• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Just purchased - Help!

LeHorn

Reaction score
Hi,

We just signed yesterday with Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach while at their presentation. We went there with no intention to buy and what got us at the end was that there are supposedly no maintenance fees.
Here is the deal we got:
1 BR (100 + 100 points) with 2 additional vacations a year that can bought from ANY of the 3 exchange programs they offer. The 2 additional weeks will cost between $49 to up to $399 per week (I ask several time if it can be more). Even though we bought equity for a 1BR place we can get the additional 2 weeks for 2BR. Here is the other interesting part and some of you might have experience with it. They said there is absolutely no maintenance fee or such except when we actually would stay at the property (PBS). The fee would then be $900 for that week. If we don't stay at the property they would give us a $2000 credit for that year (first 2 years in cash). Btw, we would not stay there anyways because we love Medano Beach instead, because you can swim there. This $2000 credit can then be used for all kinds of travel including the additional 2 weeks as well as other hotel, car, activities etc. They even let you use it for shopping online.
Just by these "facts", especially no maintenance fee, this was a no-brainer. I would basically have my money back just after a few years. Of course I started reading the night after we bought and now I am a bit worried.
Is there really no maintenance fee or any other ongoing fee associated with that and where would I check that? Does anybody have experience with this $2000 credit?

Any immediate feedback or help is appreciated since we could go back and cancel within 5 days!?

Thanks so much.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Is this an all inclusive resort? If so there will be fees, probably daily ones to stay there.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think you should cancel. Rescind. Read your contract. The words the sales weasel says mean exactly nothing. All that matters is what's in black and white. Period. Mexican TSs are notoriously easy and cheap to rent. UsuAlly below MF cost, and of course, like your big selling point, no use, no cost.

Rescind now. If after hanging around here, asking questions, getting answers, it turns out to be the deal you want, it will still be available. They are not selling out. Trust us, you won't but from the developer after you know.

Best wishes.

Jim

LeHorn

Reaction score
I was actually talking about fees for the actual program, not the individual stays. For most resorts down here you can opt for all inclusive for a daily fee. Thanks.

LeHorn

Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback Passepartout.
Does anybody have experience with the $2000 credit they supposedly offer when not using the resort during the year?

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback Passepartout.
Does anybody have experience with the $2000 credit they supposedly offer when not using the resort during the year?

I have never heard of such a thing, and doubt strongly that anyone else here has either.

That would be BIG news that would spread like wildfire here. It's bogus.

Rescind. Or as we love to say here, Buy resale, save thou$ands.

Jim

geekette

Reaction score
Sorry can't be of much help, PB was selling good ole RTU weeks when last I toured, the points program is rather an anomaly. You really have to refer to what is in writing, that's the only knowledge possible.

Definitely check your documents for that 2k to not use, but you probably will not find it. Even if it is so, and is usable on many many things, chances are those things go through a special portal that makes them not such a great value. Presumably they would take your week from you that you aren't using and that's how you would be "credited" 2k and it could be much less than that if it is 'your rental proceeds'.

PBSB is a lovely resort, but you yourself stated you don't want to stay there. I suggest cancelling this now. It's easy to rent in Cabo, why buy where you don't want to stay? Further, an exchange company could put " a regional block " on you so that you cannot exchange into another resort in Cabo because you own there.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
There is an owners group on Facebook. They should be able to answer your Pueblo Bonito specific questions. It is a closed group so it may take a day to get approved. https://www.facebook.com/groups/PB.owners/?fref=nf

FWIW, other owners have reported difficulty receiving the benefits promised by the developer. My unit was a resale unit so I have no direct experience with the benefits offered.

But since you can rescind, you should.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
the fact that you still have unanswered questions is MORE than enough reason to rescind and research your options.

should you decide later that its the resort for you, that same deal will be available to you at the resort....and likely much better ones via resale.

LeHorn

Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses. Now my question is how to best rescind!? Just go back to the resort and deal with them? Does someone have a written form or so? Again, any advise would be much appreciated. Thanks again.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

oldbuyer

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hacienda Encantada, Playa Grande, Pueblo Bonito Sunset
Since you are still in Cabo go over to the Profeco office on the 3rd floor of Golden Palace office center wich is next to the main bus station north of PBS about 3 miles. Or call Profeco Mexico city at 52 55 5211 1723.
I rescinded my developer 100 point contract using this Profeco office. BTW I bought the same contract in the resale market w/o the optional MF and W/O the MANDATORY 5 year refurbishment fee (small print on the back middle of your contract) for $5.65 all in (seller paid the transfer fee).
If you prefer Medano beach you might consider Cabo Villas- see the resale contracts listed on TUG- most are under $1000 and you are on the beach!

PStreet1

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
A point to keep in mind: if the deal were that good, everyone would be signing up, and no one would be selling their timeshare for practically no money on Ebay.com or Redweek.com. If the deal were so marvelous and it were actually easy to rent those weeks to someone wanting to pay top dollar to stay there, there's no way a developer would be selling the weeks: he'd keep them and rent them himself for a huge profit.

You've been bamboozled. Rescind now! If you don't, the chances are you'll regret it from now on.

You simply write a letter (you don't have to explain why you want to rescind, simply state that you are doing it). The contract probably says it has to be sent by certified mail. That's not possible in Mexico. Therefore, if it were me, I'd write the letter and make copies. Insert at the bottom a line saying something to the effect of "received by ___________ date _____________." Go back to the resort and get ALL YOUR COPIES SIGNED BY THE MANAGER in charge of sales. Leave one copy with them. From wherever you are staying, fax a copy to the address they give you on the contract. When you are back in the U.S., complete everything required by certified mail and stipulate that you have enclosed the signed copy from the resort, which is dated, but that since you were in Mexico, you could not send the certified copy any sooner. Also make note of how to reach the Mexican authorities to complain--and be absolutely certain you have one of those signed and dated copies of the letter in your possession.

oldbuyer

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pat, in Mexico you are correct that there is no certified mail so Profeco recommends rescinding by DHL signed delivery receipt. The DHL office is on Leona Vicario about 2 miles up the road from the mall but I believe there is also a DHL office in the Golden Plaza near Profeco- how convenient.
I have also rescinded in person but many folks are not comfortable dealing with the VLO and being slimed again by the salesman who probably already spent their commission.

A point to keep in mind: if the deal were that good, everyone would be signing up, and no one would be selling their timeshare for practically no money on Ebay.com or Redweek.com. If the deal were so marvelous and it were actually easy to rent those weeks to someone wanting to pay top dollar to stay there, there's no way a developer would be selling the weeks: he'd keep them and rent them himself for a huge profit.

You've been bamboozled. Rescind now! If you don't, the chances are you'll regret it from now on.

You simply write a letter (you don't have to explain why you want to rescind, simply state that you are doing it). The contract probably says it has to be sent by certified mail. That's not possible in Mexico. Therefore, if it were me, I'd write the letter and make copies. Insert at the bottom a line saying something to the effect of "received by ___________ date _____________." Go back to the resort and get ALL YOUR COPIES SIGNED BY THE MANAGER in charge of sales. Leave one copy with them. From wherever you are staying, fax a copy to the address they give you on the contract. When you are back in the U.S., complete everything required by certified mail and stipulate that you have enclosed the signed copy from the resort, which is dated, but that since you were in Mexico, you could not send the certified copy any sooner. Also make note of how to reach the Mexican authorities to complain--and be absolutely certain you have one of those signed and dated copies of the letter in your possession.

LeHorn

Reaction score
Thanks again.
I checked all my paper work and could not find any section about cancellation at all.
There are also basically 2 parts I'll probably need to cancel, the actual points contract and the Pueblo Bonito Preferred (Concierge Program).
I might consider going to the Sales Manager and the Profeco here in Cabo. There is a mailing address of Pueblo Bonito here in Cabo San Lucas. I can try that as well.

oldbuyer

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There is only one contract to cancel. The Premier benefits are part of the developer contract. When you purchase a contract on the secondary market you only purchase the underlying (stripped) contract. The Premier package is a optional membership (with annual fees) sweetner to up the precieved value of the entire package. That said the Premier package is just a glorified RCI membership that is only worth $49/year for membership. I found the Premier package was about 10% of what the salesman said it was.
Notes: If you purchase a Cabo resort that resort puts a block on your RCI or II membership so you can not exchange or get extra weeks in other Cabo/Mazatlan resorts. You can only book extra weeks at your home resort. Got to love it

Someone asked about AI. Currently it is optional to owners and guests at PBS and is about $70/person/day. Cabo lately has been adding resort fees (mandatory tip and wifi fees at Cabo Villas) and have started demanding (Fiesta Americana) AI to all guests and exchangers. Just two new ways to extort from the tourist.

Thanks again.
I checked all my paper work and could not find any section about cancellation at all.
There are also basically 2 parts I'll probably need to cancel, the actual points contract and the Pueblo Bonito Preferred (Concierge Program).
I might consider going to the Sales Manager and the Profeco here in Cabo. There is a mailing address of Pueblo Bonito here in Cabo San Lucas. I can try that as well.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
I don't think going to the Sales Manager will be of any help as anyone in the sales dept. will try to convince you not to rescind. Profeco is your best bet and do it ASAP.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
agreed, the last thing you want to do is talk to anyone in sales!

Reaction score
Thanks again.

We did the same thing on 3/21/15, we got an attorney her in Cabo just so we can really cancel. The attorney took the cancellation contract back to them and they were not happy. Our contract is now canceled and I also disputed with our credit card company.

bjones9942

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lindo Mar, Puerto Vallarta; Lake Tahoe Beach & Ski, South Lake Tahoe
I haven't checked recently, but PBSB used to appear frequently on eBay. I've never heard of them giving anyone money/credit if they don't use ... just doesn't make sense that you could recoup your investment by staying at home!

I say run to Profeco now. Do not pass go. Do not pay another $200. Do NOT talk to sales people :)

Good luck!

LeHorn

Reaction score
Ok, we just came back from our wonderful family vacation at Cabo. So here now the update on what we specifically did.
On our second day after the purchase we went to PROFECO in Cabo. They were immediately asking if we are here because of timeshare. So it is not uncommon. They told us to FedEx the Cancellation note to Pueblo Bonito (certified). In addition sending copies of everything to 2 PROFECO email addresses in Mexico City. We were supposed to call then a number to verify that they have retrieved the emails.
So far so good.
We decided to go back to the Pueblo Bonito Sales Office to talk to a General Manager for different reasons, the most important one to hopefully resolve the issue right away.
We ended up talking to the respective General Sales Manager and he was quite "friendly". Of course we mentioned our other option with PROFECO. He sent us to the Administrative Office and they processed the cancellation in the system. We gave them a signed cancellation note and we retrieved a cancellation letter. The down payment is supposed to be credited by latest within 15 days. We had the cancellation letter also signed by the General Manager.
So overall a decent experience. I wanted to highlight this to be fair.
The General Manager was upset about the misrepresentation during the Sales pitch. Not sure if this was real though.
We got a call later that day from our Sales guy, but just because he wanted a certificate back that he supposedly paid out of his pocket. Wow, and this after wasting hours of our time...
Well, we are happy that it all seems fine after all.
Thanks again to everybody here on the forum. Your help is much appreciated.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
LeHorn, thanks for your update. Glad to hear it all worked out for you.

oldbuyer

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
On our second day after the purchase we went to PROFECO in Cabo. They were immediately asking if we are here because of timeshare. So it is not uncommon.
The Cabo office gets several of these rescissions a week. They ask every gringo "Timeshare?" They even had a literature rack full of timeshare rescission pamphlets (unless they have all been taken).
With what you have done you should have no problem. There is a 15 day hold on your funds but mine came back in that time frame. PBS is one of the more professional companies to work with in Cabo and that was why I eventually purchased a contract of theirs in the secondary market.
Back to your original request, If you want to be on Medano beach then it's: Cabo Villas, Casa Dorado (high MF fees), VDP and Arco, Pueblo Bonito Rose and Blanco. All are available on the secondary market but supposedly Casa Dorado has a first right of refusal clause. Perhaps a Casa Dorado owner will chime in and confirm or deny.

witty

Reaction score
pueblo bonito sunset beach

Run as fast as you can ! This sounds familiar.we purchased something similar in playa del carmen at the palm hotel ...promised extra weeks where they guaranteed rental & $ 2000 cash , no maintenance & lloyds certificate for future cash in exchange for our timeshares & our payment of cash. we are in the process of undoing this mistake. the marketing co was called ALLURE .
this is our final lesson in timeshare scam ! No more attending timeshare presentation especially in mexico!
Call up your credit card co to cancel charges etc

Elise212

Reaction score
What is mailing address of PROFECO?

Just found this message board from Googling. My issue is with PBSB committing a serious timeshare fraud/con/swindle, and the sales fraud perpetuated by the sales person, took me past 15 days, waiting on other paperwork he was to send me for signatures. I'm now at 30 days since the contract was signed. But I have a witness of the fraud. So I need to send certified DHL rescind and fraud charges letter to both PROFECO and the General Manager of PBSB, so a name and address if anyone know would be helpful too.

Ok, we just came back from our wonderful family vacation at Cabo. So here now the update on what we specifically did.
On our second day after the purchase we went to PROFECO in Cabo. They were immediately asking if we are here because of timeshare. So it is not uncommon. They told us to FedEx the Cancellation note to Pueblo Bonito (certified). In addition sending copies of everything to 2 PROFECO email addresses in Mexico City. We were supposed to call then a number to verify that they have retrieved the emails.
So far so good.
We decided to go back to the Pueblo Bonito Sales Office to talk to a General Manager for different reasons, the most important one to hopefully resolve the issue right away.
We ended up talking to the respective General Sales Manager and he was quite "friendly". Of course we mentioned our other option with PROFECO. He sent us to the Administrative Office and they processed the cancellation in the system. We gave them a signed cancellation note and we retrieved a cancellation letter. The down payment is supposed to be credited by latest within 15 days. We had the cancellation letter also signed by the General Manager.
So overall a decent experience. I wanted to highlight this to be fair.
The General Manager was upset about the misrepresentation during the Sales pitch. Not sure if this was real though.
We got a call later that day from our Sales guy, but just because he wanted a certificate back that he supposedly paid out of his pocket. Wow, and this after wasting hours of our time...
Well, we are happy that it all seems fine after all.
Thanks again to everybody here on the forum. Your help is much appreciated.