• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2022] Pulse Waikiki

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
There is work being done at the Pulse Waikiki location.

Here are a couple pics and the crane was being used today to move things to the roof. Maybe we will be available to book for stays in 2024?
476deac51d5e4487029ca01be2b6e11c.jpg
7f3e3c0a7aae4b5b96a3ae56ef695c87.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
There is work being done at the Pulse Waikiki location.

Here are a couple pics and the crane was being used today to move things to the roof. Maybe we will be available to book for stays in 2024?
476deac51d5e4487029ca01be2b6e11c.jpg
7f3e3c0a7aae4b5b96a3ae56ef695c87.jpg

Is it new construction or remodel of existing building?

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Remodel

pinetree1

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is the address? We usually stay at Hyatt Regency or Westin.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
2080 Kalakaua Ave It's a good location though not great IMO. At least it's on Kalakaua and not Kuhio or canal.

frytard

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Love this. Was thinking of buying into RCI to stay at hilton hawaiian village to stay in waikiki but may just go for another marriot resell if this exist.

Is there a way to see future MVC property plans?

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Love this. Was thinking of buying into RCI to stay at hilton hawaiian village to stay in waikiki but may just go for another marriot resell if this exist.

Is there a way to see future MVC property plans?

This is the only future location that has been announced as far as I am aware. Well and the new resort in Bali but I believe that is already open now.

frytard

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
This is the only future location that has been announced as far as I am aware. Well and the new resort in Bali but I believe that is already open now.
Two places Im really excited to go! I wish the "terrace" was located in ubud though since thats the name but oh well.

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
2080 Kalakaua Ave It's a good location though not great IMO. At least it's on Kalakaua and not Kuhio or canal.
Well, the front side is on Kalakaua but the backside is on Kuhio, it's right near where those two meet. A lot closer to the Ala Wai canal than the beach. I'd say it's an "meh" location. Not completely terrible, but not great. Not sure I'd even call it good, other than the fact that it's in Waikiki for those who want to be in Waikiki.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Frank, I appreciate you posting this information. I'll send you a PM about a related but non timeshare question.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Directly Ewa across the street from the four seasons residences. Also across the street from Ft. Derussey Park on Kalakaua Ave.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Frank, I appreciate you posting this information. I'll send you a PM about a related but non timeshare question.
Ok.

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKORVN, WDW, Westin FLEX, Marriott's MOC, Abound (Trust) Points
My recollection is that they are adding a few levels (5 or 6?) to the building, I think it's more than just a renovation of the existing space. Am I misremembering?

I wouldn't hold my breath for 2024, but I guess it's possible. I'm glad to see movement.

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
My recollection is that they are adding a few levels (5 or 6?) to the building, I think it's more than just a renovation of the existing space. Am I misremembering?

I wouldn't hold my breath for 2024, but I guess it's possible. I'm glad to see movement.

When it was sold, they said converting the old shopping center (niketown) from 4 to 7 stories.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points

pinetree1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hokulani by HGVC is in a better location, next to the shopping center.

Werner Weiss

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's nice to see that work now underway on the MVC in Waikiki. The property was announced 2 1/2 years ago. So much has changed because of Covid, that I wondered if this would be one of those projects that would just quietly disappear.

We usually take a day trip to Waikiki during each of our stays at Ko Olina. It will be better to add a few days in Waikiki at the beginning or end of a stay at Ko Olina.

In a way, what Marriott Vacations Worldwide is really building in Waikiki is a sales center that just happens to offer accommodations too. There's a huge potential in Waikiki to entice potential MVCI customers.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
In a way, what Marriott Vacations Worldwide is really building in Waikiki is a sales center that just happens to offer accommodations too. There's a huge potential in Waikiki to entice potential MVCI customers.
BINGO!!!

Mowogo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview at Las Vegas; HGVC on Paradise; Bay Club at Waikoloa; Vacation Village Williamsburg; Sheraton Flex
They used to have a sales booth at Ala Moana Center, this is close enough to offer shuttle services. And it also allows for them to say Waikiki since a lot of travelers view Waikiki as a requirement for a Hawaii visit more than a stopover between the vacation island and trip home

StevenTing

TUG Member
Reaction score
sat through a sales presentation at ko olina. Was told there will be 110 rooms and they will all be 1 bedroom. What surprised me is that I was told they will only sell this in weeks at this location and not points. But it will be like 4000 points for a week if owners exchange for points.

He said they would sell as weeks to generate more revenue. At 4000 points at current price. It would only generate $375M in revenue. By selling as weeks, they could generate twice that or maybe $750M.

Anyone know how much the site was acquired for? The math and logic don’t work for me until I understand the acquisition cost.

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Anyone know how much the site was acquired for? The math and logic don’t work for me until I understand the acquisition cost.
I don’t remember that they announced the acquisition price. But the building had been empty for several years and I’ll bet they got it on the cheap. It was at the beginning of the pandemic, as I recall, so their timing was good.

Selling as weeks, a model they HAF supposedly abandoned, seems strange. And this seems like a property made for the points model. How many people will spend big bucks to go to Waikiki every year?

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR
Did they mention this will be branded as Westin or Marriott? I can understand they try to sell in week or home resort points like Nanea. They can charge more with home resort like Nanea and owner can convert to Vistana Staroptions or Marriott Club Points if needed.

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
It’s suppose to be an MVC Pulse location. I would be shocked if this was sold as weeks instead of points.

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maybe they will sell weeks pre-completion. I imagine that during construction might be one of the best times to sell weeks. That’s certainly when I bought my first week.

Once they are open, they may dump the inventory into the trust and sell points. They can then work on the weeks owners and convince them how points are so much better and they need to trade in their weeks and buy points. :p

I fear I’m becoming cynical about all of this.

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe they will sell weeks pre-completion. I imagine that during construction might be one of the best times to sell weeks. That’s certainly when I bought my first week.

Once they are open, they may dump the inventory into the trust and sell points. They can then work on the weeks owners and convince them how points are so much better and they need to trade in their weeks and buy points. :p

I fear I’m becoming cynical about all of this.
They hit us owners from all angles just to make the sale