• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Question about cancelling an II exchange.

JeffW

TUG Member
Reaction score
I used a May 09 week to get a mid-Jan 09 exchange. From the FAQ:

If I have a confirmed exchange and have to cancel it, what happens?
A.
• When you cancel a week before 60 days of check-in, you get a replacement week. That week is good for 1 year from the date you canceled. ( not the check in date of the deposited week you started with.) If you cancel 59 - 14 days of check-in, your replacement week can only use the "Flexchange" service to make an exchange.

I assume if I cancel with by mid-Nov (outside the 60 days), I'll get a replacement week good until Nov 2009.

However, if I cancel 59-14 days, is it's replacement week still based on the when I cancelled? Is there any replacement week that correlates either to the original checkin date (Jan09) or the original occupancy week (May09)? Just trying to get as much time as possible out of the week.

Also, is it possible to extend a replacement week? If so, what is the current cost for that? Thanks.

Jeff

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Regardless of when you cancel you still receive a Cancellation Replacement week good for one year from the time you cancel. If you cancel 59 days to 14 days you still receive the same replacement week but it can only be used during Flexchange.

You cant extend a Cancellation Replacement week however II may work with you if the dates you are looking for are close to the expiration date of your week.

JeffW

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know there's no refund of the exchange fee, but what about the Guest Certificate fee?

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
No refund on the GC either.

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
I just cancelled an II exchange on Monday and it was 60+ days out. I received a replacement week/AC that is good until November 2009.

However, in testing its trading power, I am finding it very disappointing. It cannot see anything remotely resembling what it used to see, which included 2 bedrooms and Marriotts. It could not even see a Marriott with a check-in day at 9 days out. I am finding that it has terrible trading power and I probably will end up letting the week dissolve into thin air...

Since it was my first II exchange and first cancellation (call me a newbie at II!), I am trying to look on the positive side. For my lost $139 exchange fee, I now know that I will never do that again, that AC/replacement weeks are poor traders, and that calling II supervisors doesn't really help (yet). If anyone has had better luck getting an AC to trade well, let me know what the secrets are :eek: .

JeffW

TUG Member
Reaction score
In the quick test that I did for next Mar/Apr, I saw a decent amount of weeks: some Vegas, Orlando, etc. It wasn't a detailed examination, but I think I've seen worse.

I'm not particularly happen with the timing - I originally pre-deposited a May 09 week (normally good thru May '11), which the replacement is good good thru Nov 09. At least it's better than nothing...