• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Quarter House, NOLA

mamadot

TUG Member
Reaction score
At the Quarter House now. Interesting property. Walking distance to everything in the French Quarter. Checked in Friday and have walked all over today.
Tried the Gumbo Shop last night for dinner and it was wonderful. Had po boys at Felix today for lunch. Tomorrow renting a car for the day and visiting Plantations.

We have a 2bd/2ba room. Only one window in the entire suite. We have a view of the air conditioners! New remodeled unit and it looks very nice. The master has a huge very comfy king bed. It takes up the entire room and it is a tight squeeze to get to the bedroom. Since the one window is in the living room area the bedrooms are like having a inside cabin on a cruise ship.

Courtyard area off main lobby is very nice. Free breakfast on Sat. and Sun. mornings. Fruit, yogurt, bagels, coffee and juice. Tuesday is their Taste of New Orleans cooking demo. and Wed. is the wine and cheese evening.

Foreclosure and close out timeshares available at 1bd/1ba $4,900 cash/$5,400 financed, 2bd/1ba $7,900 cash/$8,400 financed.

rsnash

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Those are about the same prices I saw there a few years ago. I forgot about the window thing, I think that's pretty much all the units, the windows are only in the LR. Good to hear they now have king sized beds, although I'm not surprised that they take up the whole room. It was pretty narrow in the bedrooms with queen sized beds to begin with.

Palace Cafe is right around the corner, be sure to try the bananas foster there, they make more of a show of it than at Brennan's, where it was invented. It is also a Brennan restaurant, btw. Mr. B's is also an excellent Brennan's restaurant.

You might want to try Luke's, that's not far from you either, especially if you get tired of New Orleans food, as it has an Alsatian bent. I really like Parkway Bakery or Domilise's for PoBoys, but neither are in the FQ.

Last edited:

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Mamadot,

Go to this previous Tug Thread and scroll down to see my recommendation for the Carousel Bar in the Monteleone hotel which is about a block away from the Quarter House.

Enjoy your visit to the Plantations - when we were at the Quarter House a couple of years ago we rented a car and visited several plantations. We decided this was a better option than going with a tour group because the tours only take you to about 2 plantations and we were able to do several in a day - definitely worth it and one of the highlights of our trip.

We went to Laura Plantation (A Creole Plantation)
www.lauraplantation.com
2247 Highway 18
Vacherie, LA 70090
Built 1805 - where the B'er Rabbit stories originated

Oak Alley Plantation
3645 Hwy 18 (River Road)
Vacherie, LA 70090
Famous 1/2 mile alley of 300 year old live oaks
www.oakalleyplantation.com

San Francisco Plantation
2646 Hwy 44 (River Road)
Garyville, LA 70051
www.sanfranciscoplantation.org/

Houmas House Plantation and Gardens
40136 Highway 942
Darrow, LA 70725
Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte with Bette Davis was filmed here
Visitors receive a commemrrative hand fan, complete with a litany of "fanning gestures" used by Southern Belles to communicate feelings, attitudes, status, and intentions. http://www.houmashouse.com/

Nottoway Plantation
30970 Highway 405
White Castle, LA 70788
www.nottoway.com/
Nottoway was our last stop of the day and we had dinner there - very elegant. Edited to add I just learned Nottoway is closed through September for renovations.

Also if you like the French Impressionist artists, visit the Degas House
while you're in New Orleans. It's located on Esplanade Avenue just 11 blocks from the French Quarter. You have to call and make a reservation to do a tour - our guide was one of his great-great-great grand nieces and gave us interesting family tidbits. http://www.degashouse.com/

Enjoy your stay,

Richard

Last edited:

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think if you are really interested in a quarter house unit, you can pick one up a resale on eBay or another source for 50-60% of those prices