• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ April 2020 ] Quarantine TV Habits: What are you watching?

bluehende

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We just enjoyed Berlin Station. One caveat is that it was cancelled and left one plot point unresolved. Not a big deal but is there.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I started watching Luis Miguel on Netflix last night. It is a very interesting fictionalized story about his life.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
The Last Kingdom on Netflix. It started BBC2 and was taken over by Netflix after season 2. It’s based off of the book series The Saxon Stories. It’s a historical fiction and starts with the last kingdom (Wessex) to stand from the Dane invasion of the mid 800’s and the coronation of King Alfred the Great. It’s not always historically accurate, but many of the characters, battles and events were real. The protagonist is not (at least not alive during this time period). He’s a Saxon from Northumbria raised as a Dane. While not on a Game of Thrones level, the battles scenes are pretty good. There are 4 seasons and a 5th has just been announced.

It’s been review pretty high with it getting mostly 95% and above Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes. Here’s the link to the season 1 trailer.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Tonight is the final episode for Yellowstone.

We missed a lot last year with moving but we can’t find anywhere to binge watch the prior seasons for free.

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
We installed a TiVo Roamio with a TiVo mini in the BR and I had an outside antenna put up. We are now exploring all the sub channels.

I love Svengooli on MeTV. He is a great weekend schlock horror film host that is a perverted cross between old WGN's Family Classics with Frazier Thomas and Sammy Terry out of Indianapolis. I love the old Dick Van Dyke shows and Emergency!.

The reason I got the TiVo was for our local PBS station which shows old Britcoms like Good Neighbors (The Good Life), To the Manor Born, Are you being Served, Yes, (+Prime) Minister, Keeping Up Appearances ... without having to subscribe to a wealth of streaming services. It turns out the sub channels are frosting on the cake.

We subscribe to Sling TV and Amazon Prime for our other streaming content.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
I have my "heavy" TV on Netflix, Ozark, Occupied, various British crime dramas. And my late night "light" TV-just finished The Durrells (of Corfu). 5 seasons--so cute, based upon true story of widow+kids who moved to Corfu in 1934. Got the book for my Mom. Shitts creek is hilarious-just finished that after Corfu. Going to start Mr. Selfridge soon.
Wish I could get MASH, but I'd totally binge on that, I'm sure.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
The Last Kingdom on Netflix. It started BBC2 and was taken over by Netflix after season 2.
Can you also get Season 1? If not, where can I watch it?

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I have my "heavy" TV on Netflix, Ozark, Occupied, various British crime dramas. And my late night "light" TV-just finished The Durrells (of Corfu). 5 seasons--so cute, based upon true story of widow+kids who moved to Corfu in 1934. Got the book for my Mom. Shitts creek is hilarious-just finished that after Corfu. Going to start Mr. Selfridge soon.
Wish I could get MASH, but I'd totally binge on that, I'm sure.

My husband watches MASH on METV every single evening. Has seen the same episodes a zillion times. Makes me crazy.

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
Now that I'm retired, even without the quarantine, I'd be staying at home more than I was. So I'm trying to practice my new normal for day to day activities. A certain amount of TV watching was bound to happen, but lately, especially with daytime TV, I'm watching a lot more of it than I thought I ever would. (Lousy weather has helped a lot with that.) In addition to all the usual cable TV channels, network channels and so forth, we also have Amazon Prime, Netflix, and Apple TV Plus. It's a fancy TV smorgasbord in our house.

I thought I had reasonable TV watching habits before all this, but now? All bets are off. I'm watching an awful lot of the Science Channel, Discovery, History, Smithsonian, HGTV, and PBS, with a smattering of shows on weird other cable channels I never paid attention to before. Some of the channels I thought we used to receive seem to be subscription now, so watching old movies (AMC Channel) and so forth isn't an option. Oddly enough, the cable news channels I used to watch have little to no appeal to me anymore, and I rarely watch. I'll watch network evening news and a half hour or so of local evening news, but that's about it. Morning shows like Good Morning America and the Today show are just not interesting anymore, as are none of the follow-on chat shows. Too much drama and fear-mongering, I think, and pseudo-famous people marketing their latest project. I won't ever watch anything that preys on people's fears, is filled with political propaganda, and hatred thinly disguised as "news."

What surprises me about all of it is the amount of repetition. Even on the same day, it seems some shows are repeated, or within a few days it seems the same shows are on again. Some shows with new titles contain a lot of footage from previous shows with different titles. (Discovery is famous for that. I've watched the same tiger sharks eating fledgling albatross chicks on so many shows now, it's become something of a joke.) There is a woeful dearth of intelligent programming all over TV these days. I'm not a snob, and I'm relatively easily amused, but seriously? This is what we're spending so much money on every month?

When this is over, I'm going to seriously evaluate how much TV we need, and what we want to pay for. We're spending a lot of money for not a lot of product. It's almost like buying a timeshare from a Developer. (HAHAHA! See what I did there? :))

So what are you watching? Anything interesting and fun? Tell me about it - I'm looking for something new.

Dave

Can we “refresh” this thread now that the weather is turning colder, restrictions are keeping us home more as cases rise (in NJ here but much of the country too) and new things to watch or discover?

New show on Netflix, Emily in Paris was pretty good and you can’t beat the setting!

My wife, who has never binged watch anything and I are watching multiple episodes daily of “Animal Kingdom” on Amazon Prime. I describe it as a cross between Ozark and Breaking Bad...crime, money laundering, gangs and rooting for the bad guys. Anyone else into this 4 season (5th supposedly planned) pick up from AMC?

After hearing about Schitts Creek here and from others we’ve started watching that now...almost thru season 3. Hilarious and well done comedy.

And the latest Home Improvement show, since we have more time to do things around the house....The Home Edit on Netflix. These 2 cheerful women and their staff “organize” Reese Witherspoons massive closet as well as other celebrities and regular people’s homes, garages and closets courtesy of The Container Store!

What else are you watching?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
Now that I'm retired, even without the quarantine, I'd be staying at home more than I was. So I'm trying to practice my new normal for day to day activities. A certain amount of TV watching was bound to happen, but lately, especially with daytime TV, I'm watching a lot more of it than I thought I ever would. (Lousy weather has helped a lot with that.) In addition to all the usual cable TV channels, network channels and so forth, we also have Amazon Prime, Netflix, and Apple TV Plus. It's a fancy TV smorgasbord in our house.

I thought I had reasonable TV watching habits before all this, but now? All bets are off. I'm watching an awful lot of the Science Channel, Discovery, History, Smithsonian, HGTV, and PBS, with a smattering of shows on weird other cable channels I never paid attention to before. Some of the channels I thought we used to receive seem to be subscription now, so watching old movies (AMC Channel) and so forth isn't an option. Oddly enough, the cable news channels I used to watch have little to no appeal to me anymore, and I rarely watch. I'll watch network evening news and a half hour or so of local evening news, but that's about it. Morning shows like Good Morning America and the Today show are just not interesting anymore, as are none of the follow-on chat shows. Too much drama and fear-mongering, I think, and pseudo-famous people marketing their latest project. I won't ever watch anything that preys on people's fears, is filled with political propaganda, and hatred thinly disguised as "news."

What surprises me about all of it is the amount of repetition. Even on the same day, it seems some shows are repeated, or within a few days it seems the same shows are on again. Some shows with new titles contain a lot of footage from previous shows with different titles. (Discovery is famous for that. I've watched the same tiger sharks eating fledgling albatross chicks on so many shows now, it's become something of a joke.) There is a woeful dearth of intelligent programming all over TV these days. I'm not a snob, and I'm relatively easily amused, but seriously? This is what we're spending so much money on every month?

When this is over, I'm going to seriously evaluate how much TV we need, and what we want to pay for. We're spending a lot of money for not a lot of product. It's almost like buying a timeshare from a Developer. (HAHAHA! See what I did there? :))

So what are you watching? Anything interesting and fun? Tell me about it - I'm looking for something new.

Dave

Can we “refresh” this thread now that the weather is turning colder, restrictions are keeping us home more as cases rise (in NJ here but much of the country too) and new things to watch or discover?

New show on Netflix, Emily in Paris was pretty good and you can’t beat the setting!

My wife, who has never binged watch anything and I are watching multiple episodes daily of “Animal Kingdom” on Amazon Prime. I describe it as a cross between Ozark and Breaking Bad...crime, money laundering, gangs and rooting for the bad guys. Anyone else into this 4 season (5th supposedly planned) pick up from AMC?

After hearing about Schitts Creek here and from others we’ve started watching that now...almost thru season 3. Hilarious and well done comedy.

And the latest Home Improvement show, since we have more time to do things around the house....The Home Edit on Netflix. These 2 cheerful women and their staff “organize” Reese Witherspoons massive closet as well as other celebrities and regular people’s homes, garages and closets courtesy of The Container Store!

What else are you watching?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Last week the MLB World Series, this week NFL Football and college football games.

Last edited:

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
"Holidate" on Netflix. It's like a Hallmark movie, but for real adults.
There's alcohol, hangovers, swearing, and sex (mostly talk). Rel-10/28.
Kristin Chenoweth has a part as a family member who has serial holidates.

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I decided to use the record option for That Girl . I remember watching the last few shows in my youth. It just started year one and I am thoroughly enjoying it. I appreciate seeing it in episode order.

When I am done with That Girl, I think I Dream of Jeannie will be what I look for next, then Gillian Island, the Muensters, Carol Burnett Show and Petticoat Junction, each in some way giving me a good memory.

I have been watching the Voice and Live it or List it. I often put on the Food Network to see if something is of interest.
It's free on Amazon Prime to watch these with no commercials. I am a big fan of That Girl. Petticoat Junction, love that one, actually all of those you mentioned. Rick loves The Voice. I don't get it.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I have TBN on all morning into the afternoon and end with an episode of Billy Graham. I like CBN News on 700 Club and on their website. I like news with a biblical perspective, and no other channel provides that historical viewpoint.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Lots of Peacock streaming service. It's is free with Comcast. Lots of new and old shows and movies.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Great thread! (LOL! Yes, I know I started this last Spring, that was, what? Like a million years ago? :D)

So much is different since last April. We're now living in Nevada, still spending most of our time getting our home here set up, fixed up, and ready to live in. Lots to be learned about living in the desert, after all those years in the rainy Pacific Northwest. We aren't watching as much day-to-day programming, even though the TV is on almost all the time, for background noise, if nothing else. Cable options here are more limited, so it tends to stay on the same few channels - mainly HGTV or DIY. I'm surprised how many ideas I've gained from the assorted shows on those channels. Once the election cycle is over, and all the nonstop political advertising goes away, I may pay more attention to what is being shown on other channels. But it's impossible to enjoy a network show when it's interrupted by hate speech and lies every five minutes. I have enough stress in my life as it is without subliminally adding to it.

I'll be watching (so to speak) what others have to offer. As things here calm down, and our lives become more routine, I'm sure TV habits will increase.

Dave

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We watch a combo of Amazon Prime and Netflix. In the evenings DH has to have the TV on so we are always looking for the newest binge.

Longmire
Blacklist
The McGregor Saga - Man from snowy river
The Ranch
Bosch
Sneaky Pete
Homeland
Homecoming
Absentia
The WIdow
Mrs Maisal
The Crown
Reckoning
Breaking Bad
Better Call Saul
Downton Abbey
Suits
Hannah
Goliath
Jack Ryan
Texas Rising
Nightshift
The Americans

Last edited:

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
We don't have any streaming services so I'm stuck with what I can get on Directv. Lately I've been enjoying shows on PBS, many of them from other countries. Just finished "Flesh and Blood" and up next is "Roadkill" with Hugh Laurie. Previously it was Van der Valk. These are all British shows.

I'm also watching Fargo, the Amazing Race and Transplant (a Canadian medical show).

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
My husband watches MASH on METV every single evening. Has seen the same episodes a zillion times. Makes me crazy.

Happens at my house with The Crown and Downton Abbey. SOMEONE I know in this house is a super-uber-dooper-major fan, bordering on fanatic. I didn't mind watching them the first five or twenty times the same episode was on, but now? Come on, there has to be SOMETHING else on already. There's a reason we have four TVs in a house with only two people. LOL! :D

Dave

sun starved Gayle

TUG Member
Reaction score
All on Netflix:
The Queen's Gambit series on Netflix. Highly recommend, kept both of our attention to the end. It's about an orphan female chess prodigy set in the 1950's and 1960's. Great costumes and music from that era.

The Trial of The Chicago Seven (movie)

Unorthodox (series) about a young women who leaves her ultra orthodox Jewish faith in Williamsburg, NY. Based on a true story, it was fascinating to me.

Lenox Hill, a documentary about four doctors at Lenox Hill hospital in New York was fascinating.

On my list to watch next on Netflix is the new movie version of Rebecca. It does not have that great of reviews, but I'm going to watch it anyway.

Recommended to me but have not watched on Netflix yet:
Rita - a Danish comedy/drama.
Call My Agent - A French comedy about a talent agency.
Jack Whitehall: Travels with My Father- Documentary about a guy traveling the world with his dad.
Shtisel -This was recommended to me by a friend because I liked Unorthodox. Set in Israel.
Offspring - Comedy drama set in Australia about a 30 something female MD.

Last edited:

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Happens at my house with The Crown and Downton Abbey. SOMEONE I know in this house is a super-uber-dooper-major fan, bordering on fanatic. I didn't mind watching them the first five or twenty times the same episode was on, but now? Come on, there has to be SOMETHING else on already. There's a reason we have four TVs in a house with only two people. LOL! :D

Dave
I am sure that my husband would say that about the Great British Baking Off. I may have watched every season more than once. Maybe 5 times each. :) It has even inspired me to try to bake bread which has never held any interest for me. I can just buy it at the store. But I installed the Netflix app on my phone so I just put my earbuds in and no one knows.