• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Prospective owner...possibly, maybe, considering it...

OLDWESTBUFF

Reaction score
considering purchasing a membership from a lady, she has 7000 credits. We are newbies so my question is: 7000 credits, will that get us a 2 bedroom for a week at most of the resorts? Maybe that is a question that can't be answered, like I said please don't judge, lol, new at this, first TS we have ever considered purchasing but Worldmark is in the western US which is were we like to travel and they look like quality. Thanks in advance for any advice, answers, etc

Hobokie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara (HGVC) + Worldmark
Hello! :) Welcome to TUG! I am a WM owner with 6,000 annual credits and love my WM!

You can actually access credits/points information on the WM website without being an owner. You can see all the resorts and click on "Credits Chart"

I took a quick look and I don't think you can book a 2 bd anywhere for an entire week during red (highest demand) season (this is a quick look through, there might be some!), but you can book 4 nights (Thu - Sunday) in a 2 bedroom during red season at all of the following west coast resorts...

Birch Bay (Washington)
Leavenworth (Washington)
Discovery Bay (Washington)
Lake Chelan Shore (Washington)
Surfside Inn (Washington)
Seaside (Oregon)
Eagle Crest (Oregon)
Running Y (Oregon)
Depoe Bay (Oregon)
Gleneden (Oregon)
Schooner Landing (Oregon)
Windsor Wine Coutnry! (California)
Bass Lake -- this place is awesome (California)
Marina Dunes -- super hard to book though (California)
Clear Lake (California)
Angels Camp (California)
Solvang (California)
Palm Springs (California)
Dolphins Cove in Anaheim near Disney (California)
Oceanside (California)
Lake Tahoe (Nevada but on the South Side)
South Shore in Tahoe (Nevada but on the South Side)

etc etc etc...

Check out the worldmark website and see for yourself :)

If you end up passing on this 7k annual membership, may I please have your lady's contact info? My sis wants to join the club and I would tell her to consider this for sure!

1674842548376.png

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Generally speaking, 7000 credits won't get you into a typical 2 bedroom WM unit for a week. You'd need about 10K-12K credits to do that. Newest resorts and high-demand areas (e.g. Moab, Utah) would need at least 13k credits for a 2br week.

WorldMark has some options. You can borrow up to your entire allotment of annual credits from next year. So with 7K from one year, and 7K borrowed from the next, you'd have 14K to work with. But in that second year, you'd have no current credits to work with, and you'd need to boorrow ahead again to get anything. That could prove frustrating. You can also rent credits from other owners for cash, to give you what you lack. There are also cash options that rotate around within WorldMark, like Monday Madness, where certain resorts are available to book for reduced credits or cash at a discount. There are a couple of other cash or discounted perks, too, if you can book in a short-term window.

All told, if you expect you'd want at least a 2br week someplace every year, I'd suggest looking for a 12K-14K credit account. That will ensure you have enough to book just about anything in a given year. The rest is about availability and your travel schedule.

Don't overpay for what you buy. Check ebay auctions for bargains.

Good luck!

Dave

Last edited:

Huskerpaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BoardWalk Villas, MVC Grande Vista & Willow Ridge, WorldMark
Worldmark also lets you rent other owners' credits that they transfer to your account. You can rent 2x your contract amount each use year. So you could rent up to 14,000 credits to add to your 7,000 account each year. I agree to check ebay. wmowners.com also has a list of trusted brokers if you would rather pay a little more to not have to deal with ebay. I will say I own two accounts and bought both on ebay.

OLDWESTBUFF

Reaction score
Worldmark also lets you rent other owners' credits that they transfer to your account. You can rent 2x your contract amount each use year. So you could rent up to 14,000 credits to add to your 7,000 account each year. I agree to check ebay. wmowners.com also has a list of trusted brokers if you would rather pay a little more to not have to deal with ebay. I will say I own two accounts and bought both on ebay.
Huskerpaul was it difficult to buy on Ebay? Who handles the sale for you, if anyone, when you are a newbie?

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

I bought my 12K fully-loaded account through eBay, and I paid about $1600 at the time. The Seller paid all the transfer fees.

Dave

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Huskerpaul was it difficult to buy on Ebay? Who handles the sale for you, if anyone, when you are a newbie?

I'm not @Huskerpaul, but my eBay experience was very straightforward. The seller back then was a broker who handled the paperwork. I have since sold my contract, and I handled the paperwork myself. Because WorldMark is not deeded, there is a one-page form WorldMark provides the seller and buyer to transfer names. It gets filled out by both parties and sent to WM. They do the transfer within about a month or so. My Buyer was known to me, and sent me the money directly.

If you want a third party to handle things, use LT Transfers. They are Tug members in very high standing. They'll process things for about $200. https://www.lttransfers.com/

Dave

OLDWESTBUFF

Reaction score
I'm not @Huskerpaul, but my eBay experience was very straightforward. The seller back then was a broker who handled the paperwork. I have since sold my contract, and I handled the paperwork myself. Because WorldMark is not deeded, there is a one-page form WorldMark provides the seller and buyer to transfer names. It gets filled out by both parties and sent to WM. They do the transfer within about a month or so. My Buyer was known to me, and sent me the money directly.

If you want a third party to handle things, use LT Transfers. They are Tug members in very high standing. They'll process things for about $200. https://www.lttransfers.com/

Dave
thanks Dave, appreciated!

Huskerpaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BoardWalk Villas, MVC Grande Vista & Willow Ridge, WorldMark
Mine was straightforward as well. Both times I bought from a seller who had multiple listing and a good history. I also know people on wmowners who recommed a broker if you are worried about doing ebay. But both my mine were fine from the ebay sellers side. I waited over two months for the seller to return the esign docs back to WM, but that was not the ebay sellers fault. In fact they were very good about following up. I bought from timesharediscounts and buyandselltimeshares. Both were very professional.

MCLRenoNV

Reaction score
I was also looking to be able to book a 2 bedroom for a week. We bought 12k credit account, as that usually covers a week at most resorts. The cash option are a big plus, Bonus Time within 2 weeks, Inventory Specials within 2-3 months and Monday Madness specials. As mentioned above, you can rent credits from other owners, if needed and you don’t have the annual MF obligation. WMOwners forum is a great resource.

We decided to use one of the trusted brokers listed here, https://www.wmowners.com/threads/worldmark-trusted-resale-brokers.45426/

We may have paid a few $$ more than through eBay, but they helped move the transaction along and it was nice to be able to have a conversation and negotiate over the phone.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
You'd need about 10K-12K credits to do that.
Sorry, but I think I have posted before in response to one/some of your posts the the median points required to reserve a 1 bedroom Red season is 8,000 credits and 2 bedroom Red Season unit is 10,000 credits. (I ran the calculation on the Excel file created for this):

It would, of course, depend on the resort of interest.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Sorry, but I think I have posted before in response to one/some of your posts the the median points required to reserve a 1 bedroom Red season is 8,000 credits and 2 bedroom Red Season unit is 10,000 credits. (I ran the calculation on the Excel file created for this):

It would, of course, depend on the resort of interest.

Thanks. I know that chart is helpful. (BTW, it needs updating.) I know there are bargains to be found. OP has said in this and previous threads that he is interested in 2br units at WM resorts nearest National Parks out West. They will be traveling with their kids, so planning ahead is important.

WM West Yellowstone requires 13K credits. WM Moab requires 13K credits. WM St. George requires 10K credits. The WM resorts on Maui and the Big Island in Hawaii each require 12K credits. If they want to get into a 2br unit in those locations in prime visiting times, they'll need to have enough credits to do that.

In this thread, they are considering purchasing a 7K account from their friend. They're not likely to be able to get what they're after without a lot of extra effort and cost. To give them enough credits to give them best options at booking what they want, I'd recommend they look at purchasing a 12K-14K account. That way they can book what they find without extra effort.

Dave

Last edited:

CaliSunshine

TUG Member
Reaction score
As long as you don't mind the hassle of renting credits in, with 7K credits you can use 21K credits a year (7K + 14K rented in). Also, rented credits are generally lower MF/credit unless you have a ton of credits. wmowners has plenty of people offering credits for rent.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, HGVC The Bay Club, HGVC Elara, Worldmark

Dave
You really don’t need LT for WM. You are not buying a deed, but a contract.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
You really don’t need LT for WM. You are not buying a deed, but a contract.
I agree. But OP was asking about a company to handle things.

Dave

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, HGVC The Bay Club, HGVC Elara, Worldmark
I agree. But OP was asking about a company to handle things.

Dave
Probably didn't understand this is not a real estate transaction.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
I have purchased 2 WM Accounts off EBAY. It was handled by the seller, myself, and Wyndham Transfer Office.