• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Pros/Cons of WorldMark ownership

Jarmont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello all.
Im new to TS’s and I’ve been researching the Worldmark timeshare listings (as suggested by other TUG users) and I must say they don’t look too bad. Quite a few are relatively driveable from my area in Canada (Alberta), and they look to be decent accommodations. When I research more through other sites I see a lot of concern and frustration regarding their online system and their customer service hotline.

I figured I better go to the forum where the actual experts hang out.

What are the pros and cons of WM ownership? Are the accommodations and benefits for ownership good, any issues with their customer care phone line and online booking system that I keep seeing?
By the looks of available points charts, it looks like 12,000-14,000 points would be sufficient for an annual 1BR or 2BR accommodation at most site (correct or mis-read)?

thank you all

Jarmont

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
You should be aware that Worldmark Maintenance Fees are bracketed, and everyone within I believe a 2500 point bracket pays the same Fee amount. In your example, 14,000 points would cost you the same annual fees as 15,000 points. I think most savvy owners try to get to a multiple of 5K to minimize their annual cost per point and to help avoid trying to find odd contracts that could get them to a number like 12,500.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
The website for WorldMark used to be great, easy to navigate, and I loved it. Then Wyndham did what they do, and they made a new website, and it's very tough to navigate, but ironically, it's exactly the same as the Club Wyndham website. So I can navigate because I am used to Wyndham.

The program is great. We own 46,000 points, and we usually don't have to pay for housekeeping. Every 10,000 points you get one HK fee. If you own 12,000 points and want to book 5 nights here and another 4 nights there, you may have to pay housekeeping on that second stay. Just so you know...

Also, guest certificates are $99. So if you have an adult child you want to add to the membership, I would certainly consider doing that. You don't want to pay to have your kids use the membership.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
WorldMark as an owned timeshare system works well, if you're clear in what you want, and you can maneuver around the website to do your booking. Calling in to get help can be a hassle, since the phone people don't usually have much knowledge about how things work. I suspect a fair amount of the call center is outsourced, so there is an additional challenge of having to explain over and over about the same issue each time you may have to call in. But as to the WorldMark locations and accommodations - they're very good. They are not five star places, but then, neither are the maintenance fee prices. They're well run, clean, and conveniently located. As in so many things timeshare-related, location is everything.

This link shows the 2022 WorldMark locations. If those work for you, then it sounds like WM may be a good fit.

Do not buy from the Developer - definitely buy resale. You can get an ownership very reasonably, without overspending. Do your research before you buy.

Dave

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
WorldMark as an owned timeshare system works well, if you're clear in what you want, and you can maneuver around the website to do your booking. Calling in to get help can be a hassle, since the phone people don't usually have much knowledge about how things work. I suspect a fair amount of the call center is outsourced, so there is an additional challenge of having to explain over and over about the same issue each time you may have to call in. But as to the WorldMark locations and accommodations - they're very good. They are not five star places, but then, neither are the maintenance fee prices. They're well run, clean, and conveniently located. As in so many things timeshare-related, location is everything.

This link shows the 2022 WorldMark locations. If those work for you, then it sounds like WM may be a good fit.

Do not buy from the Developer - definitely buy resale. You can get an ownership very reasonably, without overspending. Do your research before you buy.

Dave

Where did you find the map ? I use that to figure bonus time out routes and it disappeared when they launched the new site.

Bill

Jarmont

TUG Member
Reaction score

Dave
Hi.
I was under the impression there were European sites or Mediterranean sites with WM. I don’t see any in the map link.
Thanks. J.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi.
I was under the impression there were European sites or Mediterranean sites with WM. I don’t see any in the map link.
Thanks. J.

Did you get that in a Sales presentation? There are a few RCI sites in Europe, mostly far from civilization. Sales weasels are notorious for taking something you say, such as "We like to visit Europe/The Med" and spin existence of an exchange sites into (dishonest) verbal assurances that Worldmark can get you where you want to go in Europe.. Worldmark doesn't have anything in Europe at all.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi.
Thanks. J.
WM or RCI or II, the timeshare offerings in Europe are NOTHING like TSs in the resort areas of N. America and Mexico. There are a few, mostly out in the countryside, NOT in the European cities where Americans want to visit. Europeans LIVE in cities. They want to vacation out in the countryside. There are a few TSs in Spain/Portugal & some golf resorts in Scotland, but generally the facilities are smaller and with less amenities than the US counterparts.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Where did you find the map ? I use that to figure bonus time out routes and it disappeared when they launched the new site.

Bill

It was posted on Tug months ago. I clicked it, then saved a Bookmark to it. I don't know who made the map, but it includes Moab, so seems pretty current. I don't think it is from WM. I think a private citizen made it.

Dave

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
It was posted on Tug months ago. I clicked it, then saved a Bookmark to it. I don't know who made the map, but it includes Moab, so seems pretty current. I don't think it is from WM. I think a private citizen made it.
That's why they pay you the BIG BUX! :cheer:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Hi.
Thanks. J.

There are no WorldMark locations in Europe or the Med. If you were told they have locations there, they were either mistaken, or they lied to you. You might be able to arrange an Exchange through an outside company to get to a timeshare in Europe and the Med, but odds are tough, and pickings are very slim.

Think of WorldMark as a mostly western USA and Canada thing. There are a few locations in Mexico, Florida, and a couple up the East Coast and in the Midwest, but most are in the West.

Dave

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

Jarmont

TUG Member
Reaction score

Dave
Thank you. Do you know if the WM timeshares hold with any value for RCI exchange points? In case I want to expand to RCI in the future. Thx. J.

Hobokie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara (HGVC) + Worldmark
Thank you. Do you know if the WM timeshares hold with any value for RCI exchange points? In case I want to expand to RCI in the future. Thx. J.
Are you looking to potentially trade into RCI or II? In general, I have found most folks on here prefer Interval International to RCI.

I can’t speak to Worldmark trading in RCI as I don’t have my WM tied to RCI, but I can speak to how well it trades into II (strong trader) because I have my WM in II. HOWEVER, I would not get a WM timeshare specifically to trade into II (there are much cheaper and easier ways to trade in II vs getting a points system like WM.

PS - love my WM!

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Dave

I think I better save this. Thanks for re-posting it.

Bill

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

As @Hobokie said above, WorldMark is a strong trader in Interval International. But the WM website has a direct link to RCI from there, so that would presume it's worth having. (Although RCI is owned by Wyndham, who also own WorldMark, so it may be a "brothers in arms" thing.) But I also agree, don't buy WM if you plan to just trade it. The costs will be too high for that. What makes WM a good value is the cost of the vacations, and the locations where the resorts are found. A lot of WM locations are near National Parks and high-end tourist destinations. That makes it worthwhile to many people. It's what drew me to it.

Case in point: I have a two-week vacation coming up to WorldMark resorts on two islands in Hawaii. I booked these last year, so the vacation accommodations are already paid for. Using 2022 credit costs, this 14-night vacation in 2 bedroom condos, with full kitchens, living rooms, laundry, and two bathrooms, will cost me just $168 per night - in Hawaii - right near the beach. I've stayed in a lot of lousy motel rooms for those kind of rates, and even higher. So for me, it's win-win.

Dave

Jarmont

TUG Member
Reaction score
As @Hobokie said above, WorldMark is a strong trader in Interval International. But the WM website has a direct link to RCI from there, so that would presume it's worth having. (Although RCI is owned by Wyndham, who also own WorldMark, so it may be a "brothers in arms" thing.) But I also agree, don't buy WM if you plan to just trade it. The costs will be too high for that. What makes WM a good value is the cost of the vacations, and the locations where the resorts are found. A lot of WM locations are near National Parks and high-end tourist destinations. That makes it worthwhile to many people. It's what drew me to it.

Case in point: I have a two-week vacation coming up to WorldMark resorts on two islands in Hawaii. I booked these last year, so the vacation accommodations are already paid for. Using 2022 credit costs, this 14-night vacation in 2 bedroom condos, with full kitchens, living rooms, laundry, and two bathrooms, will cost me just $168 per night - in Hawaii - right near the beach. I've stayed in a lot of lousy motel rooms for those kind of rates, and even higher. So for me, it's win-win.

Dave
Thank you.
I don’t plan on trading the WM right when I purchase a resale. I am just looking at potential options to us down the road. If WM has the resorts that we come to like them trading may not be an option. Thx again. J.

jrb916

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dave

Wyndham does not own WM, they are the management company. WM owners own the credits & locations. Unfortunately, we pay them to manage & staff the resorts. Resort staff tell everyone they own WM and that is inaccurate. We have been very happy with them but only have experience w/ the new website which is the least functional website I have ever used. We have had 3 great trips & another one planned. We also visited the Orlando resorts as our contract was processing & were greatly impressed with them. Rent & see if they are right for you before you buy. Although, there are some great deals on eBay recently. Good luck w/ your decision & keep asking questions. I decided to buy WM based on the great advice here!

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Wyndham does not own WM, they are the management company. WM owners own the credits & locations. Unfortunately, we pay them to manage & staff the resorts. Resort staff tell everyone they own WM and that is inaccurate.

Ok. But no matter how they are listed on paper, Wyndham as the management company becomes a defacto owner of WorldMark. Why else would the new Worldmark website be an exact replica of the Wyndham website? When you call the WorldMark call center, half the time the person answering the phone stumbles over their words, and calls you a Wyndham owner. Why does the website say "WorldMark by Wyndham?" Even the website URL is https://worldmark.wyndhamdestinations.com/ So there isn't much separation of the two. :D

Dave

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Wyndham South Pacific (use to be Worldmark South Pacific) has several locations in Europe. Also Australia and New Zealand. But you have to buy Developer Credits to have Access. Those that have WM+A Credits (pre November 2006) also have access.

With Resell WM Credits you have full access to the 90+ Worldmark Resorts, which includes Fiji; Bonus Time; Inventory Specials; and, Monday Madness. Booking high demand Resorts can be a challenge.

Also checkout the Web Site www.wmowners.com/forum. This is a site by Worldmark Owners for Worldmark Owners.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
By the looks of available points charts, it looks like 12,000-14,000 points would be sufficient for an annual 1BR or 2BR accommodation at most site (correct or mis-read)?

Yes, 12,000 and 14,000 is a decent account. Bonus time is a big perk for us. We use bonus time for overnight stays on our drive to Arizona and California. Occasionally we do motorcycle trips or car trips and stay at WM on bonus time for less than a nice hotel. There really isn't anything too bad. Maybe the sales staff at some resorts are the biggest con.

Bill

Jarmont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, 12,000 and 14,000 is a decent account. Bonus time is a big perk for us. We use bonus time for overnight stays on our drive to Arizona and California. Occasionally we do motorcycle trips or car trips and stay at WM on bonus time for less than a nice hotel. There really isn't anything too bad. Maybe the sales staff at some resorts are the biggest con.

Bill
I’m assuming that you get “bonus time” from attending and purchasing from the presentations? Can you acquire Bonus Time with resells? J.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I’m assuming that you get “bonus time” from attending and purchasing from the presentations? Can you acquire Bonus Time with resells? J.

No, bonus time is available to all members. Any inventory that is available at 14 days out can be rented for cash. There are some resort that have exotic bonus time that can be book at 30 days. Guest usage is allowed. For us, guest usage included bonus time stays at the Camlin in Seattle while they operated on my grand daughter. I have a few accounts so I was able to buy alot of bonus time. For me personally, it was Kihei bonus time that saved us when a condo we rented had too many roaches. I expect a few in Hawaii but not a few hundred.

Bill

Bonus Time gives you access to last-minute WorldMark inventory. If spontaneous getaways are your style, Bonus Time is for you.

• Booking window
    Owners: 14 days from date of arrival
    Guests: 5 days from date of arrival
  • Guest usage allowed
    Yes
  • Allowed active reservations
    One confirmed reservation per account at a time
  • Maximum length of stay
    4 nights
Exotic Bonus Time

For a tropical getaway, look to Exotic Bonus Time. Enjoy a stay at the following resorts for a reduced fee-per-credit rate:

WorldMark Coral Baja
WorldMark Fiji
WorldMark Isla Mujeres
WorldMark Kapaa Shore
WorldMark Kihei
WorldMark Kona
WorldMark Elysian Beach Resort
WorldMark Valley Isle
WorldMark Zihuatanejo

• Booking window
    30 days from date of arrival
  • Guest usage allowed
    Yes
  • Allowed active reservations
    Cannot book more than 30% of the resort's suites
  • Maximum length of stay
    30 nights

Jarmont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hmm. Something else to look at. Also something else that could be a bit confusing, lol.
Thanks for this.