• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Proposed email to Deanne about preVOA meeting in May

wyndhamrental

TUG Member
Reaction score
I posted the following on the Forums website. Kendra

Since I have been instrumental in coordinating the preVOA meetings for the last two years, I took it upon myself to write a proposed email to Deanne that I have NOT sent. Before we decide whether or not to have a preVOA meeting, I think we have to determine whether or not Deanne herself would be willing to participate and meet with us. She can't help but know it would be a hostile environment.

To this end, please read my proposed email and make suggestions/comments/recommendations and Glenn advise me if/when to email it. Thanks - Kendra

Dear Deanne

I am writing to you again on behalf of the Wyndham Resorts Forums group (formerly known as the Fairfield Timeshare Yahoo group) which presently has 4397 registered Wyndham Vacation Ownership owners and guests. I have coordinated the preVOA meetings and question/answer sessions in 2007 and 2008 and am prepared to do so again this year (as are others).

Last year we submitted 51 questions to you and your associates to answer and from this list you selected 37. We had 48 individuals/couples attend (82 discrete individuals) from our group and five Wyndham representatives:
Deanne Gabel –SVP Owner Services/FSP Plan Manager
Barbara O’Donnell - Owner Programs
Rick Gregory – Owner Communications (new letters, Faces and Places)
Stephanie Ardahl – Owner Communications
Scott Richards – Director of Owner Care

Discussion has begun already about this year’s preVOA meeting that you and others have been coming to since your arrival at Fairfield/Wyndham in 2006 (and as been held for many years previous to your hiring). We are uncertain as to how to proceed in this direction as there is a great deal of dissention among many group members because of the continuing erosion of owner benefits and rights.

As you know from monitoring our website, some members want to continue this tradition, others want to cancel this activity and still others plan to go but to be vocal about their opinions and not just sit there and listen to the Wyndham Corporate – “but we made/are making these changes for your own good and because members requested them”.

Before we decide among ourselves whether or not to invite you and your selected Wyndham representatives to meet with us this year, we would like to know – “If the Wyndham Resorts Forum group invited you to meet with us again this year for a preVOA meeting, would you come?”

Looking forward to your reply – Kendra E Bowers

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
Nothing personal Kendra, but given your current legal actions against Wyndham, I don't think you should be the lead person on any efforts to meet with them during the upcoming meetings.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Hi Kendra,

When is the meeting? I have some time in May and am thinking of going. Rick would like to look Deanne square in the face and ask the pertinent questions, "why are you overcharging so much for guest certificates, why are our benefits decreasing every year, and what happened to point transfers?"

The changes to the program are getting so ridiculous as to be laughable.

Don

TUG Member
Reaction score
As for the point transfers; they are not usually an every year happening for most owners. And if you can't get them from someone else, who is left to get them from? Only Wyndham, then you have to rent them.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
I think the tone and language of your letter increases the chance that they will have an unavoidable schedule conflict with your meeting.

Why not just a simple e-mail notifying them of the meeting and asking if they will be attending as they have in years past. The question of "will you attend IF you are invited" makes it seem strange.

And I agree with Yvonne comments. Your role in the lawsuit, would likely make them suspicious.

Also be prepared for them to throw up the "due to the lawsuit, we cannot comment" response to most pointed questions that will be raised. Since the WM BOD used this as their "shield" response, I cannot imagine that Wyndham would respond differently.