• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Purchasing Wyndham Resale

Shiba

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm think I'm ready to buy resale. We have used Redweek to rent at Wyndham primarily at Grand Desert and think it's time to buy. We are tied to school schedule for summer/spring break and pre covid a Veteran's Day trip. On average how many points do I need in the Wyndham system for a two bedroom unit...for a week .... for 3-4 days? We tend to go to Vegas during Sping Break and Veteran's Day? Should I buy at Grand Desert or buy a cheaper unit with lower maintenance fees? Is it possible to buy a contract with lower points and rent Wyndham points? If I buy two contracts at different resorts will I have priority at both? I previously missed out on a Canterbury unit that had around 100K points. What is the best strategy when buying resale? Thanks.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
I'm think I'm ready to buy resale. We have used Redweek to rent at Wyndham primarily at Grand Desert and think it's time to buy. We are tied to school schedule for summer/spring break and pre covid a Veteran's Day trip. On average how many points do I need in the Wyndham system for a two bedroom unit...for a week .... for 3-4 days? We tend to go to Vegas during Sping Break and Veteran's Day? Should I buy at Grand Desert or buy a cheaper unit with lower maintenance fees? Is it possible to buy a contract with lower points and rent Wyndham points? If I buy two contracts at different resorts will I have priority at both? I previously missed out on a Canterbury unit that had around 100K points. What is the best strategy when buying resale? Thanks.
Below is the points chart for Canterbury. 100k points will get you 2 weeknights so you didn’t miss out on very much. There is a wide points range in the Wyndham system based on location and season. Canterbury is one of the few resorts in which the entire year is considered Prime, hence the higher points value. There are some resorts available for around 10k/night during value weeks. It helps to be flexible and it doesn’t sound like you are so it might be hard for you to justify the expense. I suggest you spend some more time on this site doing research and asking questions. A full membership is $15/year and in addition to the forums, it gives you access to cheap rentals and very cheap, or even free contracts if you decide to purchase. Good luck!
1600013813195.jpeg

Last edited:

Shiba

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I buy two seperate resort contract will I have priority at both and will the points be combined?

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I buy two seperate resort contract will I have priority at both and will the points be combined?
Yes, and sort of. If you have a contract at Vegas for 200K, and Canterbury for 100K, you can use (up to) 200K for an ARP reservation (13-10 months prior to check in) at the Vegas resort, and (up to) 100K for an ARP reservation at Canterbury. If you don't use any points for ARP, then once you are inside 10 months prior to check in, you can use (up to) 300K on a reservation anywhere in the system.