• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Pueblo Bonito scam??

Nav17

Reaction score
So i went to Cabo last year and went to one of PBSB time share presentation. and were fooled into the PB Preferred. We went and came back home and a few months later I still hadn’t received me username and password in the mail like promised. So I contacted my sales person and tried calling asking how i could login but all I got was “I’m on vacation and I will look it up once I get back to work” so I waited a few weeks and still hadn’t received a response and I sent another message asking for a response. I never received my account information in the mail Like promised nor a bill so I figured I got scammed and was out $500 for the upfront cost so I took the loss and thought that was it. A few days ago I get an email from PB saying that my account is delinquent and owe ~$3200 and threatened to send me to collections. I never opened a line of Credit or anything or have them my social and was wondering defaulting on this amount would affect my credit

does anyone have any advice on how to cancel this with them? And how to go about that

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
If you don't care about the $500 then just ignore PB. They can turn this over to a third party collection agency but it is not collectable unless you acknowledge this debt is yours to the collection agency. PB could get a judgement in Mexico but I doubt that they prepared the docs properly. If and when the collection agency notifies you that they are taking this to court for judgement it is just a bluff to get you to negotiate terms. They can't take you to court for a debt originated in Mexico and receive a judgement unless it was an American line of credit which I doubt it is.

I am not an attorney and I am only suggesting what I would do. You can read up on debt collection and make up your own mind.

Bill

Nav17

Reaction score
Hi Bill,
Thanks for your response. can they send me to collections if they HQ is located in US. I looked them up and apparently they are in San Diego. I also read somewhere that PB has sent some to collections and did affect their credit score. I just don’t want a foreclosure mark on my report

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
PB probably uses an USA based company to service accounts like resortcom. That isn't what matters. What matters is the type of loan you took. If it is an American line of credit as in a signature loan for consumer goods then the debt could be processed. This would be like using your credit card. The debt wouldn't be from PB but from a line of credit. If it is a Mexican loan then it would be hard to imposible to get a judgement in the USA. I doubt that PB has an American line of credit available as they have no locations outside of Mexico.

Bill

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Pueblo Bonito does have a company called Concord Servicing in Phoenix, AZ where you pay MF or payments on your purchase. There is also a company in San Diego that mailed us our contract.

What kind of paperwork did you receive? There should be a contract number on it. I do not know what PB Preferred is because we purchased a resale Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay unit on eBay eight years ago and have never stayed there. We use it for exchanges for ourselves or friends. But we did get the paperwork from the San Diego address and then a billing statement for MF from the Phoenix location. Both had our account number.

When we got the first MF statement, it had instructions to go to www.pbmembers.com website and I used my account number to login to the Concord account - yellow button top left. Once I did that, I was able to see all the information about our account.

Nav17

Reaction score
I just got the paper copies but never got anything in the mail whatsoever. And now I realized I don’t want nor need it and just wanted advice and to see if I can get out of it without it affecting my credit or it being a foreclosure mark

I was also wondering if anyone had a real life experience of defaulting with PB and if it can affect my credit score here in US