• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Proof of vaccination

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
We already have proof of negative test or proof of recovery in some situations for travel or to avoid quarantine. I’m wondering g how long it will be before we have a proof of vaccination rule?

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
There is already talk of it by some airlines.

VacayKat

Reaction score
I'm sure it will happen - but its risky. Even if vaccinated, its no guarantee you are protected from catching the virus. -say a 100 people on a plane, 95% achieved immunity (if optimal immunity occurs in all those vaccinated) and 5% achieve little to no immunity. That means 5 people on that plane could be actively infected with the virus despite being vaccinated. The reason vaccinations work is not to keep a single person virus-free but to provide enough immune coverage that the virus doesn't spread and eventually stops being contracted. Even when I have opportunity to be vaccinated there is no way I will consider it my free pass, even if airlines or countries are foolish enough to promote it as such.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
this should go to the Covid section

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
I'm sure it will happen - but its risky. Even if vaccinated, its no guarantee you are protected from catching the virus. -say a 100 people on a plane, 95% achieved immunity (if optimal immunity occurs in all those vaccinated) and 5% achieve little to no immunity. That means 5 people on that plane could be actively infected with the virus despite being vaccinated. The reason vaccinations work is not to keep a single person virus-free but to provide enough immune coverage that the virus doesn't spread and eventually stops being contracted. Even when I have opportunity to be vaccinated there is no way I will consider it my free pass, even if airlines or countries are foolish enough to promote it as such.
Not sure on your math and statistical analysis. I don't think 100% of those that "could" be infected (your 5%), would be infected.

But if they were somehow, there would be noone else to infect anyway, so wouldn't matter.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
We already have proof of negative test or proof of recovery in some situations for travel or to avoid quarantine. I’m wondering g how long it will be before we have a proof of vaccination rule?
Did the physician give you something in writing as proof for a negative COVID - 19 Test ?

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think that some kind of 'proof of vaccination' is impractical. How would we know with any degree of confidence that the bearer actually has immunity? So far, we don't know how long vaccination remains active, or actually what strain of Covid they are immune from. I suspect it will be like flu shots- That is, it's up to the individual to be confident personally, that THEY are protected. They might get sick, but if we get a flu shot each year, we have at least, the confidence that we did what we could- supported by medical experts who, in their wisdom, created and chose the vaccine that would protect the most people. Sometimes they hit the target, sometimes they miss it.

Jim

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
There has been talk of Vaccine Passport apps to provide proof of vaccination. Seems like some airlines and counties like the idea, but certainly not without problems.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

I love the part lower in the story where the professor from Duke is concerned about creating a situation where possession of a piece of paper would lead to a two-tiered society. Funny that she doesn't have the same concern about having a piece of paper from a recognized university (called a diploma) that leads to a two-tiered society where holders of that piece of paper have access to things such as jobs, that others don't have.

VacayKat

Reaction score
Not sure on your math and statistical analysis. I don't think 100% of those that "could" be infected (your 5%), would be infected.

But if they were somehow, there would be noone else to infect anyway, so wouldn't matter.
Didn't say 100% could develop the illness, but yes, all people who come into contact with the virus must be infected in order for the vaccine to protect from developing illness if they come into contact with it. The vaccine is not a magical force field keeping the virus from getting into you. So 5 people could be infected and ill and the other 95 could carry that virus to another 5% who aren't protected and so forth. People who say they are immune so they can come into contact with the virus and they won’t transmit it aren't aware that they can still carry it on their person and infect others. This of course implies that 95% efficacy rate under optimal conditions holds true for the general vaccination effectiveness.- it is very likely effectiveness in certain populations will be lower and fewer will thus be protected.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Keep in mind I’m NOT saying vaccination creates absolute immunity. I’m a health care worker. I know this.

What do you get when you mix science and politics? You get politics. This is about the practical political needs of tourism dependent destinations. From major spots like Hawaii to the minor stops like Dodge City, KS and everywhere in between.

That said, those destinations that are heavily dependent on tourism for their economy must mitigate risk with benefit. A vaccinated person will be less risk. As such I wonder how long it will be before a person carrying a valid vaccination card will be less encumbered by restrictions while traveling (ie quarentined).

I doubt a valid vaccination card will get anyone out of the mask mandates. Vaccination is not a 100% guarantee, but it will decrease the risk enough that I could see tourist destinations being more open to the vaccinated than the non-vaccinated up until the time we get close enough to herd immunity it’s a moot point.

Old Hickory

TUG Member
Reaction score
You know what? I was cleaning out some old "stuff" that I had kept from childhood and ran across my immunization scorecard. Measles, chickenpox, polio, etc. everything noted. I'm ready for the brown shirts to ask for my papers.

geekette

Reaction score
...all people who come into contact with the virus must be infected in order for the vaccine to protect from developing illness if they come into contact with it.

What?