• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Problem with booking Home Week On-Line

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Per the rules, you can book your Home Week, 1 year before the check-in date. Of course, you must also meet the other requirements for Home Week Booking:
  • Use only current years points
  • Consecutive night reservations at the Home Resort in the season and unit typed owned for the number of days owned checking in on the standard check-in day for that resort.
So I was checking on-line to make a Home Week booking yesterday for Christmas week starting on Saturday, December 19, 2020. I wasn't allowed using the on-line reservation system but could by calling HGVC. Today, I could make the Home Week booking via the on-line system.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Its because its not 1year. As per the rules its "only" 365 days which normally would be one year. Next year is leap year so it have more days in it. Today + 365 days is December 19th 2020

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
As per the rules its "only" 365 days which normally would be one year.

What? I think that you are correct. I didn't even think about that. Thanks.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Blame Julius Caesar for inventing leap years (c.46 BC).
We could also blame politicians for wanting an extra day to campaign.

But there'll be relief in the year 2100...
Leap years divisible by 100 are skipped (like 1900), unless they're also divisible by 400 (like year 2000), in which case they're observed. Dropping three leap days every 400 years keeps the calendar on time. - per National Geographic

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: W. 57th, Vegas Strip
DVC: Boardwalk Villas, Beach Club villas
But there'll be relief in the year 2100...
Leap years divisible by 100 are skipped (like 1900), unless they're also divisible by 400 (like year 2000), in which case they're observed. Dropping three leap days every 400 years keeps the calendar on time. - per National Geographic

So, basically, no issue booking Home Week for 2101 a year in advance, then. We'll all have to touch base then...

Cheers.