• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ April 2020 ] Quarantine TV Habits: What are you watching?

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
I have thoroughly enjoyed Netflix, non-US based shows: The Durrells of Corfu, Call the Midwife, Broadchurch, Occupied, Borgen, and a few others.

Add, the Spanish series (3 seasons), Casa de Papel, or the English title Money Heist! Excellent show if you haven’t watched it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I signed up for Epix on Amazon Video special 99 cents a month trial so I could watch Belgravia, the latest from Julian Fellows (Downton Abbey).

I’ve been also watching Pennyworth on there, its different, about the origin of Bruce Wayne’s butler, Alfred Pennyworth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Merbears

TUG Member
Reaction score
Queens Gambit & Anne with an E , ironically both about red headed orphan girls. One is not family friendly, while the other is. Both good so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Breezy52

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark Platinum Owner
I Can only stand watching TV that I've recorded and can zip through, the commercials, the inane parts and the too violent parts. And although politics has gotten exhausting, my recent favorite Borgen on Netflix, taught me about the parlimentary system in Denmark. It's Danish, dubbed in English with subtitles if needed. It was 3 very interesting and enjoyable seasons, just loved it. Give it a Go~

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
We started watching Breaking Bad. I cannot believe that I actually worry they are going to get caught. It's rather an odd emotion for me.

Right now I am watching Christmas movies. I love the season.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure if I have posted here....

I have watched The Tiger King, Don't F.....with the Cats, McMillions, Queens Gambit, Ozark and almost done with Season 4 of The Crown.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Cliff is not much of a TV watcher at all -- 60 Minutes and the evening news if I remind him to turn his TV on. But I thought he'd like Queen's Gambit, and he watched that with me. He liked Victoria on PBS, so I got him watching The Crown. After I watched two episodes of Borgen, I called him in to repeat those with me to see if he liked them, so now we watch an hour almost every evening. I think he'd like House of Cards, and it has been long enough ago that I watched it that it will seem new to me (except I won't get blindsided by girl meets train this time). I try to find a movie for us on Saturday night -- we watched The Healer which was cute, family suitable, and a nice way to spend an evening, and Hillbilly Elegy -- now he's convinced his family background is "white trash" and bought books on the subject on Amazon. Cliff, there is a difference between being poor and being "trash"!

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
I'm exploring the free apps I get from Comcast. YouTube, Peacock, Pluto, and others.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
"Queen's Gambit" was one of the best series I've seen......absolutely among my top 5 of all time.
Totally got me sucked in----it started slow, even quite morbid, but I've learned to stick with it, and as it usually goes,
after 3 episodes I didn't want to stop watching it. I used to play chess, so.......
The ending was as good as it gets. One of the best feel-good stories in a long time. I even recorded Harmon's final "walk in the park"
on my phone so I can rewatch it every now and then......I thought the storyline brilliant, and the acting superb.

(Watching The Undoing now, and halfway in, it can't light a candle to Queen's Gambit, imho.
Many are raving about The Undoing, but so much about it irks me.....
Nicole Kidman has never been among my favorite actresses.....)

Last edited:

PrairieGirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Running out of things to watch on Amazon Prime (where is that next season of Bosch!) so I signed up for a free month of Hulu.

Right now we are binging (and I mean binging because there are something like 7 seasons!) on Sons of Anarchy. I wasn't sure about it after the first 2 episodes, but now I'm ALL IN. The acting is VERY good (especially the mother) and the gore and sex are mostly left up to your imagination (with just enough to get your mind running). It is disturbing and to me actually sad, but also very captivating. I felt exactly the same way about Breaking Bad. Once you feel like you "know" the characters, you want to keep going to see what happens.

But before we stopped watching Prime, I did watch the movie "The Report". Again, incredible acting.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Tonight I'm starting "Your Honor" with Brian Cranston on Showtime.

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Grande Ocean
Not sure if I have posted here....

I have watched The Tiger King, Don't F.....with the Cats, McMillions, Queens Gambit, Ozark and almost done with Season 4 of The Crown.

I’m finally watching The Crown and wondering why it took me so long to “try” this outstanding series! I’m Almost thru season 2 and hoping I can savor season 3 and 4 as most say it gets better!

I just started “The Pack”on Amazon and I have to say, I was surprised by how “endearing” this series is. Who can resist Dogs and their doting owners in a version of “The Amazing Race”. Looks like it’s going to be a lot of fun to watch.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
"Queen's Gambit" was one of the best series I've seen......absolutely among my top 5 of all time.
Totally got me sucked in----it started slow, even quite morbid, but I've learned to stick with it, and as it usually goes,
after 3 episodes I didn't want to stop watching it. I used to play chess, so.......
The ending was as good as it gets. One of the best feel-good stories in a long time. I even recorded Harmon's final "walk in the park"
on my phone so I can rewatch it every now and then......I thought the storyline brilliant, and the acting superb.

(Watching The Undoing now, and halfway in, it can't light a candle to Queen's Gambit, imho.
Many are raving about The Undoing, but so much about it irks me.....
Nicole Kidman has never been among my favorite actresses.....)

Enjoyed Queen's Gambit :)

Enjoyed Undoing - why - It was 6 Episodes and watching the episodes I could not figure out who did the killing. The dad? The wife? The son? The accused? The victim's husband? Most of the time I figure out who the guilty party is but not this time. So I like that it was not predictable to me :)

Last edited:

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m finally watching The Crown and wondering why it took me so long to “try” this outstanding series! I’m Almost thru season 2 and hoping I can savor season 3 and 4 as most say it gets better!

I did not even know about The Crown until others starting mentioning it on another forum. Did not really know too much about the Royal family. Whatever I knew more or less what when Diana came into the picture. One hears and reads bits and pieces. This story has made the Queen human and made me understand a little bit of why she is the way "I think she is". Interesting knowing the dynamics of the family too. Who knows how accurate these stories are - obviously always some drama/more words put into it. They cannot possible know everything said in private. But gives one an idea.

Almost done watching now. Wishing we did not have to wait two years for the next season.

Enjoy!

sun starved Gayle

TUG Member
Reaction score
Started watching Borgen from recommendations here, and we are hooked after 1 show. Really enjoying the Copenhagen setting, we have good friends who live there and it is fun to try and recognize places we have been.

Hillbilly Elegy (movie) on Netflix
The Trial of the Chicago Seven (movie) on Netflix
Uncle Frank (movie) on Amazon Prime

Tried to watch The Two Popes but both of us fell asleep!

Men of A Certain Age (series) on Netflix

Last edited:

geekette

Reaction score
Started watching Borgen from recommendations here, and we are hooked after 1 show. Really enjoying the Copenhagen setting, we have good friends who live there and it is fun to try and recognize places we have been.

Uncle Frank (movie) on Netflix

Men of A Certain Age was a great show. I was appalled when it was cancelled after only 2 seasons.

geoand

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am a Helen Mirren fan. I did a free week of Britbox & watched Prime Suspect for the 4th time but first time in 4K format. Each episode is about 1 1/2 hours. One of the best police shows ever. Also watched Shetland and it was enjoyable

Rjbeach2003

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Agree with many of the mentioned show. We have Amazon Prime and Netflix. We have been starting off the evening with The Amazing Race. Amazon has most of the seasons. By fast forwarding through the opening it ends up being about 40 minutes. Also have enjoyed Life in Pieces on Amazon.

sun starved Gayle

TUG Member
Reaction score
Adding (All Amazon Prime series)

Good Girls Revolt - late sixties drama about journalism, equal work for equal pay. Worth it just for the costumes and soundtrack!

A Very English Scandal - True story about Member of House of Commons and how he tried to hush a scandal. Hugh Grant plays the lead, and he is especially smarmy and loathsome.

Modern Love - Based on New York Times column. Nice short stories based on true life.

KarenLK

TUG Member
Reaction score
I enjoy British shows. New Tricks is a hoot.

Justwatch.com is a great site to find out where a show airing.

Last edited:

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Grande Ocean

Uncle Frank (movie) on Netflix

I think “Uncle Frank” is on Amazon Prime Video.

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Grande Ocean
I am a Helen Mirren fan. I did a free week of Britbox & watched Prime Suspect for the 4th time but first time in 4K format. Each episode is about 1 1/2 hours. One of the best police shows ever. Also watched Shetland and it was enjoyable

Is that free trial of Brit box available to all? How long is the free trial? Not that I need a new streaming service but that series sounds outstanding.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Is that free trial of Brit box available to all? How long is the free trial? Not that I need a new streaming service but that series sounds outstanding.

Hi Luvtoride,

Watch BritBox - $0.99/month for I Month - amazon.com.

Ends Dec 9.

Also see thif link for info on Brit Box Free Trial.

Richard

Last edited:

DJensen

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yellowstone!! Maybe this is buried in pages 2-4 of the thread, I did not read through them all!

Also, Christmas Chronicles (1 and 2) are fun Christmas movies with Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn (Steven Van Zandt with music!!)