• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Quarter House-Looking for Recommendations for what to do?

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Hi Everyone,

I leave this week for NOLA and my first stay at QH. I'm really looking forward to the trip.

This is my first ever visit to NOLA, can I ask for some recommendations?

1. What places should I absolutely eat at?
  2. What should I for sure see?
  3. Most unique and Fun thing to do while there?

thank you everyone...

hjtug

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Tours we enjoyed from QH

Walking tour of French Quarter - provided at no charge by QH. If you are interested sign up at check-in since group size is limited.

VIP City Tours bus tour of New Orleans. They will pick you up at QH.

Treme' walking tour. We "earned" two tickets by having a chat with the QH salesperson.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tours we enjoyed from QH

Walking tour of French Quarter - provided at no charge by QH. If you are interested sign up at check-in since group size is limited.

VIP City Tours bus tour of New Orleans. They will pick you up at QH.

Treme' walking tour. We "earned" two tickets by having a chat with the QH salesperson.

These all sound great, thanks for the suggestions...

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
we did many tours while we were there, mostly through Greyline. I am forgetting details but there is a terrific WWII museum there, the Garden District is worth seeing, a cemetery tour, a city tour, and a boat trip. Also went to see the site of the Battle of New Orleans.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
we did many tours while we were there, mostly through Greyline. I am forgetting details but there is a terrific WWII museum there, the Garden District is worth seeing, a cemetery tour, a city tour, and a boat trip. Also went to see the site of the Battle of New Orleans.

I'm a huge WWII buff, I will need to check out the museum, and its awesome to know that its a great museum to see….thanks so much

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
To do the WWII Museum properply you need two days. It is pretty intensive. Liked Red Fish Restaurant on Bourbon St. My wife who does not normally eat Oysters wanted most of mine. The double chocolate bread pudding is very good - one order for two people to share. Frenchmen Street for music.

Bailey#1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC SSR BWV, Avenue Plaza, Redington Ambassador
What are your interests?

There are many types of music halls... Great jazz clubs check out this video at the Spotted Cat on Frenchmen street https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nOlvIiTZok
There are Swing Dancing lessons at various places.
There are many Cooking schools in the area.
As for restaurants there are too many to lists!

Other good web site to visit
http://www.neworleansonline.com/new...=attractions&gclid=CObj1M_nocoCFcMRHwodS3sH3w

For events this is a good site www.offbeat.com
Here is a coupon site http://www.neworleansonline.com/assets/pdfs/coupons/coupons.pdf

Last edited:

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can add a second WWII museum day for only $6. I highly recommend adding the second day. The two campaigns, one of which just opened a few weeks ago, have doubled the time it takes to absorb everything.

For high end local flavors that are near the QH I recommend K-Pauls.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
For cheap food, 24/7 breakfast, 24/7 long neck beers, free refills on Bloody Marys, and indifferent service, you can't beat Daisy Duke's, two doors away from Quarter House.

We've probably eaten more meals at Daisy Duke's than the all the other restaurants in N.O. combined!

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
For cheap food, 24/7 breakfast, 24/7 long neck beers, free refills on Bloody Marys, and indifferent service, you can't beat Daisy Duke's, two doors away from Quarter House.

We've probably eaten more meals at Daisy Duke's than the all the other restaurants in N.O. combined!
so you can refill the bloody Mary but only if the wait staff bothers to come to your table?:rolleyes:

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
so you can refill the bloody Mary but only if the wait staff bothers to come to your table?:rolleyes:

The wait staff is always right there. It's not a big place. They will refill as many times as you want but a heavy drinker after their money's worth will pass out on the floor before the house comes close to taking a loss. Vodka is already cheap and it doesn't get much cheaper than bottom shelf vodka. You can buy an entire bottle for less than $10.

Eggs, hash browns, and toast/biscuit is $2.99 before 9AM. Only $4.50 with the meat. It's not great and it's not bad but can't beat the price. They have good fried green tomatoes.

Last edited:

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
wish I had known about it when I was there.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I love Jazz Music, I love unique and interesting places to eat and I love Mystical type places....thanks for helping to give me some suggestions

What are your interests?

There are many types of music halls... Great jazz clubs check out this video at the Spotted Cat on Frenchmen street https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nOlvIiTZok

http://www.neworleansonline.com/new...=attractions&gclid=CObj1M_nocoCFcMRHwodS3sH3w

Here is a coupon site http://www.neworleansonline.com/assets/pdfs/coupons/coupons.pdf

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Baily, These websites you linked below are amazing...thanks so much

What are your interests?

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm so doing this...thanks

You can add a second WWII museum day for only $6. I highly recommend adding the second day. The two campaigns, one of which just opened a few weeks ago, have doubled the time it takes to absorb everything.

For high end local flavors that are near the QH I recommend K-Pauls.

Here There

TUG Member
Reaction score
Take a bus tour for a basic orientation...here's a groupon special:

https://www.groupon.com/deals/southern-style-tours-1-10

Since as a QH owner we can assume that you'll be returning to NOLA regularly, you can add to the list for an urban experience that's uniquely yours.

falmouth3

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Here There

TUG Member
Reaction score
Would do it, but not going till December and only good for 150 days.

I usually check out both Groupon and LivingSocial for restaurant and tour deals 1 to 3 months before check-in all the while being mindful that there might be additional 15-20% markdowns.

For today only LS offers add'l 20% off -- use code POP.

Here There

TUG Member
Reaction score
Todays Deal on Groupon is a good one… Extra 25% off with code: SAVE25

New Orleans Creole Cookery
https://www.groupon.com/deals/new-orleans-creole-cookery

$40 for Lunch – M to W for $8.00 (w/code its $6.00)

Thanks! I just bought one for my upcoming trip in Feb. I ate there last time, sat in the courtyard and ordered an oyster sampler.

I usually use Groupon & Living Social specials to venture out of the tourist areas once I get oriented (after repeated visits) to know some nearby neighborhoods. Two local eateries I recently discovered: Katies (mid-city on the Canal streetcar route) and Live Oak cafe (near the end of the Charles streetcar line). I felt lucky to be able to rub shoulders with locals there amidst a lively Sunday brunch scene, esp. after hearing a tour guide comment that locals hardly dine out at finer restaurants anymore.

Other ways to meet locals: Attend an event -- there's something going on practically every week: http://www.neworleansonline.com/calendar/year.html

Or watch a Saints game at a sports bar.

Greg G

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Star Island Kissimmee FL
Central Grocery - For muffulettas. Love that olive salad on them. These are absolutely fantastic.

Mother’s - For the Ferdie Po’ Boy. Very good. The bread pudding was great

Blaine Kern’s Mardi Gras World

Greg

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I usually check out both Groupon and LivingSocial for restaurant and tour deals 1 to 3 months before check-in all the while being mindful that there might be additional 15-20% markdowns.

For today only LS offers add'l 20% off -- use code POP.

Thanks for the 20% off code...

Bailey#1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC SSR BWV, Avenue Plaza, Redington Ambassador
Have a good time in NOLA!