• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Puerto Vallarta Eliminates the Immigration Form to Speed Up Arrivals - the article also says they are doing this in Cancun too..

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope this will cover entry to all tourism-dependent airports. This is a start.

bjones9942

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lindo Mar, Puerto Vallarta; Lake Tahoe Beach & Ski, South Lake Tahoe
If you're a speed reader, or just missed it - this is a TEST program only. Do not expect it to remain the same, or even be in place on your next visit. It may or may not become the norm at all airports. One travel assistant ran to tell everyone that the policies had changed, got her facts wrong, and just confused everyone. Test program. Will certainly change in some, or all ways.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
I am glad that they are testing PV, as we are going in November so I will get to see how it works. :)

cheech

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bahia Principe Privilege Club, Royal Elite Vacation Club
Just went through Cancun airport last week, on a Saturday arrived at 1:00pm, was in and out the door in less than 30 minutes. They ask you a couple questions, like how long you are staying and where, then stamp your passport and on your way you go. Checkin back at the airport was pretty seamless as well.

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just went through Cancun airport last week, on a Saturday arrived at 1:00pm, was in and out the door in less than 30 minutes. They ask you a couple questions, like how long you are staying and where, then stamp your passport and on your way you go. Checkin back at the airport was pretty seamless as well.
Did you have carry-on baggage only?

We had a long wait for our checked bags

cheech

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bahia Principe Privilege Club, Royal Elite Vacation Club
Did you have carry-on baggage only?

We had a long wait for our checked bags

Nope, they were waiting on us once we got through immigration.

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nice.
That has not been our experience the last two trips

DonnaD

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Vacation Club
I arrived in Cancun and the process was so easy and fast. No forms to fill out. Waited for our luggage a bit but getting through customs was a walk in the park.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I know there were some talk a while back with the whole 180 visitor permit (FMM). How is that impacted? Is everyone who is just carrying around a passport stamp automatically granted 180 days?

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know there were some talk a while back with the whole 180 visitor permit (FMM). How is that impacted? Is everyone who is just carrying around a passport stamp automatically granted 180 days?
Yes, I believe that is the case now

pianoetudes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham and Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Yeah only 10 min waiting in the immigration line, but 60 min in custom line. When 5 flights from USA arrived about the same time, the custom becomes a zoo.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
We will arrive on November 12th around noon. We do carry-on only, so will not have to wait for bags, but will have to join the line to get through the custom line and it does seem to take longer than the Immigration line.

Our plan is to walk across the bridge, have lunch at Tacon De Marlin, take a taxi to Buganvilias and check in. If the unit is not ready, we will leave our bags and go to LeComer to get stuff for the week. Then the first of our family arrives around 4:00 - we have different folks each of our 3 weeks.

bjones9942

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I flew in to CDMX a couple of weeks ago from the USA and immigration was still a zoo. And I was in the line with the nationals (I have residency)! People in the foreigners line were there twice as long (I know because I forgot to fill out my returning portion of the FMM and stepped out of line to do it causing me even more of a delay - bad me. Procedures started changing after I went to the States, so I needed to have my FMM to match the part I turned in when I left). This is why I have Global Entry when going the other way. Even LAX is a breeze with Global Entry!

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
We arrive in PV tomorrow. Southwest sends info to complete immigration and custom forms in advance.
However Puerto Vallarta airport is not in Mexico immigration site's form airport list, I checked twice, then I remembered this thread.
My husband tried to follow Southwest's link again today, and I was able to stop him before he tried to
spend too much time on it.

I reserved shuttle pick up thru Buganvillia. I hope we won't take exceptionally long in customs.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
We arrived yesterday afternoon. Our SW plane landed around 2:40 but couldn't deplane until 3. We were right after Jet Blue, and I think Alaska had landed somewhat earlier. The immigration line was long but moved quite quickly, no form required, just got our passports stamped.

I think it took about 50-60 min to get bags and go thru customs. The customs line snaked every which way in the baggage claim area. Hard to tell where was the end of the line. We didn't see anyone with home printed customs form as we did. Many handed over the Mx customs printed form, but oddly very few filling them out in the moving line.

After customs and outside was pretty chaotic. I think more so than Cancun because Cancun has a larger arrivals parking area than PV.

Garry

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We arrived in Cabo on Saturday with preprinted forms in hand. Immigration looked at the forms, said you don't need them, not even to exit the country, stamped our passports and we were in. Luggage took an hour! Customs was not bad - maybe 15 minutes or so. No exit forms to worry about losing!

boraxo

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra, Villa Resorts (Mexico)
Done and done! We arrived PV on Saturday before thanksgiving and the lines were so short they were eliminat8ng the ropes. Maybe 2 minutes tops LOL so we didn’t even bother with our ABTC card in the crew line. No forms, just a quick photo of each traveler and we were done in about 2 minutes. Fantastic experience now though we had to wait a long time for checked bags. So long that there was almost no customs line by the time we got them. Green light, whoopee!

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
Is anyone aware of the limitations on nationalities that qualify for this?

Planning on going in March and I would rather use my Swiss passport vs. my Canadian since I only have four pages left in my Canadian passport and will need them for upcoming visa travel to Asia.

bjones9942

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
For those entering México to complete their residency, you will need a printed copy of your FMM. Here's a video describing how to do it once you've arrived: