• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Quarter house/dream vacations week

arc

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own a week at Quarterhouse in New Orieans. We have been receiving calls asking us to reserve an hour for a phone presentation regarding Something new regarding Quarterhouse an Interval International. Has anyone else experienced this? What is this? Information from the caller is rather vague, and we are hesitant to waste the time.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Anyone who calls you is 99% likely to be a scam. Don't take their calls - don't set up an appointment.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
everything is not a scam I got a similar call from my ownership at another New Orleans Resort. trying to sell me on converting to II points The resort had contracted with a sales company to do this

Ill bet the quarter house did the same thing

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
trying to sell me on converting to ii points
= SCAM

*Please note that Ron has previously posted that he doesn't mind talking to telephone solicitors. I'd say that he is in the minority here.

Last edited:

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Denise,
I don't understand why you are calling this a scam. Dictionary.com describes a scam thus:
a confidence game or other fraudulent scheme, especially for making a quick profit; swindle.

The call was from a legitimate seller/converter who is dealing with Quarter House ownerships right now. They have the approval of Quarter House to do so.

While you may not approve of what they are doing, and may feel that it is not the best course for most people, it is not a scam.

You can't dismiss me as someone who doesn't mind talking to telephone solicitors, because I *do* mind. But I generally try to find out who or what they are about before I hang up. That is, if they can spit it out in a minute or less. THEN I hang up.

Fern

= SCAM

*Please note that Ron has previously posted that he doesn't mind talking to telephone solicitors. I'd say that he is in the minority here.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
In my opinion, soliciting people to pay big bucks to convert their timeshare to points is a scam.

In my opinion, these telephone solicitors lie to owners, leading them to believe that if they don't convert to points, they will no longer have the same access to their timeshares.

In my opinion, if this owner is interested in converting to points - they should independently research the option - not talk to a telephone solicitor.

YMMV :hi:

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
If anyone wants to give the amount given for the Interval points conversion either here or in a new post, I would love to know for data points.

normalrog

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not getting phone calls, but I have been getting this email periodically for the last few months. Seems like the same thing. It's on QH email letterhead and signed by "Quarter House New Orleans Management." The email appears to originate from ownerupdate@quarterhouse.com, so it seems authorized by QH.

Dear Quarter House Owner,

As you may know the timeshare industry is ever changing. Online meetings are being conducted to inform Quarter House owners of recent developments. For participating in an online meeting and providing feedback you will receive a Dream Vacation Week.

Some of the issues covered in the seminar:
• The resale market, for owners who are interested in resale
• The elimination of the color seasons by R.C.I. and Interval International
• Understanding the Credit and TDI indexes that replaced the color seasons (very important when trading)
• The resorts decision to enroll in Club Interval
• How to improve your chances when making an exchange
Click Here to view available times and schedule you appointment.

For more information call 504-313-6000
Details for the Dream Vacation Week can be found on www.viewdreamvacationweek.com
Enter access code XXXXXXX

Sincerely,

Quarter House New Orleans Management

Forward this email

This email was sent to xxxxxxxx by ownerupdate@quarterhouse.com |
Update Profile/Email Address | Rapid removal with SafeUnsubscribe™ | About our service provider.

Quarter House New Orleans | 129 Chartres Street | New Orleans | LA | 70130

Greg G

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Star Island Kissimmee FL
normalrog

That is the exact same e-mail I have gotten but with my Resorts Letterhead on it. I haven't called yet to see what conversion cost they are quoting.

Greg

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I don't think they will quote you a price for calling. I think you will have to call, make an appointment and they will tell you the price as a part of the hard sell.

Greg G

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Star Island Kissimmee FL
tschwa2, agree. That's what I was trying to avoid.

Greg

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
The email is NOT from the Quarter House. The email is actually from the Outfield Resort Group PRETENDING to be the Quarter House.

Even though the QH has given authorization it is still a scam in every sense of the word. They are being purposefully deceitful in who they are and what they want in order to turn "a quick profit". It absolutely falls under the definition of a scam.

If you want proof of the email actually being ORG just click unsubscribe.

Please Confirm Your Unsubscribe

Are you sure you wish to stop ALL emails from Outfield Resort Group sent to your email address?

If this is not your email address, there is no need to unsubscribe. You have not been added to any mailing lists.

Verify email address:

Getting someone's "approval" doesn't change the deceitful and predatory business that is being practiced. How many customers are glad they spent over $3,000 and an additional annual fee for this points program? There is a reason why the ORG is hiding it's name. Using their name would decrease the number of fish they would initially catch for the online scam pitch.

Last edited:

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also, if challenged this email might not even be legal in all places. It probably depends on if the eventual business transaction is between owner and QH or owner and ORG. Either way, it's still not an honest advertisement. It also completely contradicts the owner of ORG getting on TUG claiming that they never call an owner claiming to be QH.

Shameless.....

Sarah Gordon

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, New Orleans
Ok, so I did the stupid thing and joined, is there a way out of this SCAM?

Mgdoucet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Marriott Willow Ridge
I own several weeks at Quarter House. One was bought directly from Quarter House, a 2BR that gave me 45,500 RCI points included in the purchase I received the same call as OP offering me a dream vacation week if I had an hour phone presentation giving info about Interval International's new points system. I called Quarter House to see if they were legit and was told they were. So I figured I'd see what they had to say and get a bonus week for my time. After I was told about how great the point system was, I informed them that my week was already enrolled in RCI points. The salesman seemed confused, and after several minutes speaking with his boss, he told me I wasn't eligible for Interval's points because I was already in RCI. Evidently Quarter House had not informed them I was already enrolled in RCI points. I was told I would still get the dream week certificate. It took me numerous phone calls to get the certificate. If I wouldn't have been so persistent, I never would have received it. To top it off, I never used it because there wasn't much available. It was like one of those accommodation certificates that appear in your account that you never use.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
ORG is apparently still at it. I got an email inquiry from a friend who had been contacted. He's a new owner at QH so maybe that's the deal -- just contact new owners.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
ORG is apparently still at it. I got an email inquiry from a friend who had been contacted. He's a new owner at QH so maybe that's the deal -- just contact new owners.
I got a call from QH yesterday. It had something to do with II but I wasn't in the mood to chat.

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
Yeah, got that call as well. ORG is listed right on the main Quarter House website, so I'm assuming it's not a scam.

Anyone have details on what they're selling?

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
I got a call today saying they were from Quarter House and before he could start his speal, I told him I was not interested...

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
vacation village parkway and links golf and raquet
Interval used to sell a bundle of 12 dream weeks for about $10 The redemption rate used to be about $399 for their ever dwindling surplus inventory. The bang for your buck for attending is pretty low. I would pass