• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Quarter House "Partial Re-opening"

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Email from Quarter House received 12/29:

Dear Quarter House Owners,

We are happy to announce our partial reopening for January 1, 2021! This partial reopening means that we will now be able to accept reservations in the areas of the Quarter House that had no fire damage. There are still some suites down for repairs due to severe damage caused by fire and water damage.

If you own a week in any of the suites that will still be down, you will be able to do an In-House Exchange at the Quarter House for either alternative accommodations during your week or for a week at a different time of year. Because of limited accommodations, it will be imperative to let us know if you wish to occupy your week. Quarter House will attempt at the best of our abilities to accommodate you, but we do ask you to understand our limitations.

Due to COVID, our normal parking garage that was used by our owners with a discount is no longer available. Unfortunately, you will have to seek alternative parking accommodations until further notice. If you need help finding parking, please contact the front desk.

It has been a long year without seeing most of our owners and we are looking forward to this day! Thank you for all your support and understanding during this truly unprecedented year. We value you and appreciate you and look forward to you coming home to the Jewel of the French Quarter!

Thank you,

Quarter House Management

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
Email from Quarter House received 12/29:

Dear Quarter House Owners,

We are happy to announce our partial reopening for January 1, 2021! This partial reopening means that we will now be able to accept reservations in the areas of the Quarter House that had no fire damage. There are still some suites down for repairs due to severe damage caused by fire and water damage.

If you own a week in any of the suites that will still be down, you will be able to do an In-House Exchange at the Quarter House for either alternative accommodations during your week or for a week at a different time of year. Because of limited accommodations, it will be imperative to let us know if you wish to occupy your week. Quarter House will attempt at the best of our abilities to accommodate you, but we do ask you to understand our limitations.

Due to COVID, our normal parking garage that was used by our owners with a discount is no longer available. Unfortunately, you will have to seek alternative parking accommodations until further notice. If you need help finding parking, please contact the front desk.

It has been a long year without seeing most of our owners and we are looking forward to this day! Thank you for all your support and understanding during this truly unprecedented year. We value you and appreciate you and look forward to you coming home to the Jewel of the French Quarter!

Thank you,

Quarter House Management

Thanks @chapjim.

Does anyone know what are the suites that are still out of use?

Has anyone rebooked their 2020 week for use in 2021?

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
I have week 3 and will not be using my week this year, I’m so looking forward to being back in 2022. I love QH, so looking forward to when I can go back

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I saw someplace that Units 501 through 505 were out of service because of fire damage. Also, generally speaking, the units above the reception area were the ones most subject to water damage.

Unfortunately, I can't find the documents or emails that said that! The attached unit map may help -- it's not the greatest map ever (one of my units doesn't show).

Attachments

• Unit Map.pdf
    288.4 KB · Views: 26

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I sent an email to QH yesterday asking for updated status. Other than the 12/29 email and the one-liner on the website, I've heard nothing.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House provided this document, Phase II for New Orleans, effective 1/27/2021.

Attachments

• PHASE 2 NOLA LIST 1.27.21.pdf
    263 KB · Views: 39

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
I got this email back in November 2020. It looks like the QH is actively selling the rebuilt units:

Quarter House
Pre-Construction Suites Now Available for Sale
Now is the time to take advantage of a rare opportunity to own new construction in the heart of one of the most famous cities in the world!
French Quarter Charm Meets Modern Amenities
Carefully Constructed and Beautifully Designed Suites will Include:
  • Stainless Steel Appliances
  • Custom Cabinetry
  • Modern Stone Counter Tops
Please contact our Sales Department for more information on pricing and availability.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I wouldn't pay QH prices for any of their units. I won't live long enough to recover the cost!

Two or three years ago, I sat with their sales rep to find out what they had for sale. The rep asked me what I was looking for. Hard question to answer since QH has so many different variables -- Week #, size, location, etc. I asked to see the list. Oh, no, no, no! The developer doesn't want the list to be shown. So, I told her it sounds like the developer doesn't want the units to be sold and excused myself.

In retrospect, maybe QH doesn't really care if the units they own are sold. Unlike a lot of timeshare resorts, QH has an active hotel operation and may make more on the held inventory than if the units were sold and only collecting maintenance fees.

Maison Pierre Lafitte up Canal St. a few blocks has apparently converted to hotel operations. They were only too happy to take my two weeks off my hands (and I was only too happy to be done with them).

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
I'm glad I purchased my QH resale and I would be bummed if I could not use it in 2022, as I love QH and Nola, I just wish they kept the owners in the loop