• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Q's for Golden Strand OBX owners &/or recent guests

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a week on hold there, never saw it in person yet, and I'm wondering: what's the condition of the beach in front of it these days? Any growth or natural look on the dunes, or does it still look like it's been bulldozed, like in many images I've seen? Expectations for next spring? (Yes I know, another hurricane season between now and then.)

Also, opinions on view from a unit not direct oceanfront, but 1 stack back, 3rd floor? Looks like it's partial OV, hopefully including from inside, but hard to really tell.

Thanks for any advice.

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would go look on their website to get some ideas or look on Google Earth. The beach just north begins to be very narrow, but I believe that Golden Strand is still in a part that has a fairly wide beach. It sits up high at the road level so I don't expect a lot of natural dunes. It probably drops off to the beach level via a walkway.

Golden Strand is in a great location. One of my favorite restaurants (Goombays) is across the street and other restaurants are immediately south on the beach road. Wright Brothers museum/monument is very close. Publix supermarket is a couple of minutes away.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Suggestions only check the OBX Today and The Coastline Times newspapers for some current updated information. Enjoy your vacation time on OBX.

Last edited:

kwelty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club II
Samoset Rockport, ME
Harbor Ridge MDI ME
Tree Tops Gatlinburg
We have owned there for about a dozen years and have seen the beach erode and then get replenished. I
am not sure what it is like this year, but last year in June it was a short beach with a low dune and good visibility over it.
There are two stacks of units that sit one back. The "B" units have good visibility to the north and the "K" units, which would be like looking through a tunnel. The "L" units are even one more step back and would be worse. Most of the units have a very good view.
A resort map/layout can be found here:

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The "B" units have good visibility to the north and the "K" units, which would be like looking through a tunnel.
Thank you everyone, and kwelty, this specific info is very helpful about view. One last Q is whether B units have any ocean visibility from inside, since when it's cooler we like to sit indoors and gaze at the ocean, rather than have to sit outdoors for that.

I think there's a good chance that yes, and if you don't know, I'll probably take a chance - this is third floor in B ... but if you do know for sure and they don't, I may pass. In prime season it doesn't matter to me, but it does in swing season, and why I had my eye on this resort, hoping for a direct oceanfront view.

This'd be our 5th exchange to OBX, but we haven't been in over 10 years. Location does look good, and not a far drive from a restaurant I recall really liking which was Colington Cafe.

kwelty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Samoset Rockport, ME
Harbor Ridge MDI ME
Tree Tops Gatlinburg
You should have a partial view as B3 would be the top of the second stack of units from the right.
I haven't been in one of these corner units but I would think the view would be good although the balcony looks like it may be a little smaller than the others.
You are close to Colington. We like The Salt Box Cafe and we get our fresh shrimp and crabs from Endurance Seafood and Billy's Seafood, all in Colington.

CS.jpeg

kwelty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Samoset Rockport, ME
Harbor Ridge MDI ME
Tree Tops Gatlinburg
Looking at the resorts map, about half of the balcony would be covered.

Attachments

• Golden-Strand-Map_4-5-19 (1).pdf
    173.8 KB · Views: 8

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Looking at the resorts map, about half of the balcony would be covered.
Thanks again - however much view from inside, in any case this might offer some welcome buffer from the wind when it's really blowing, which as I recall is most of the time. I've confirmed it, appreciate the comments. :)