• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ April 2020 ] Quarantine TV Habits: What are you watching?

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
We have watched a ton of series since the covid limited our travels and social life.. Yellowstone, Tiger King, The Undoing, etc.

Web started watch Big Sky, which is from David R. Kelly like the Undoing.. I also started the Mandalorian on Disney Plus..

Kind of late to the party, but I just started the Handmaids Tale on Hulu, not sure if i like it enough to watch the whole series yet.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
The Umbrella Academy on Netflix. Very quirky show about a dysfunctional superhero family. The soundtrack for is awesome and the show is even better.

Here’s the trailer

My wife and I just started The Boys on Amazon Prime. It’s about a group of vigilantes keeping tabs on superhero’s who have run amok

Here’s the trailer

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
We just watched The Prom on Netflix. If you get past the “Glee” like vibe it is a feel good musical movie with a great message and a talented cast of big names. James Corbin is awesome but Meryl Streep seems out of her element. Still a fun movie for my wife and I to watch together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

geoand

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We just watched The Prom on Netflix. If you get past the “Glee” like vibe it is a feel good musical movie with a great message and a talented cast of big names. James Corbin is awesome but Meryl Streep seems out of her element. Still a fun movie for my wife and I to watch together.

I am planning on watching this & will enjoy the “Glee like vibe” also.

sun starved Gayle

TUG Member
Reaction score
Read a recommendation for a French show on Netflix called “Call My Agent”. It has subtitles, we are enjoying it.
Also the new version of “All Creatures Great and Small on PBS.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Watching House of Cards.......

Might have to look into Flight Attendant

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Just started Miss Scarlet and the Duke on PBS.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Been binge watching Discovery Plus channels. It's nice catching up on episodes of favorite shows I've missed. Also watching CBS streaming on Apple TV, because it also contains high-definition versions of the Smithsonian Channel shows. Found an entire season of Big Brother, called "Over The Top," an online version that was never broadcast. Watched the very first season of Survivor, which I hadn't ever seen. Nice to have the background on that series.

All in, I'm watching waaaaay too much television. :D

Dave

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
Just finished watching “One Night in Miami” on Amazon Prime Video. What a great and appropriate movie to watch on MLK Day. Should definitely check it out!

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Before I started watching House of Cards, I tried to watch Uncut Gems with Adam Sandler.....I could not get into it and had to turn it off.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Amazon Prime....Belgravia.
..........Belgravia is a historical drama miniseries, set in the 19th century, based on the 2016 novel of the same name
by Julian Fellowes (Downton Abbey)—both named after Belgravia, an affluent district of London.

Netflix....Lupin.

Last edited:

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Before I started watching House of Cards, I tried to watch Uncut Gems with Adam Sandler.....I could not get into it and had to turn it off.
Same with me - used the F*** word way too much.

Richard

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark

There are very few movies we don't watch to the end, even if we say "well that was two wasted hours" when we finish. Uncut Gems got turned off after 30-40 minutes.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Same with me - used the F*** word way too much.

Richard

I find using the word - for every other word so unnecessary......it does not make a movie better. That turns me off to.

There are very few movies we don't watch to the end, even if we say "well that was two wasted hours" when we finish. Uncut Gems got turned off after 30-40 minutes.

You lasted more than I did :sneaky:

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Because my husband has been snowboarding all day and then watching football all night (I hate January) I have been watching shows that would not appeal to him. First I watched Brigerton (Spelling?) on netflix and now I'm watching Virgin River. The scenery on Virgin River is spectacular so I looked up where it was filmed and it was filmed just north of Vancouver. I should have guessed!

DJensen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just finished The Reckoning on Netflix - good plot twists throughout, ending a little meh!
Also, started watching The Bee Gees ( 2 hours) on HBOMax - very interesting as I was born in 1968 and so I knew abou their later songs, but not all of the albums in early 70s.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points

I tried Uncut Gems due to all the praise and awards, but i found it annoying and turned it off as well. Did not enjoy the part we watched.

emeryjre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jack Irish on Acorn TV is one of my favorite shows of the last 12 months. Done by the Australian Broadcast Company. Some great characters in Jack's life. Watch the Movies first and then the 2 seasons if you decide to check it out. IMDB.com will give you reviews if you would like to evaluate before you sign up for a free trial.

Paumavista

TUG Member
Reaction score
We binged on "THE OFFICE" for the past 6 weeks, Fun! Now we're watching Sopranos. I've already binged "Game of Thrones" and "Breaking Bad" in the past 3 years....we just watch an episode or two each night for a couple weeks/months (makes it much easier to follow story lines and characters). But I'd recommend both for anyone who hasn't seen them. We also enjoyed "Fargo". The Americans, Walking Dead & Lost were good shows but got gross & too rough for me at the end....too bad when a show loses everything interesting in the last season or so. (Didn't like the end of Thrones either). The Office has such a nice wrap-up.

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas 2
Marriott Grand Chateau
Just finished Poldark (via Amazon Prime) last night.

Now we need to find another British program. We're enjoying the British stuff (the storytelling, the costumes, the photography) so much more than American-made programming.

spirit1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Banff Rocky Mountain Resort
We started watching Babylon Berlin a couple of weeks ago. Watched the first season but could not make sense of it all. Beautifully filmed German series with very compelling acting by the two main leads. Decadent life in Berlin between the two wars is the background to a detective solving what is supposedly a vice crime. Connections to the rise of Hitler and the corruption of local police are also subplots. Throw in addiction issues and prostitution and it all adds up to a very dark show. But it is beautifully filmed and acted and we hung in there.
When we watched the second season everything seemed to fall into place. We are just finishing Season 2 and looking forward to Season 3 and hopefully Season 4 when it airs on Netflix.

There is very little information on this show on the internet but I found this

I sure wish I had this explanation as we struggled to make sense of Season 1. I can't find any good explanations for the other seasons yet but this should help a lot if you want to give this show a try. Nothing on tv like it. Cabaret for the ages without the music.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
For those who are Star Wars fans, we watched Mandalorian series on Disney Plus over the holidays. Great to watch with family.