• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Purchasing existing timeshare

Abreuer21

Reaction score
Today at 8:19 AM
Hi,
I was offered to buy a timeshare for just the cost of the monthly/yearly fees from someone who already paid 18k down years ago.
I believe it's 20,000 points a year and his (home base) is wisconsin Dell's.
I am interested in buying this timeshare but im not interested in wisconsin Dell's. I want to go to lots of the other locations in the USA or Aruba.
Can you still go to these places despite the home base being Wi. Dells? How does this work?
Anything to watch out for?
Should i stay away entirely?
Thanks in advance for your help

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Study up and do your homework. Take your time before entering into a lifetime commitment. Do give some thought to possibly renting and taking a test drive prior to considering buying.

Most timeshares are worth little or nothing. Even though someone put down $18K some years ago doesn't mean it's worth anything today. In fact, you may check eBay and find it can be purchased for as little as a dollar.

Best of luck!

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Today at 8:19 AM
Hi,
I was offered to buy a timeshare for just the cost of the monthly/yearly fees from someone who already paid 18k down years ago.
I believe it's 20,000 points a year and his (home base) is wisconsin Dell's.
I am interested in buying this timeshare but im not interested in wisconsin Dell's. I want to go to lots of the other locations in the USA or Aruba.
Can you still go to these places despite the home base being Wi. Dells? How does this work?
Anything to watch out for?
Should i stay away entirely?
Thanks in advance for your help
Not necessarily one way or the other. I'm not all that familiar with the offerings of Bluegreen TSs. As to owning where you don't want to visit, people do it all the time. I own at one resort in Arizona and have never seen the place. Like you intend to do, I exchange it for other locations.

As you were advised, study, study, study. Ask questions. Like where are BG's (I'm assuming it's a Bluegreen TS because that's the forum you posted under) resorts. How many of those points does it take to reserve the size unit you need? How much does it cost to exchange- on top of those points? You mention Aruba, Does BG have a property there? If not, does this TS exchange through RCI or II (the two largest exchange companies). Is this property deeded? Who will pay for the transfer of the ownership? You, or the seller?

Stick around TUG. Don't rush into this deal. Look at eBay and the TUG Marketplace in the blue stripe near the top of this and every TUG page. You'll find any number of TSs offered for free or a dollar. You can find some that will pay you a few hundred$ after the one you buy from them closes. Getting one for the price of this year's annual fee is not necessarily a bargain, regardless of what the seller paid for it.

Good Luck and Welcome to TUG!

Jim