• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Pulled the trigger and now have questions

Sammie2228

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai Villas
I just purchased a timeshare with Wyndham in Bali Hai Villas. I then found this group and quickly realized I now have tons of questions. For a purchase price of 25,500(includes closing costs) I received 308k points on even years. I also received 246k bonus points. We plan to do small vacations in the Midwest quite often (quick mini vacations to the WI Dells) and I was told it will not cost extra to book there as long as we book through Club Wyndham and not have to go through RCI. Maintenance is $65ish per month. Good deal? What am I missing here? How hard or what is the process to buy resale? Seems like a lot of hassle? Or maybe I just don't understand the process enough. I have 7 days to rescind so just trying to decide if I want to stay an owner or try to figure out the whole resale option.

Thank you for any and all advice.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
well, we have bad news and good news!

the bad news is that you paid about 25,000 bucks too much =)

the good news, is that if you just bought within the last few days, you can legally rescind by following the directions in your sales contract and purchase 308k points in the resale market from an existing owner for pennies on the dollar!

Welcome to TUG....you just saved yourself a fortune!

(ps, ill move this to they wyndham forum for you)

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I am so happy you found TUG in time. Welcome to TUG. Follow TUGBrian's advice and rescind immediately. Stick around and learn everything about club Wyndham you need to know and buy a resale for very little.

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a timeshare with Wyndham in Bali Hai Villas. I then found this group and quickly realized I now have tons of questions. For a purchase price of 25,500(includes closing costs) I received 308k points on even years. I also received 246k bonus points. We plan to do small vacations in the Midwest quite often (quick mini vacations to the WI Dells) and I was told it will not cost extra to book there as long as we book through Club Wyndham and not have to go through RCI. Maintenance is $65ish per month. Good deal? What am I missing here? How hard or what is the process to buy resale? Seems like a lot of hassle? Or maybe I just don't understand the process enough. I have 7 days to rescind so just trying to decide if I want to stay an owner or try to figure out the whole resale option.

I have to agree, go ahead and rescind the purchase. Then do your research and if you still like the idea buy it resell. Make sure you research housekeeping credits. Since you want to do several mini vacations that may cause an issue for you and you will be paying more in fees. Same thing with the reservations transactions. All these fees add up and not something I am sure the sales person told you about when you said mini vacations.

WI Dells is not always the easiest to get into especially last minute. So make sure you are able to plan in advance.

schoolmarm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA, Bali Hai, and National Harbor; Summit at Massanutten
The choice of Bali Hai was a good one...it has low Maintenance fees! The choice to buy retail from Wyndham...not so good. I have the same package of points and I bought for under $1000 resale. Wyndham resorts and the points system are great. Sales and the new website, not so much. Look here or on other Reseller's websites or on eBay for resale properties.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
.... For a purchase price of 25,500(includes closing costs) I received 308k points on even years. I also received 246k bonus points. Wyndham sales made you TEMPORARY Silver VIP ... they are setting you UP for a 2nd developer purchase because after the Bonus points window is gone, they will get you on fees like Housekeeping Credit and Reservation Transactions for SHORT STAYS.

We plan to do small vacations in the Midwest quite often (quick mini vacations to the WI Dells) and I was told it will not cost extra to book there as long as we book through Club Wyndham and not have to go through RCI. Read RTs and HKs in the pretty picture book (Member Directory). Read my above comment.

Maintenance is $65ish per month. Good deal? What am I missing here? How hard or what is the process to buy resale? Seems like a lot of hassle? Or maybe I just don't understand the process enough. I have 7 days to rescind so just trying to decide if I want to stay an owner or try to figure out the whole resale option.

Rescind ... you should ONLY BUY from the developer if CRAZY FLUSHED WITH CASH or really know the ins/outs and WHYS to spend that level of DOLLARS.

Most Wyndham owners will gladly tell you, buy to use for your family needs. The sales dudes only care about THEIR commission checks.. most do NOT own Wyndham anything but to a newbie, they know just more than you. A million points (Platinum VIP level) ... without PIC, should set you back $175,000 up to $200,000. Gold VIP is 600,000 plus developer points w/o PIC or converted Wyndham fixed week ownerships. LEARN NOW or spend big bucks ... and avoid Wyndham financing of any points' purchase.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just adding another voice singing in harmony with the chorus --- RESCIND while you can still do so!

There is absolutely no good reason or justification for paying $25.5k for something easily acquired in the secondary (resale) market for 98-99% less, with no other difference in reservation access or procedure or value or fees once so acquired.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I hope the OP comes back and sees the responses before their rescission period ends...

Sammie2228

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai Villas
Ok so I think we may have had a really good for them but bad for us sales person. I specifically asked questions about transaction fees for booking and they said only if we go through RCI. I also asked about housekeeping because I saw in the reservation that we were a guest on it mentioned housekeeping credits and they said we wouldn't have to worry about that. After reading more threads it seems as though we were mislead. We will be rescinding today. Thank you for all of your responses. I think we like the idea of owning but buying resale instead.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
eh, in most cases if you were "mislead" in most cases its completely intentional...but phrased in a specific way to make it sound otherwise.

glad you decided to rescind!

gives you time to sit back and do reading and research and then you can make an informed decision and save an absolute fortune buying resale!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
After you have rescinded, read read read and continue to ask questions. With proper research you will become an informed consumer and can make a better decision about what is best for you.