• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

PV Airport transportation

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
Hi, my nephew is going to Puerto Vallarta on his honeymoon. My BIL and I gave him TS exch stay as wedding present. My nephew's asking me about how to get from airport to Villa de Palmas resort. I've never been there, but I suggested a cab as VDP doesn't look too far from airport. Are there private shuttle services like there are in Cancun? If so are your recommendations?
I can use the info too for trip later this year Thanks very much !!

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
After getting through baggage pick-up, Customs, passport check, and the gauntlet of TS 'bodysnatchers' and picking up some pesos from a BANK ATM, walk outside and turn left, and cross the pedestrian bridge over the highway (kind of steep, but do-able). Taxis, UBERs, etc. will pick up there. They can't pick-up on airport grounds. Arrange a price BEFORE getting into a ride.

Jim

Last edited:

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Yes, the VDP has a resort shuttle. I think its about $26 a person round trip. The taxi is about $26 each way. I would do a taxi over the shuttle. The rates are fixed to the different zones. The VDP is in the hotel zone or zone 1.

Bill

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks so much Jim and Bill !

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
If they do not take too much luggage (and it is mostly rolling), like Jim said cross the bridge. Stop and eat at Tacon de Marlin at the bottom of the bridge,, then snag a taxi. The amount of taxi fare you save if you used the airport DVP shuttle or taxi would pay for both your lunch and taxi. Tacon de Marlin smoked marlin Burros are amazing! Our family does this each trip! We generally arrive around 3:00. Then we can just settle in to the hotel when we arrive and not have to worry about going out on travel day!

Last edited:

EJC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, Vacation Internationale, Villa del Palmar, Dikhololo
I took a cab from the PVR airport to Villa del Palmar in town (not Flamingos) On April 24th. Just went to the taxi booth inside the airport. The price, I believe, was 360 pesos (that's equal to appx $18 to $20 USD). I don't remember the cost if I had used VISA, but since it seemed more expensive than paying cash, I paid cash.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you all for your replies!
I'll pass them on to my nephew. However he has a lot more discretionary income now cause he's been remodeling houses and flippin' them. So he might opt for convenience of taxi at the airport.
I have to caution him about buying more points or units from VDP developer. He has points, not sure how many, probably purchased when he was in Cabo the other year.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Thank you all for your replies!
I'll pass them on to my nephew. However he has a lot more discretionary income now cause he's been remodeling houses and flippin' them. So he might opt for convenience of taxi at the airport.
I have to caution him about buying more points or units from VDP developer. He has points, not sure how many, probably purchased when he was in Cabo the other year.

The points do not resale well and there are different groups now where some points won't work at some resorts. It is getting difficult to find any resale for VDP gold and premiere winter weeks anymore. I see many people trying to get out of there point contracts on the facebook buy and sell group but these point resales revert to a timeshare week with a home resort making them worthless, imo.

Bill

EJC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

EJC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Over the years I have heard over and over again that the VDP points contracts revert to premiere upon resale. I've seen wording to that effect on transfer papers when I've bought resale non-point VDP contracts. HOWEVER, it's not that cut and dry anymore. Recently, I was looking at a resale VDP Cancun points contract. The resale agent was saying it would transfer as points. I contacted ResortCom and I eventually was told this particular points contract--it was Club Carribe (the Cancun VDP points program)--would in fact transfer as points, but you'd lose several important perks of the points program. You could only reserve holidays 60 days out, you could not accelerate the contract, you'd lose preferred time, banking/borrowing was reduced to one year, no Elite level benefits, and you couldn't use points for other goods and services. So, it looks to me like your mileage may vary as to whether or not resale VDP points contracts transfer as points. If you are interested in a resale VDP points contract--especially one of the newer versions like Club Carribe, I'd suggest you contact ResortCom with the account number to confirm if the contract would transfer as points, and if it would, what point contract benefits would you lose.

EJC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The 257 pesos was per car. I'd plan on $18-$20 for a taxi from the airport to Villa del Palmar in town. If it ends up being less, all the better