• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

'Queen of Versailles' Jackie Siegel says there's still 18 MONTHS of construction to go on her mega-mansion

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
First world problems with the mansion - I've seen her on "Below Deck's" and she lived down to my level of expectation:
'Queen of Versailles' Jackie Siegel says there's still 18 MONTHS of construction to go on her mega-mansion after building work began 16 YEARS ago - and opens up about her daughter's overdose death on what would have been her 24th birthday
  • Jackie, 54, and her timeshare mogul husband David Siegel, 83, began constructing the 'Versailles' mega-mansion on the shore of Lake Butler in 2004
  • The economy crash in 2008, the overdose death of their 18-year-old daughter in 2015 and a house fire in February last year have halted construction
  • But in an interview this week, Jackie said her dream home is edging ever-closer to completion and is set to be finished in 2022 - 18 years after the build began
  • The mansion - which will have nine kitchens, 30 bathrooms, 14 bedrooms, a roller rink, and a bowling alley – will be the same size as a ‘super Walmart'
  • Siegel also opened up about the death of her daughter, Victoria
  • In an Instagram post published Wednesday, Jackie paid tribute to her daughter on what would’ve been her 24th birthday
  • Victoria died at the age of 18 after tragically overdosing on methadone and antidepressants on June 6, 2015

I'm sorry about their daughter. I wouldn't wish that on anybody.

James G

Reaction score
I guess this is what can happen when mental illness and money come together.

Last edited:
Reactions: RX8

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Nothing like the life of excess. 9 kitchens? 30 bathrooms? These are not normal people.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Way more dollars than sense....

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Nothing like the life of excess. 9 kitchens? 30 bathrooms? These are not normal people.

Heck, there were 3 kitchens in this normal neighborhood home when we moved into it ten years ago. 9 isn't such a stretch for a mega-mansion!

Last edited:

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think there are many buyers out there that look for 9 kitchens and 30 bathrooms when they go looking for a house. It will be interesting to see who buys this if and when it hits the resale market.....

Sounds to be more of a liability than an asset.

mentalbreak

TUG Member
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see who buys this if and when it hits the resale market.....
Sounds to be more of a liability than an asset.

Hmmm. Sounds familiar. Exactly the reality that thousands of timeshare purchasers face...

Reactions: RX8

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Gluttony at its utmost.

I feel badly that we live in the house that our kids grew up in. 4 bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms, two of which do not even get used. Only one shower gets used. It's paid for. We looked at other houses in a neighborhood we wouldn't mind living in, and a 2 bedroom ranch with 2 bathrooms and a full basement is more than we would get for our house. That's crazy. Rick wouldn't even have enough room for his woodshop, which is his pride and joy. Going from a garage that is 30 X 40 feet to one that is 20X20, that is not going to be a good move for him.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Something about this reminds me of the Winchester Mystery House in San Jose CA.

Janann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
You need nine kitchens, because each entertainment area (pool, bowling alley, roller rink, etc) needs an area for the catering service and food prep. :)

This weekend I read an article about houses with two kitchens in Dallas, which apparently is a thing. One kitchen is for the family, and one kitchen is designed for the catering service that comes in occasionally for a party. Who knew?