currently have a room down at Hilton Hawaiian Village. Will cancel that as soon as I see weeks at MKO.

Yes in Orlando. Missed out on that bulk bank since we got here Jan 4. Have not been checking II at all for the past 3 weeks.

Will be up in Seattle hopefully June 30-July 9th so we might miss you. Still do not know if our cruises will go for sure.

I may come earlier or we may not leave at all. You know how COVID goes. Will be in touch once I know for sure.

NboroGirl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
We’re headed to Mesquite, NV in a few weeks and I plan on making a cheesecake for DaveNV and his hubby Jeff. Just spreading the love around TUGGERS. ❤❤

Any chance you'll be in Orlando end of Feb. or early in March? We love cheesecake! ;)

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Let me know about Texas. Not sure where you’re headed here - it’s a big state. But if it’s near us we’ll try getting together.

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
LoL I’m sorry but no we won’t be there then. I’d make one for you if we were. Have a wonderful time!!

Any chance you'll be in Orlando end of Feb. or early in March? We love cheesecake! ;)

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
Let me know about Texas. Not sure where you’re headed here - it’s a big state. But if it’s near us we’ll try getting together.

Thanks Jan. We are considering Austin initially but my go to Houston as we have few friends there. We may also do both if time allows.

If we do it, it will be early March so I will be in touch for sure. Are you still in Texas as I thought you left to Florida.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Might see you in Houston Sam. Will be there for a few days pre cruise if it happens.

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are still in Texas for now. About 3 and a half hours from Houston though.

Thanks Jan. We are considering Austin initially but my go to Houston as we have few friends there. We may also do both if time allows.

If we do it, it will be early March so I will be in touch for sure. Are you still in Texas as I thought you left to Florida.

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are still in Texas for now. About 3 and a half hours from Houston though.

So maybe KoOlina is more convenient even though it is half way around the globe. 3.5 hours is a long drive.