• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ April 2020 ] Quarantine TV Habits: What are you watching?

DancingWaters

TUG Member
Reaction score
We drove around last Saturday and saw a HUGE painted pice of plywood in a yard along the road. It said “Honk if you think Carole killed her husband.” We were shocked someone would have that in their yard and thought it was about someone they knew. We came home and turned on Netflix and watch the Tiger King. We cracked up laughing that we were so ignorant.

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
Finished season 3 of Ozark and season 4 of Money Heist. Just started Season 3 of Fauda tonight. All worthwhile shows!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Watching Bosch season 6 right now. Rick and my stepdad just love it. I just sit with my computer on my lap (like right now).

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Today, I spent three hours watching Andrew Lloyd Webber's Phantom of the Opera...
The 25th Anniversary show from Royal Albert Hall on YouTube's The Show Must Go On channel.
We used our big-screen TV. Pretty remarkable.

------------------
It reminded me of the time I saw Eric Clapton in concert at the Royal Albert Hall.

Last edited:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
We just noticed we get free HBO this weekend so we are recording some crap we probably won’t watch. :)

Now my wife finds “The Descendants “ on so that’s what we’re watching now.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Now my wife finds “The Descendants “ on so that’s what we’re watching now.

Such a great movie. I enjoy watching it most for the scenery. I like identifying places where they filmed it.

My favorite line: "We're haole as sh*t." Any Caucasian who lives in Hawaii and loves it as much as I did can identify with that line. No matter how much you want to be part of Hawaiian culture, there will always be a limiting factor. I could walk the walk and talk the talk, but at the end of the day, bloodline was a determining factor. My Local friends understood and accepted me, but even they knew I would always be something of an outsider.

Dave

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
“My favorite line: "We're haole as sh*t." Any Caucasian who lives in Hawaii and loves it as much as I did can identify with that line. No matter how much you want to be part of Hawaiian culture, there will always be a limiting factor. I could walk the walk and talk the talk, but at the end of the day, bloodline was a determining factor. My Local friends understood and accepted me, but even they knew I would always be something of an outsider.”

No doubt. Even someone who visits often can relate.:thumbup:

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC
I have been watching a lot of CNN lately due to the Covid 19 happenings and the Trump factor. I actually enjoy listening to Chris Cuomo and find his closing monologues very uplifting. Not political here...it's just that I enjoy how he frames his arguments for a position.

Then for some levity my husband and I just finished watching Season 3 of Ozarks. OMG. The first two seasons were intriguing but this last one just blew me away with the acting. Wendy just stole the series...she is an amazing actress and in a show with 3 other strong female characters they tore up the screen with their outsized personalities. Lady Macbeth had nothing on these four ladies.

With our lives being mostly turned upside down with the social isolation and distancing my husband and I have been doing....Ozarks felt like we were just at home with normal mayhem and not the one that was just outside our doors.

Having said that....here in Canada we seem to be following established medical protocol and our world seems more or less sane. Keep calm and carry on...our British inheritance is our bedrock for social behavior. Boring never felt so safe.

Ozarks is a great series

So is Money Heist and Yellowstone

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Today, I spent three hours watching Andrew Lloyd Webber's Phantom of the Opera...
The 25th Anniversary show from Royal Albert Hall on YouTube's The Show Must Go On channel.
We used our big-screen TV. Pretty remarkable.

------------------
It reminded me of the time I saw Eric Clapton in concert at the Royal Albert Hall.
I hesitated watching this as I thought "but live shows are so much better". I'd seen Phantom twice in San Francisco. But I watched, and I'm so glad I did. The voices were amazing. And if you watch all the way through to the end, since it was the 25th anniversary, there are some great surprises. Now I'm hoping they do "Evita".

Paul_C

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Pacific Palisades
Finished season 3 of Ozark and season 4 of Money Heist. Just started Season 3 of Fauda tonight. All worthwhile shows!

We love Ozark and watch every season; have heard of Money Heist but haven’t seen it yet. Thank you for the recommendation, Luvtoride!

Paul_C

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Pacific Palisades
Watching Bosch season 6 right now. Rick and my stepdad just love it. I just sit with my computer on my lap (like right now).

I have to agree with Rick and your stepdad, Cindy! Bosch is one of my favorites!

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Watching a lot of Disney + w/ the kids. Netflix, Acorn, and Britbox. I have even re watched Vera and Lewis. I am thrilled Bosch is back and watched the 1st episode. Very happy w/ Bosch season this time around.

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
I love mafia and organized crime movies/shows. I just watched Zerozerozero on Amazon prime.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you haven't watched Murdoch Mysteries it is an amazing series. It is Canadian and you can get them on Acorn. They are on Season 13 and still going strong. Acorn is a $4.99 per month add-on through Amazon Prime. I would rate this as the best on-going series. It has light humor and alot of scientific discoveries which we now know to be true thrown into the each episode to help solve the crime and the series is set at the turn of the century, late 1800 and early 1900.

We also just finished 6 seasons of Brokenwood Mysteries from New Zealand. Their accent is a little hard to understand and the series is solid.

We do not care for most American-made shows while we love Canadian, Australian, New Zealand and British shows and we watch these mainly on Acorn and some on Prime.

Last edited:

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
Currently, my DW, DD and I are binge watching The Golden Girls on Netflix. I had forgotten how funny it was. DW and I watched it, of course, during its original run from 1985-1992. Our daughter was born in 1984 so she wasn’t old enough to enjoy it then. I think she caught me watching it on cable a couple of weeks ago (when I couldn’t find anything else) and heard me laughing so she asked if we could all watch it together. If you can get past the video quality, it is fantastic. It holds up really well and the jokes are just non-stop. I rarely laugh out loud at anything on TV. I do it constantly watching this show and so do my wife and daughter. I’m glad we found it again.

Rjbeach2003

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have Amazon Prime and Netflix. Bosch:thumbup: Ozark:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Tiger King:thumbup: The Crown:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:(although finished before this mess)Kim's Convenience:thumbup::thumbup: Reruns 30 Rock:thumbup::thumbup:

I watch Babylon Berlin and Better Call Saul, my wife doesn't, and she watches Grey's Anatomy and Bull while I don't.

Foreign series like Rake from Australia, Occupied from Norway, Bordertown from Finland are a few. I search them out.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Currently, my DW, DD and I are binge watching The Golden Girls on Netflix. I had forgotten how funny it was. DW and I watched it, of course, during its original run from 1985-1992. Our daughter was born in 1984 so she wasn’t old enough to enjoy it then. I think she caught me watching it on cable a couple of weeks ago (when I couldn’t find anything else) and heard me laughing so she asked if we could all watch it together. If you can get past the video quality, it is fantastic. It holds up really well and the jokes are just non-stop. I rarely laugh out loud at anything on TV. I do it constantly watching this show and so do my wife and daughter. I’m glad we found it again.

Great television is great anytime. I agree about Golden Girls - it was smart writing, a little on the edge, and believable. The casting was perfect. (Did you know when they started they wanted Betty White to play Blanche, based on the Sue Ann character on The Mary Tyler Moore Show? Betty turned it down because she'd already played that part. She was great playing Rose instead.)

I saw a Facebook post today where someone posted a video clip from Cheers, where a customer said he worked for a virus laboratory, working on deadly viruses. As soon as he left the bar, everybody sprang into action, cleaning up after him. It was funny, but hit a little close to home, thirty years later. :)

Dave

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
Great television is great anytime. I agree about Golden Girls - it was smart writing, a little on the edge, and believable. The casting was perfect. (Did you know when they started they wanted Betty White to play Blanche, based on the Sue Ann character on The Mary Tyler Moore Show? Betty turned it down because she'd already played that part. She was great playing Rose instead.)

I saw a Facebook post today where someone posted a video clip from Cheers, where a customer said he worked for a virus laboratory, working on deadly viruses. As soon as he left the bar, everybody sprang into action, cleaning up after him. It was funny, but hit a little close to home, thirty years later. :)

Dave
No, I don’t think I’ve ever heard that. I do remember that Estelle Getty was actually the youngest of the four.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
We have Amazon Prime and Netflix. Bosch:thumbup: Ozark:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Tiger King:thumbup: The Crown:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:(although finished before this mess)Kim's Convenience:thumbup::thumbup: Reruns 30 Rock:thumbup::thumbup:

I watch Babylon Berlin and Better Call Saul, my wife doesn't, and she watches Grey's Anatomy and Bull while I don't.

Foreign series like Rake from Australia, Occupied from Norway, Bordertown from Finland are a few. I search them out.
Need to watch new season of Babylon Berlin. And new Bordertown is 5/15. Love both.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Had to meet up with the electrician on Thursday at my mountain vacation home (2.5 hour drive) plus moving some antique bedroom furniture up there. And stayed for 4 nights. I DO NOT HAVE cable TV up there (see avatar picture) … it is in the woods in the Poconos Mountains and I had it built in 1977. I came back today (Sunday) and I went NO WHERES for anything. In the woods miles from TV broadcast centers (remember, cable TV was first started in the coal mountains of the Poconos) …. NYC and Philadelphia are 100+/- miles away.

First few years, the was some :eek:ver the air' TV, Then the local stations did NOT convert to digital broadcast medium.

Recently, the Federal government mandated that "over the air" access be increased. I went from watching 1 or 2 channels and MANY DVD movies to 10 "over the air channels". This is not NYC, PHL or Chicago level TV programming with ABC, CBS or NBC It is the local TV stations broadcasting from Allentown …. or off towers with dishes from somewhere with reruns from the before the 1950 and up. Yes,, some black and white shows TV series and the early years of color. Better than nothing … more choices today than a few years ago.

jtp1947

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Marriott, Boston Custom House
Mrs. America on Hulu. Deals with the attempted passage of the ERA in the 70's.

geoand

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have 55 inch flat screen. For the past 7 years we have been running vacation photos through AppleTV. DW is an avid photographer & we have thousands of photos. They run as a screen saver on the flat screen during the day. In the evenings we watch videos of DD and her dog on TV. We cast them onto the screen from our iPhones. Then we watch about 3 to 4 hours of TV through various apps. Everything we watch is commercial free, including The Voice. We watch shows from Europe and Great Britain, medical dramas, police procedurals, movies, etc. We haven't watched the NEWS since we got rid of Comcast and DirectTV.

PBS app, Prime Video, Hulu, Acorn, Britbox, CBS all access, Netflix are most of the apps we use.

I enjoy seeing the vacation shots during the day. We don't sit and watch. We go about our routine and we both will remark about a shot on the tv and say to ourselves or each other that was a great day or great shot. Many times I get the place wrong but DW will tell me where and when the shot was taken. Yes, there are repeats but there are many that I haven't seen in a long time.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
We're enjoying Money Heist so much that we bought another Sony smart blue ray player that we hooked up to the bedroom TV.

Now we can binge-watch upright in the family room or horizontally in bed.

Is this a great country or what ?

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​